Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Dyson's first retail store opens as part of a trial run

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
M00seUK

Dyson's first retail store opens as part of a trial run
Original Message   Dec 10, 2009 7:58 am
Dyson opens its first pop-up shop today, created by the product company’s in-house team. If Dyson deems the venture a success, it will consider opening a permanent store.

http://www.designweek.co.uk/dyson-opens-bluewater-pop-up-store/3007793.article

This message was modified Dec 10, 2009 by M00seUK
Replies: 74 - 83 of 94Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
M00seUK

Re: Dyson's first retail store opens as part of a trial run
Reply #74   Feb 2, 2010 2:21 pm
Someone I know said they heard the store would be staying open, although there's no source to clarify that with (and said person has no connection with Dyson).
CarmineD

Reply #75   Feb 2, 2010 3:58 pm
M00seUK wrote:
Someone I know said they heard the store would be staying open, although there's no source to clarify that with (and said person has no connection with Dyson).

FWIW, in the states, stores have to enter and in cases pay in advance a portion of the lease term for store space.  If it closes, it will probably be after the lease term expires.  Store leases read that the tenant/lessee is still liable for the rent even if it closes before the lease term expires.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Feb 2, 2010 by CarmineD
M00seUK

Reply #76   Feb 2, 2010 6:08 pm
CarmineD wrote:
FWIW, in the states, stores have to enter and in cases pay in advance a portion of the lease term for store space.  If it closes, it will probably be after the lease term expires.  Store leases read that the tenant/lessee is still liable for the rent even if it closes before the lease term expires.

Carmine D.

You have a point. Maybe Dyson had an agreement with the landlord to trial the site for a number of months and then the option to commit to a long-term contract if they decided to stay beyond that.
It's quite common to see retail units being advertised for short-term rents. For example the town near me has shop locations with leases offered by the week / month.
CarmineD

Reply #77   Feb 2, 2010 8:07 pm
M00seUK wrote:
You have a point. Maybe Dyson had an agreement with the landlord to trial the site for a number of months and then the option to commit to a long-term contract if they decided to stay beyond that.
It's quite common to see retail units being advertised for short-term rents. For example the town near me has shop locations with leases offered by the week / month.

Thank you and one now for you.  Since my last post on visiting the dyson site, I purchased/installed a new computer to replace a 6 year old which lost its hard drive suddenly.  Using the click, drag and drop method you suggested I am able to view the other countries for dyson's markets.  Thank you for suggesting it.  Tho it didn't work at the time, I suspect due to the limitations of the computer, it surely does now. 

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #78   Nov 20, 2010 8:39 am
Just curious on how well this dyson store is panning out.  Any news/updates to report here on the success of this concept store for dyson in the UK?

Carmine D.

Venson

Reply #79   Nov 20, 2010 5:01 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Just curious on how well this dyson store is panning out.  Any news/updates to report here on the success of this concept store for dyson in the UK?

Carmine D.

Bless you for the topic Carmine. I was much, much in need of comic relief today.

Check out http://www.engadget.com/2009/12/13/industrial-robot-arm-pretends-to-do-chores-in-dysons-london-pop/ AND be sure to turn comments "on". Things get interesting. From what I gathered, it was merely a temporary venture until January 25th of this year. I hope this is an error on my part.

Venson
CarmineD

Reply #80   Nov 20, 2010 5:20 pm
Venson wrote:
Bless you for the topic Carmine. I was much, much in need of comic relief today.

Check out http://www.engadget.com/2009/12/13/industrial-robot-arm-pretends-to-do-chores-in-dysons-london-pop/ AND be sure to turn comments "on". Things get interesting. From what I gathered, it was merely a temporary venture until January 25th of this year. I hope this is an error on my part.

Venson

Hi Venson:

We both read this the same way.  Gone out of business. 

Carmine D. 

CarmineD

Reply #81   Nov 21, 2010 7:11 am
CarmineD wrote:
Hi Venson:

We both read this the same way.  Gone out of business. 

Carmine D. 

In due respect for he concept of a pop-up store, it is not meant to have long life.  Just 5-6 weeks.  As this dyson store.  The real meat of the matter will be if dyson returns again this year with the pop up store for the holidays stocked with kitchen ware appliances, as suggested in other threads. 

Carmine D.

retardturtle1

Reply #82   Nov 22, 2010 4:18 pm
CarmineD wrote:
In due respect for he concept of a pop-up store, it is not meant to have long life.  Just 5-6 weeks.  As this dyson store.  The real meat of the matter will be if dyson returns again this year with the pop up store for the holidays stocked with kitchen ware appliances, as suggested in other threads. 

Carmine D.

Hi Carmine

As expected.....a pop up store ....no more no less.....so much more can be had at far less.

turtle

CarmineD

Reply #83   Nov 22, 2010 5:01 pm
retardturtle1 wrote:
Hi Carmine

As expected.....a pop up store ....no more no less.....so much more can be had at far less.

turtle

Hello turtle:

Interestingly I received an email from dyson today with their latest for dyson owners with pets:  DC23 and 24 animal models.  Doesn't look good for anything new coming from dyson this year except for DC33 and DC35 both variations on the same old dyson theme with a tad more spin and marketing.  I admit $319 for dyson's DC33 Muti-floor is more reasonable than DC 07 and 14, both scrubbed.  I expect as the holiday season ramps up DC33 prices will come down more.  I note that the 20 percent discounts from Bed Bath and Beyond no longer excludes dyson purchases.  Applies now to all dyson products too.  I recall several years ago when BB&B tried this, dyson had a hissy fit and made them exclude dysons from the discounts.  No more.  Shades of Wal*Mart.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Nov 22, 2010 by CarmineD
Replies: 74 - 83 of 94Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42