Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Dyson DC31 Handheld cleaner

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
M00seUK

Dyson DC31 Handheld cleaner
Original Message   Jun 25, 2009 10:06 am
In the press today:-
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-23711862-details/Dyson+with+more+revs+than+F1+racer/article.do

Product details:-

• Motor goes at 106,000rpm 'three times faster than any other motor'
  • 200 watt motor
  • 65/38 air watts (switchable power??)
  • £129.99 GBP RRP, powered brush version £149.99

I think the devil will be in the other details, as we learn them. Presumably it's using the Dyson Digital motor? From the photo, the collection bin looks slightly deeper and has a more prominent release switch. It has improved max suction (DC16 has 36 air watts) so I'm presuming (nay hoping) that it can run in standard mode for more than 5mins and switch to a 'turbo' mode as needed?

I have prefectly good DC16, but I could be tempted by something with a longer run time and twice the already impresive suction for car cleaning.

Replies: 19 - 28 of 340Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Model2

~ It Beats...as it Sweeps...as it Cleans ~

Re: Dyson DC31 Handheld cleaner
Reply #19   Jun 29, 2009 10:33 am
Venson wrote:
I guess I'm beginning to think like Carmine.

I'm very sorry - what did the doctors say?

~ However Clean - Hoover Cleaner ~
DysonInventsBig

Reply #20   Jun 29, 2009 10:36 am
Carmine/Venson,

You guys are funny!

Venson, your “To much science, not enough practicality” statement is side splitting.  What part of the Dyson “meet and greet”/intro to the DDM handheld do you find confusing/can’t get your head around (not practical enough for you)?

And Carmine is classic Carmine... that is, he never is or rarely is accurate of Dyson.  TTI’s so-called fade free lineup came ONLY AFTER Dyson’s fade free DC16.  Dyson DC16 needs fast steady airflow, TTI's handheld has no mechanical benefits to being "fade-free".  TTI used the fade-free marketing hype/no mechanical benefit handheld only so to enter Dyson's preimum priced handheld segment.

DIB
This message was modified Jun 29, 2009 by DysonInventsBig

DysonInventsBig

Reply #21   Jun 29, 2009 10:39 am
Model2,

You went to the intro?...  very cool.  For a collector/historian meeting/watching Dyson demo history/their inventions IS HUGE...  a once in a hundred years or so opportunity.  

I’m going out of town and like to hear more later.  If you have anything else to share then please do.  I’d like to view the entire presentation if possible.

Thank you for the upload, etc!!!

DIB
This message was modified Jun 29, 2009 by DysonInventsBig

Venson

Reply #22   Jun 29, 2009 10:58 am
Model2 wrote:
I'm very sorry - what did the doctors say?

I'm going to live, darn it!

Venson
Venson

Reply #23   Jun 29, 2009 11:08 am
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Carmine/Venson,<BR><BR>You guys are funny!<BR><BR>Venson, your “To much science, not enough practicality” statement is side splitting.  What part of the Dyson “meet and greet”/intro to the DDM handheld do you find confusing/can’t get your head around (not practical enough for you)? <BR><BR>And Carmine...  is classic Carmine.<BR><BR><BR>DIB<br type="_moz"/>

DIB,

I not the least bit confused. The issue to me is having a simple machine to handle simple jobs. However, here we have all this wonderful -- and expensive -- technology just to get donut crumbs out of my car.

As I said, my little ten dollar tub will do just fine. Should it fail, I'll roll the car around to the house and run a dord out. (Done it before.) AND gas plus juice included for the task, I'll come out cheaper.

Venson
mole

Reply #24   Jun 29, 2009 11:27 am
Model2 wrote:
There was no smoke-and-mirrors "demo" of the product. All in attendance - media reps, journalists, etc. were gifted DC31s, allowing them to try the product out in their own home environment, and subject it to any task or performance test they should wish to.

Whens the OPRAH segment coming?

Are they throwing in the hand vac to compliment  the dc28 giveaway?

Whens Sir James going on top gear???????

regards

MOLE

DysonInventsBig

Reply #25   Jun 29, 2009 11:38 am
mole wrote:
Whens the OPRAH segment coming?

Are they throwing in the hand vac to compliment  the dc28 giveaway?

Whens Sir James going on top gear???????

regards

MOLE

He already has, of sorts...  about a year or so ago, Jeremy Clarkson demo’d the Porsche Carrera and talked of it’s clean emissions and said “It’s like a Dyson”.  Dyson like no others, enjoys much free press.

DIB

DysonInventsBig

Reply #26   Jun 29, 2009 12:05 pm
Venson wrote:
DIB,

I not the least bit confused. The issue to me is having a simple machine to handle simple jobs. However, here we have all this wonderful -- and expensive -- technology just to get donut crumbs out of my car.

As I said, my little ten dollar tub will do just fine. Should it fail, I'll roll the car around to the house and run a dord out. (Done it before.) AND gas plus juice included for the task, I'll come out cheaper.

Venson

Venson,

There is money to be made and new ground to break.  Dyson achieves this with this tiny DDM invention and product.  The upside of being a private company... no one other than its owner controls what direction it takes or products they should pursue.  Dyson believes (seen the DC16 sales evidence?) he will sell 1,000,000 units.

DIB

Venson

Reply #27   Jun 29, 2009 12:42 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Venson,<BR><BR>There is money to be made and new ground to break.  Dyson achieves this with this tiny DDM invention and product.  The upside of being a private company... no one other than its owner controls what direction it takes or products they should pursue.  Dyson believes (seen the DC16 sales evidence?) he will sell 1,000,000 units. <BR><BR>DIB

Point well taken DIB but I'm not worried over who breaks new ground with a hand vacuum cleaner. We still have AIDS, cancer and the common cold to cure along with an economy also badly in need of a doctor. Being generous, even if bonafide proof is made public that he managed to unload 100,000 of these doo-hickeys I'll be surprised.

Venson
CarmineD

Reply #28   Jun 29, 2009 1:47 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:

And Carmine is classic Carmine...
DIB

Hello DIB:

Thank you kindly for the gracious compliment.  I knew if I lived long enough I would be a classic.

Carmine D.

Replies: 19 - 28 of 340Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42