Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Just Wanted to introduce myself

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
camelotshadow

Just Wanted to introduce myself
Original Message   Mar 18, 2008 11:25 pm
I'm really getting bit by the vac bug lately!

I have a Hoover Mach 4.7 Windtunnel

Found it in the trash.

Boy it was a mess but think I finally got it clean

I hate to thjink what it ate

It really sucks but it moves like a bear

Its hepa fills w white powder & its a mess to shake it out

Endless white powder...

My main & all time fav is the electrolux cannister.

Guess I grew up with them

Grandma & my Mom had them

I even had one of them real old tanks once

Sorry I let it go

But I currently have 3

Olympia think its going on the e place

A deluxe silverado

a 2100

They don't pick up the fine stuff

guess I would need to buy the microlined bags

but are great for sucking up birdseed

My new fav is a old Royal 886 6 Amp

I love the all metal design

Built like a tank & easy to use it almsot vacs itself

Thing is it doesn't suck as well or groom the nap as well as the Hoover w a clean filter

It could need a roller?

I think the hoover does too

Make an annoying bearing noise...

So the rainbow came in & really got the carpets clean as I have sprayed them

It was worth iot even for a few cleans as the poor thing came all busted

But I can't see how it holds itself together with the tape & contact cement I used...

So now I am lusting over Filter Queen & Kirby

I think the FQ cannister is best for me

but I am wondering how the new Kirby G series will comapre to the suction of my Royal.

Well, thanks for a great forum.

Not really part of my collection

but also grabbed from trash

I use them for the garage & things

Kenmore Progressive Hepa

Hoover Convertible think its a 97...

Dirt devil wierd upright 12 A with a cone hepa filter & a pint bagless system. Thing is useless & its clean I checked it but it just makes noise. Misses so many things...its useless & only barely good for barefloors which I think it was designed for

Its going back in the trash

This message was modified Mar 20, 2008 by camelotshadow
Replies: 14 - 23 of 23Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
CarmineD

Re: Just Wanted to introduce myself
Reply #14   Mar 19, 2008 7:26 pm
Just wrote:
You are joking--aren't you???

Kirby is under the Scott Fetzer umbrella.  World Book, Douglass/Quick Cut and Campbell Hausfeld should have been a tip off. 

Me thinks you are joking.  I bet he doesn't even like cookies.

Just:

Mole is telling the truth.  Buffett owns Kirby 100%.  His favorite food is a Big Mac, fries and a coke.  Of course, he owns considerable shares in McDonalds and Coca Cola.

Carmine D.

camelotshadow

Reply #15   Mar 19, 2008 7:38 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Just:

Mole is telling the truth.  Buffett owns Kirby 100%.  His favorite food is a Big Mac, fries and a coke.  Of course, he owns considerable shares in McDonalds and Coca Cola.

Carmine D.

Me thinks Buffett  was named after buffet or maybe it was the other way round as it seems lthat he really likes to eat.

Maybe he bought the Kirby Keebler factory as the elves are magically delicious..

Did I mention I now own 2 Silverado's.

The PN5 was stock? When did the PN5 Omni flow come out...seem to see few PN with the silverado but they get mismatched over the years.

I just bought another Silverado as mine didn;t have a PN & the vac looked better than mine...Oh well, now I am officially CRAZY!

What were the better PN...PN4 or PN5? The 2100 comes with the L PN6B. What I don;t like about the PN4 is that it leaves lines

This message was modified Mar 19, 2008 by camelotshadow
HARDSELL

Reply #16   Mar 19, 2008 8:25 pm
mole wrote:
H.S.  You tell a nice long story,Did you take lessons from Carmine.

I am somewhat of a b.s hitter myself,but always take the time out to listen to a real professional..............

MOLE

1. A professional is one who is engaged in a profession to earn a living (as sales).  2.Being intelligent or honest is not always a requirement to be a pro.

Therefore, one should be cautious of a pro who is touting what he sells  Be very cautious as many pros fall into category 2.

Of course this is no reflection on you Mole.  Just curious.  How do you fell about pro car salesmen?

Just

Reply #17   Mar 20, 2008 9:06 am
CarmineD wrote:
Just:

Carmine D.

Oh I knew that as a fact.  What I thought he was joking about was that he though he was buying Keebler.  Surely a man of his ranking knew what he was doing, as he didn't only buy Kirby he bought Scott Fetzer.
Just

Reply #18   Mar 20, 2008 9:11 am
HARDSELL wrote:
  How do you fell about pro car salesmen?

I hate them. 

I have bought my last two cars from a buying service (no not a broker--they are illegal in Ks.)   I tell her what I want and she negotiates everything.  I just walk in sign the papers and pick up the keys.  I spent exactally 15 minutes in the dealership my last purchase.    This is opposed to when my mother bought her van and we spent nearly four days trying to get through their tricks. 

If someone (car or vacuum dealer) wants to sell their product, they should begin by listening to their customer and trying to make them happy.  It is unfortunate that so many these days only listen to the sales manager and the checking account. 

This message was modified Mar 20, 2008 by Just
CarmineD

Reply #19   Mar 20, 2008 9:13 am
Just wrote:
Oh I knew that as a fact.  What I thought he was joking about was that he though he was buying Keebler.  Surely a man of his ranking knew what he was doing, as he didn't only buy Kirby he bought Scott Fetzer.

Buffett owns Diary Queen too, so I supect he does have a bit of a sweet tooth.

Carmine D.

mole

Reply #20   Mar 20, 2008 9:23 am
Good Day,H.S.

I think j.p.t. just answered your question for me,I pretty much feel the same way about dealers,I pretty much know what im looking for when car shopping, If i feel comfortable with the salesman and dealership, i'll plunk down the money.I think most of the public by now realizes when their getting (portion deleted by moderator).

I also like dealing with people that know what their talking about, would you have ray barton build you a hemi,or some back yard part time local that just takes your money and then does nothing but B.S.  you.

I can read people pretty good ,just from dealing with lots of them,How about you?

MOLE

This message was modified Mar 20, 2008 by a moderator
Just

Reply #21   Mar 20, 2008 10:55 am
mole wrote:

I can read people pretty good ,just from dealing with lots of them,How about you?

MOLE

I am usually pretty good reading a person as well.  I spent 16 years as a loan officer and debt collector (both first party and third party).  I have heard just about all.  and yes you can get blood out of a turnip--I've done it.

HARDSELL

Reply #22   Mar 20, 2008 10:01 pm
Just wrote:
I hate them. 

I have bought my last two cars from a buying service (no not a broker--they are illegal in Ks.)   I tell her what I want and she negotiates everything.  I just walk in sign the papers and pick up the keys.  I spent exactally 15 minutes in the dealership my last purchase.    This is opposed to when my mother bought her van and we spent nearly four days trying to get through their tricks. 

If someone (car or vacuum dealer) wants to sell their product, they should begin by listening to their customer and trying to make them happy.  It is unfortunate that so many these days only listen to the sales manager and the checking account. 

It does not matter how much they listen if they do not have what the customer wants.  Do you think a Chevy dealer will send you to a Ford dealer or will he try to tell you that Chevy is better regardless of what you want in a car.
HARDSELL

Reply #23   Mar 20, 2008 10:03 pm
Just wrote:
I am usually pretty good reading a person as well.  I spent 16 years as a loan officer and debt collector (both first party and third party).  I have heard just about all.  and yes you can get blood out of a turnip--I've done it.

All of those loan companies and credit card companies are so honest.  It is shameful that you heard so many stories from all those persons that were raped by the honest loan companies.
Replies: 14 - 23 of 23Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42