Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Dyson's first retail store opens as part of a trial run

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
M00seUK

Dyson's first retail store opens as part of a trial run
Original Message   Dec 10, 2009 7:58 am
Dyson opens its first pop-up shop today, created by the product company’s in-house team. If Dyson deems the venture a success, it will consider opening a permanent store.

http://www.designweek.co.uk/dyson-opens-bluewater-pop-up-store/3007793.article

This message was modified Dec 10, 2009 by M00seUK
Replies: 64 - 73 of 94Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Severus

If my vacuum can remove even one spec of dirt that yours misses, then mine is better than yours - even if there's no proof that mine would have picked up as much dirt as yours...

Re: Dyson's first retail store opens as part of a trial run
Reply #64   Dec 20, 2009 10:48 pm
Carmine wrote:

BTW, as you know the use of circuit breakers, fail safe switches etc, are features of better made and sold vacuum products.   

DysonInventsBig (aka Dustmite) wrote:

You're full of crap.  You need your own shop.

Dustmite,

Are you saying that you don't have a problem with a $400-$600 vacuum leaving out features like circuit breakers to protect the motor?  To me it's a sign that Dyson is not doing their homework.   These aren't state of the art features being left out.  These are features that have been around for a very long time, and for good reason.  

Tom Gasko once said that Dyson really needed to hire a vacuum historian so that they would avoid making stupid design mistakes (I'm paraphrasing, he was a little more diplomatic).   It sounds like Tom was right on the money. 

The smart tyrant writes his own story to ensure that it is favorable.  The lazy will repeat lines from the book without fact checking. 
CarmineD

Reply #65   Dec 21, 2009 6:50 am
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Forty two years buys you what?  The right to lie of good product and good men?  As a dog returns to it vomit...  you keep lying, as do many in your small niche industry.

Dyson Invents Big

DiB-ster:

Vacuums were a vocation for me for over 42 years, not a job.  How about you?  No need to lie.  The products, the men who make/sell speak for themselves.  I'm not saying I'm better than anyone in the vacuum world.  I'm saying I discovered the truth about the vacuum industry after 55 plus years of experience and don't buy into marketing propaganda and shill speak.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #66   Dec 21, 2009 6:55 am
Severus wrote:

Dustmite,

Are you saying that you don't have a problem with a $400-$600 vacuum leaving out features like circuit breakers to protect the motor?  To me it's a sign that Dyson is not doing their homework.   These aren't state of the art features being left out.  These are features that have been around for a very long time, and for good reason.  

Tom Gasko once said that Dyson really needed to hire a vacuum historian so that they would avoid making stupid design mistakes (I'm paraphrasing, he was a little more diplomatic).   It sounds like Tom was right on the money. 

Agree, SEVERUS, better made/sold vacuums at the same price/less dyson vacuums have these inexpensive and simple features.  For the good of the product and the customers. 

I also agree with Tom Gasko.  Dyson lacks the historical knowledge of the vacuum industry needed to prevent making the same mistakes and misques as those who went before.  

Carmine D.

mole

Reply #67   Dec 21, 2009 8:53 am
Dib, I can understand your enthusiasm about your employer, but facts are facts take a dc17 and stall the brush rollor suck up a sock or rag into it. Please report back with your findings. Unfortuneatly in real world applications this happens a lot and damage does occur.

B.T.W how are the canister sales going? have not heard too much fanfare about them anywhere.

Carmine and Severus are right Dysons overpriced,mediocre performance, not user friendly,service centers are not there, With all the millions that Sir James has made you think its time to give back a little????????

MOLE

DysonInventsBig

Reply #68   Dec 21, 2009 5:30 pm
mole wrote:
Dib, I can understand your enthusiasm about your employer, but facts are facts take a dc17 and stall the brush rollor suck up a sock or rag into it. Please report back with your findings. Unfortuneatly in real world applications this happens a lot and damage does occur.

B.T.W how are the canister sales going? have not heard too much fanfare about them anywhere.

Carmine and Severus are right Dysons overpriced,mediocre performance, not user friendly,service centers are not there, With all the millions that Sir James has made you think its time to give back a little????????

MOLE

Wouldn’t it be beneficial for the lying independent to have some Dyson work, warranty or otherwise?  I do wonder if Dyson LTD has no alternative but to ‘throw some occasional work’ at these gnome’s and trolls.

My DC15 has never burnt-out a brushroll motor, even when it's sucked up a sock. - Or course I shut it down immediately.

Dyson Invents Big
This message was modified Dec 21, 2009 by DysonInventsBig

M00seUK

Reply #69   Dec 21, 2009 5:51 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Wouldn’t it be beneficial for the lying independent to have some Dyson work, warranty or otherwise?  I do wonder if Dyson LTD has no alternative but to ‘throw some occasional work’ at these gnome’s and trolls.

My DC15 has never burnt-out a brushroll motor, even when it's sucked up a sock. - Or course I shut it down immediately.

Dyson Invents Big

The DC15 has a circuit breaker and works well. The point being is that other Dyson models don't and is the alternative they employ just as good or not?
DysonInventsBig

Reply #70   Dec 21, 2009 5:59 pm
M00seUK wrote:
The DC15 has a circuit breaker and works well. The point being is that other Dyson models don't and is the alternative they employ just as good or not?

I never looked.  I've not looked at the DC17 either.

mole

Reply #71   Dec 21, 2009 6:36 pm
The dc15 has a circuit board that controls the motor in the brushbar head,Its not a true circuit breaker,it has to be replaced as a unit ,the dc15 uses a gear drive to drive the rollor.

Hoovers dual V machines used a similar set up and are just as finicky and problematic as the dc15.The 17 was a step in the right direction with the timing belt with the teeth.

Its also not a true breaker but a heat sensor that  senses motor temp sort of like a thermal fuse line.Any way  it was a nice try.Ask panasonic how this worked out on the whispertones powerhead  

MOLE

HARDSELL

Reply #72   Dec 21, 2009 8:04 pm
mole wrote:

MOLE

Be sure that no one is wearing the sock.  Dang it mole. Do you want DIB to hurt someone?
Acerone

Reply #73   Feb 2, 2010 1:54 pm
Any word on how the store is doing. [img]http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/12/26/article-1238543-07B0FB40000005DC-88_468x323.jpg[/img]
Replies: 64 - 73 of 94Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42