Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > dyson going bankrupt?

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
CarmineD

dyson going bankrupt?
Original Message   Sep 21, 2009 1:34 pm
Hello dyson DIB:

I heard a rumor today and figure the only way to confirm it is to run it by you.  The grapevine is saying dyson is going bankrupt soon?  Any truth to it?

Carmine D. 

This message was modified Sep 21, 2009 by CarmineD
Replies: 39 - 48 of 48Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
vacomatic

Re: dyson going bankrupt?
Reply #39   Oct 26, 2009 1:39 am
Just the facts, folks...just the facts.

If Dyson is going bust, it's interesting that the bust follows introductions of two rather unique products, its Airblade hand dryer (which does what it claims to do), and the new "bladeless fan"  (which is actually not fully true as there is a bladed turbine in the base sending air to the bladeless venturi jet performing the work as the room's air mover).

Granted home sales and related stuff are way down. 
In Portland OR home builders have been in slow mode for some time, with one going under and another beginning to make a profit again after a few years of losses.
CarmineD

Reply #40   Oct 26, 2009 7:40 am
Vacomatic:

As with all companies that go under, the scheme is to keep it from the workers and buyers as long as possible.  Business as usual is the management mantra.  GM's saturn is an excellent example.  Advertising on TV the same day that GM announced Penske backed out of the deal and the brand would be scrubbed. 

I would argue in the reverse that a company that unloads all its latest at one time is desperate.  Most do so gradually to give time to buying public for reaction to the products.

Just the facts.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #41   Oct 26, 2009 7:46 am
Hi Trebor:

I was particularly struck by Kenneth J who came on one of the previous vacuum Forums and stated his case as a gentleman and inventor.  No one from dyson, despite the insiders on the Forum, rebutted him. 

You have the value system exactly right: God religion and relationaship with both, friends and family and the people we influence in our lifes, then our work whatever it might be.  As you said, and I have too on many occasions here when the noveau riche brag of the millions and billions their heroes made, it's never about the money.

No one has the right to judge others "morally" as you said.  That is reserved for the one who was born and died without sin.  But I would wager $ that when Mr. d stands before his maker for his accounting he will be questioned about Kenneth J.  And he won't have his hot shot NYC lawyers in 3 piece suits with 3 names to sway.

Carmine D.

Trebor

Reply #42   Oct 26, 2009 9:02 am
Re: The effect of the housing market on vac sales. The unit sales of full size vacuums have exceed those of consumer automobiles and trucks for probably 20 years if not longer. People in all manner of dwellings, even apartments, need to vacuum. One might invest in better, or additional equipment as a result of a move, major remodel, or room addition, but there is no way to be sure how many of those sales would have occurred anyway. The one segment of the market that is definitely hit by the housing slump is central vacuums. Their growth in market share has certainly slowed, but they still are gaining ground. There is a market where the multi-cyclonic technology could flourish, for sure. Surprising that Sir James has no such product offerings, and none in the pipeline to which anyone has alluded.
DysonInventsBig

Reply #43   Oct 26, 2009 10:51 am
Severus wrote:
Dustmite (aka DIB) - so what tax increase are you responsible for?

Venson,
An old man playing the children's character Severus Snape?  Aren't you better off cruising another forum that best suits your needs?  Something with broadband video chat capabilities perhaps? At least I hope this forum is not catering to the freaky.  This site can easily go down in flames like 99% of vacuum forum sites.  Severus Snape should of been shut down some time ago.  I bring much value here (Google hits - no one here can touch my numbers).  I'm not ready to leave, but will.

DIB

UPDATE:

Here just one example:  Today’s logins - names and time stamps.

This message was modified Oct 26, 2009 by DysonInventsBig

Venson

Reply #44   Oct 26, 2009 11:47 am
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Venson,<BR>You're in the wrong forum (I hope)...  An old man playing the childrens character Severus Snape.... aren't you better off cruising another forum that best suits your needs?  Something with broadband video chat capabilities perhaps? At least I hope this forum is not catering to the freaky.  This site can easily go down in flames like 99% of vacuum forum sites.  Severus Snape should of been shut down some time ago.  I bring much value here (Google hits - no one here can touch my numbers).  I'm not ready to leave, but will.<BR><BR><BR>DIB

Your way off on that issue as usual DIB. So far off that you're still continue make own yourself ridiculous to the point of laughable. On the basis of that you expect people to take you seriously?

You're value has yet to be proven but you're a lucky so and so as it being, per your prior claim of association with those that who make billions, you've at least got friends with money. Thank God, you'll never miss lunch and there's a lot to be said for that these days.

As for my being "old" you're probably spot on, as regards time, but let me tell you it's nice to get old. There's lot's of folks who want to but won't. Better to be old with half a mind than young with none.

Like they say in France, "One monkey don't stop the show." This forum is a worthy and will endure with or without you.

Venson
DysonInventsBig

Reply #45   Oct 26, 2009 1:13 pm
Venson wrote:
Your way off on that issue as usual DIB. So far off that you're still continue make own yourself ridiculous to the point of laughable. On the basis of that you expect people to take you seriously?

You're value has yet to be proven but you're a lucky so and so as it being, per your prior claim of association with those that who make billions, you've at least got friends with money. Thank God, you'll never miss lunch and there's a lot to be said for that these days.

As for my being "old" you're probably spot on, as regards time, but let me tell you it's nice to get old. There's lot's of folks who want to but won't. Better to be old with half a mind than young with none.

Like they say in France, "One monkey don't stop the show." This forum is a worthy and will endure with or without you.

Venson

Venson,

I should mention, I've been watching you play Severus Snape here since you signed up this alter-ego role-play character in response to me joining the forum.  With this Abbys forum, I took a different approach after the jak-off's immediately attacked me and my pro-Dyson posts on the first forum.  I must say, I was not prepared. - Lesson learned.  I do more watching now and a lot less assuming (that people are generally good natured and honest).  If you had only resisted the temptation and waited 1 day to join up as Severus I would not have taken notice.  Check out your Severus join date, it came only as a response and only an hour or so after I signed up as DysonInventsBig.  You’re an idiot! - and an idiot with many friends who play along (here)!

DIB
This message was modified Oct 26, 2009 by DysonInventsBig

CarmineD

Reply #46   Oct 26, 2009 1:29 pm
Hello dyson DIB:

Did your uncle James tell you to depart here before you,

him and the company announce 2008 results and 2009 prospects? 

If so, and probably is, I'm not surprised.  Can't take the heat,

stay out of the vacuum biz.  Maybe bladeless fans will work?

Carmine D.

Venson

Reply #47   Oct 26, 2009 1:31 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Venson,<BR><BR>I should mention, I've been watching you play Severus Snape here since you signed up this alter-ego role-play character in response to me joining the forum.  With this Abbys forum, I took a different approach after the jak-off's immediately attacked me and my pro-Dyson posts on the first forum.-  I must say, I was not prepared; Lesson learned.  I do more watching now and a lot less assuming (that people are generally good natured and honest).  If you had only resisted the temptation and waited 1 day to join up as Severus I would not have taken notice.  Check out your Severus join date, it came only as a response and only an hour or so after I signed up as DysonInventsBig.  You’re an idiot! - and an idiot with many friends who play along (here)!<BR><BR><BR>DIB

I'm the idiot? You have already been informed by the persons managing this site that your allegations are totally untrue.

I suggest that you run, not walk, to get the help you're obviously in need of OR have a couple of gulps of anything bearing a high alcohol content. Please note that I do not in any way think that that will make you appreciate my points of view but it might calm you down a little so that you might rethink your approach. When I can't get people to share my point of view I don't see it as necessary to call them "jak-offs" just because I feel I have to be right. That's kind of nasty you know.

That said, I'll leave you to winning friends for Dyson in your own, special manic way.

Venson
Moderator Mike_W

"There is no BEST or PERFECT vacuum cleaner"

"Take care of your vacuum, then your vacuum will take care of you"

Reply #48   Oct 26, 2009 2:25 pm
You were to stay on topic.  This thread  will be locked for a while, so do not take this same stuff to another thread.

Mike W.
Replies: 39 - 48 of 48Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42