Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > dyson going bankrupt?

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
CarmineD

dyson going bankrupt?
Original Message   Sep 21, 2009 1:34 pm
Hello dyson DIB:

I heard a rumor today and figure the only way to confirm it is to run it by you.  The grapevine is saying dyson is going bankrupt soon?  Any truth to it?

Carmine D. 

This message was modified Sep 21, 2009 by CarmineD
Replies: 29 - 38 of 48Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Venson

Re: dyson going bankrupt?
Reply #29   Oct 24, 2009 1:57 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Venson,<BR><BR>Living in reality is not your forte.<BR><BR>I will say this...  Ideas that have come from those close to me have generated over $3b EASILY.  I do not take lessons from hunkering down store keepers or old men playing children’s characters.  Deceivers, bad-mouther's and the jealous like you two are in the way of real men who get things done.<BR><BR><BR>DIB<BR><BR>P.S.  If you want...  Have Mike W. write me privately and he and I can discuss your disgust. 

DIB,

Quoting Shakespeare, "You always ends with a jade's trick. I know you of old."

"Ideas that have come from those close to me have generated over $3b EASILY."

Give me a break already! I didn't ask what your friends do, did or have done. Thus, your greatest talent yet appears to be name calling and as usual you and your paranoid perceptions have again proven the point for me. By the way, I don't have to run to Mike W. or anyone to be defended. I can manage on my own well enough.

Venson
CarmineD

Reply #30   Oct 24, 2009 2:07 pm
Trebor wrote:
To be fair to James Dyson (don't faint DIB) Those two lawsuits were justified. The first was filed against Amway because they had paid 25K front money to James to study the plans, decided they were not interested in manufacturing,  andthen introduced their own version, confident their pockets were deeper and they would bankrupt James. The second was filed against Hoover UK for their 'Triple Vortex' cyclonic. They claimed they were using an old concept for separating sand from oil (Right. Anyone want to buy a bridge?)

Despite a stipulation from the judge barring Hoover UK from seeking the removal of a temporary injunction delaying their entry into bagless cyclonic vaccums, Hoover did so anyway.  The subterfuge shown by these two corpoate behemoths was obvious and just verdicts were rendered, one in the US against Amway, and one in the UK against Hoover. Unfortunately, James appears to have developed a taste for suing as a means of profit.  The 90 pound weakling bulks up at the gym and turns into the town bully, alas. His cause was just, but justice can be corrupted.

Trebor:

Let's give credit where it is due:  Dyson's New York City lawyers with 3 names and 3 piece suits.  The very same that prevailed against the poor young engineering student Kenneth J in its lawsuit over the student's ball facilitator.  The student's patent predated dyson's DC15 ball model by 9 years.  Lost on a technicality.  Kenneth J. got street justice instead of court justice.

The dyson lawsuits and money awards as well as their timing provided Sir James the seed money to accomplish what sales of dyson vacuums never could.  That's luck.  He'll need more of it.  Why?  I just received and email saying Capmark Financial Group, one of the nation's largest commercial-real-estate lenders, plans to file for bankruptcy as soon as this weekend, according to a person familiar with the matter.  How does that relate?  The housing and construction industry has a direct impact on new vacuum sales.  Less of the former results in less of the latter.  Maybe dyson should re-think its dealers' sales/service tactics?

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #31   Oct 24, 2009 2:10 pm
Venson wrote:
DIB,

Quoting Shakespeare, "You always ends with a jade's trick. I know you of old."

"Ideas that have come from those close to me have generated over $3b EASILY."

Give me a break already! I didn't ask what your friends do, did or have done. Thus, your greatest talent yet appears to be name calling and as usual you and your paranoid perceptions have again proven the point for me. By the way, I don't have to run to Mike W. or anyone to be defended. I can manage on my own well enough.

Venson

Dyson DIB:

Are you admitting finally that you are related to Sir James and he was kind enough to give you a job?

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #32   Oct 24, 2009 2:12 pm
HARDSELL wrote:
Venson,  you are beginning to act like Carmine.  What does DIB's accomplishments have to do with lawsuits?

Carmine shuffles the subject regularly to fight off the wolves.

You HARDSELL are making an awfully cute pay potty dance partner with DIB.  Did he promise you that his Uncle James would give you a job too?

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #33   Oct 24, 2009 5:03 pm
Venson wrote:
Hi Hardsell,

Quoting DIB comments from this same thread, here's why . . .

"By comparison...
Carmine has never posted his innovation numbers here. That being his - triangulating and pointing out where to drill a hole for the toggle switch on the Hoover Constellation.

Mole’s invented nothing.

Venson’s worthless.

Retardturtle, is looking to score points and make friends with vacuum dealers and then kick-back and watch the money roll in. Youth."

It being in past posts DIB has also called me a liar as to whether Severus and I were joined at the hip and, last but not least, labeled me worthless, I'd like an accounting of all he sees himself as. This is not my usual habit but one can tire of name calling and braying, even though I'm all for it if there's a good excuse. I so far have seen none here and just want a reality check to be sure I haven't missed out on something. That's why I'm asking.

Venson

You did not use those quotes on the post that I commented on.  Please remain you usual self and do not resort to Carmine's ways.

CarmineD

Reply #34   Oct 24, 2009 6:20 pm
HARDSELL wrote:
You did not use those quotes on the post that I commented on.  Please remain you usual self and do not resort to Carmine's ways.

HS:

Again, as usual you always miss the obvious.  Repetition is not because of me, but it's because of you!  We all know it takes you a few times and sometimes awhile for you to comprehend!  

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #35   Oct 24, 2009 9:42 pm
CarmineD wrote:
HS:

Again, as usual you always miss the obvious.  Repetition is not because of me, but it's because of you!  We all know it takes you a few times and sometimes awhile for you to comprehend!  

Carmine D.

You may have missed something Carmine.  Read again and try to keep quiet and try to  keep up.
Severus

If my vacuum can remove even one spec of dirt that yours misses, then mine is better than yours - even if there's no proof that mine would have picked up as much dirt as yours...

Reply #36   Oct 24, 2009 10:25 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Venson,

Living in reality is not your forte.

I will say this...  Ideas that have come from those close to me have generated over $3b EASILY.  I do not take lessons from hunkering down store keepers or old men playing children’s characters.  Deceivers, bad-mouther's and the jealous like you two are in the way of real men who get things done.

DIB

P.S.  If you want...  Have Mike W. write me privately and he and I can discuss your disgust. 

Dustmite (aka DIB) - so what tax increase are you responsible for?

The smart tyrant writes his own story to ensure that it is favorable.  The lazy will repeat lines from the book without fact checking. 
CarmineD

Reply #37   Oct 25, 2009 7:31 am
HARDSELL wrote:
You may have missed something Carmine.  Read again and try to keep quiet and try to  keep up.

HS:

See, there is your proof again.  You just never get it.  You miss the point again and again, just like you do with your vacuum choices.    You should stop your pay potty dancing with your friend here dyson DIB and try, as hard as it is for you [no pun intended HS] to stay up on the posts and subjects of the thread.  In this way, when you read here that dyson announces its plans to downsize/retrench, you won't post an ID 10 T question. 

Carmine D.

Trebor

Reply #38   Oct 26, 2009 1:00 am
I searched for Dyson lawsuits online.

I did find the one against Hoover UK, and the Amway one. I also found one against Miele where Dyson was taking them to task for claims that their vacuums did not lose suction.  In reviewing the book, "Against the Odds" there were a number of lawsuits by most major European vac mfrs, against Dyson simply to force Dyson to expend resources.  It's a common tactic in the corporate world, especially against promising startups , or 'upstarts' and the entrenched market giants would call them. Carmine you gave one example of patent lawsuit against an individual inventor. Can you give others? I think it petty of James Dyson to crush a student with a legitimate claim to originality. He did not extend the kind of treatment he thought was his due to his courtroom rival. I don't  think it would have taken a lot of pounds to satisfy the young man in question. Not every threat of a lawsuit actually is filed. I wonder what James would have done if his challenge of Miele's S7 adverts had not gone the way he wanted?

James Dyson once chided an interviewer for commenting on his millions with "vulgar, vulgar, vulgar...the one benefit of making a lot of money is that you can pour it back into making better products" He also said things worked best when management, production, and design all worked together in the same location, but that was obviously before he moved production to Malaysia.

I will take the liberty here to digress a moment and say a few words in Carmine's behalf, as he would never defend himself thus:  DIB, and whoever else is listening, it's not all about money. When we 'shuffle off this mortal coil', to quote the immortal bard, all our money and self-importance count for naught. The kind of service one has rendered to God, one's spouse, family, church, peers, colleagues and customers are the measure by which we are rightly judged by the only ONE who has the right to judge.  We all have feet of clay, including your hero James Dyson. The question is what do any of us do about it?  Pride goeth before a fall, but he who humbles himself shall be exhalted.

Peace,

Trebor
Replies: 29 - 38 of 48Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42