Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Ariens Modified & Repowered 1032 (pics)

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
jrtrebor

Ariens Modified & Repowered 1032 (pics)
Original Message   Nov 10, 2011 10:35 pm
Finally got the electrical straightened out, I hope (with help from some on this board)
and finished up everything else.

Removed the 11hp Honda clone engine that I put on last year and replaced it with a 13hp Honda GX390
with a 10A lighting coil.  Rewired everything.  Added a stainless shield on the front of the blower
Still have to get a new battery.  And hose it down with Fluid Film. But other than that it's ready to go.
Had some snow and sleet today.

Serrated the Augers.  Replaced the auger shaft bushing setup with flange bearings
Replaced the impeller bearing.  Gave everything a fresh coat of paint.

Tapered the deflector 3/8" on both sides to tighten up the stream a little

Fabricated a new belt cover.

Modified the starter cover to cover the Rectifier and wiring.

Removed the old steel shields on the front of the chute and replaced them with stainless ones.
When I had the wheels off I realized that I could thread in some 1/2 bolts from the back side of the
wheel plate to make studs.  Then use car lug nuts to hold the wheels on.  Now all the threads are protected from the
weather inside the lug nuts.  I'm keeping my eyes open for a pair of cheap 8" moon hub caps.

This message was modified Nov 10, 2011 by jrtrebor
Replies: 17 - 26 of 58Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
aa335

Re: Ariens Modified & Repowered 1032 (pics)
Reply #17   Nov 11, 2011 4:55 pm
I think you may have mentioned those alignment marks before, they were red I think. My memory slips me, that's okay.  Once in a while, old things seems new and exciting again. 

Seems like you have a lot of experience transporting equipment.  Those tie downs are secure.

Looking forward to your videos with the new engine.  The last 11hp engine you had seem to move a good volume of snow.
This message was modified Nov 11, 2011 by aa335
RedOctobyr

Reply #18   Nov 11, 2011 10:07 pm
That is awesome. Wow, beautiful job! I was really scratching my head on how you made the belt cover out of what looked to be sheet metal, but with added curves (to clear the chute) that can't simply be bent using a single sheet of metal. That Sintra stuff must be pretty cool. Great work!
bus708

Reply #19   Nov 13, 2011 9:39 pm
You did a beautiful job.  Did you change the shoot? It looks taller than the one for that model blower. What year is that model? 
jrtrebor

Reply #20   Nov 13, 2011 9:59 pm
bus708 wrote:
You did a beautiful job.  Did you change the shoot? It looks taller than the one for that model blower. What year is that model? 

Thanks very much, glad you like it.  It's Model # 924084. 
Not really sure what year it is but I believe late Eighties.
Here is what it looked like the day I bought it.
It ran and blew snow pretty well.
But the Tim Taylor in me said... we've got do something with this thing.

sscotsman

Reply #21   Nov 14, 2011 7:41 pm
Wow! that is sweeeeet!
very cool..

[quote]Thanks very much, glad you like it.  It's Model # 924084. 
Not really sure what year it is but I believe late Eighties.
[/quote]

I have model 924084 listed as produced from 1992 to 1996.
possibly plus or minus a year.

http://1stclass.mylargescale.com/scottychaos/Ariens/Page7.html

Do you still have the Tecumseh engine you took of it?
if so, the serial number on the engine tag might be able to ID the year of the engine,
which would most likely ID the year of the snowblower..

Scot
This message was modified Nov 14, 2011 by sscotsman
bus708

Reply #22   Nov 14, 2011 7:56 pm
What did you paint with? Automotive paint or something else?
borat

Reply #23   Nov 14, 2011 9:00 pm
Very nicely done.  Send those pics to Ariens, AYP, MTD, Simplicity and Toro to give them something to aspire to. 
RedOctobyr

Reply #24   Nov 14, 2011 9:59 pm
bus708 wrote:
What did you paint with? Automotive paint or something else?

I would also be interested in any painting info you'd care to share. The fact that the After pics are beautiful, and Before pics show a fair bit of rust, is encouraging. At least that can be addressed if you're willing to take the time, which you obviously did.
manjestic

Reply #25   Nov 14, 2011 10:36 pm
RedOctobyr wrote:
I would also be interested in any painting info you'd care to share. The fact that the After pics are beautiful, and Before pics show a fair bit of rust, is encouraging. At least that can be addressed if you're willing to take the time, which you obviously did.

Ditto.  Especially for folks like me who don't have access to sand blasting, paint booth, compressed air...  Sounds hopeless when I type that.  Wonder what a sandblasting service costs?
This message was modified Nov 14, 2011 by manjestic
Summerwinds

Simplicity 924i, Toro 3650

Reply #26   Nov 14, 2011 10:55 pm
This is outstanding, a real tribute to your mechanical ingenuity and fabrication skills! A true hot rod snowblower!
Replies: 17 - 26 of 58Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42