Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Honda HS928WA or HS928TA ?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
lseap107

Honda HS928WA or HS928TA ?
Original Message   Jan 9, 2011 9:57 am
I am considering replacing my Ariens 926 snowblower with possilby a Honda.  I want a better motor and something that is going to tackle the plowed driveway a little better.  I think if I could get a Subaru motor on a larger size Ariens, I would still consider one but they only offer it on the smaller compact model.  Anyway, I can't make up my mind on a tracked model or wheeled model honda.  I live in Wisconsin and have a 3 car wide driveway and sidewalk to do.  Will the tracked unit clear down to the cement or do I have to shovel the little bit it leaves behind after blowing?  Also, would I be able to turn 180 degrees when I get to the end of my sidewalk with the tracked unit or would I have to make my turn in the driveway because I may need more room to make a turn on about a 4 foot wide sidewalk?  Probably still have to do that with a wheeled unit anyway.  I've head a few people state that the tracked unit moves a little easier when you have a little bit of snow under the track but since I have a concrete drive, I may not have that little bit extra to easy the turn.  I really would like to try one out but most all of the dealers around here don't stock the two stage only the single stage.  I would assume because of price and low sales on the larger units.  I saw a used HS1230TA from about 2004 for $2500 but feel that might be too big.  It looks like new and only has about 4 hours of use.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

John 

Replies: 48 - 57 of 62Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
kderobertis

Re: Honda HS928WA or HS928TA ?
Reply #48   Jan 10, 2011 8:06 pm
MN_Runner wrote:

lseap107

What is the name of the Honda dealer that carries 11 HS1132TAS. It must be a very big store, is it in New York? Can you give us the name of the store where you ordered your HS928TAS?

It may be Harbor PowerHouse

http://www.harborpowerhouse.com/

This message was modified Jan 10, 2011 by kderobertis

Ken

rubinew

Reply #49   Jan 10, 2011 9:27 pm
Steve_Cebu wrote:
I think many people who are buying a tracked snowblower don't really need it. Oh for certain some do, but most just get it for the coolness factor, I myself thought I needed tracks but I didn't. You on the other hand have a whole nother problem with that drifting snow that fills in your driveway and the tracks will be a big help in grinding into the big snowbanks that you get. Lower that puppy to chew pavement and it will crawl along as nice as can be. The hydrostatic tranny can creep as slow as you need to go so less chance of it riding up.

Yes, I would be nice. just got a call from the Yamaha Dealer in Regina, He can not get the 928 until mid February.

Now, THE GOOD News, there is one in Saskatoon, about a 2 hour drive from here. So I am working on a deal to get this one, it is the last 928 in the Province!!! I hope it works out!

Steve_Cebu

Reply #50   Jan 10, 2011 9:40 pm
njal wrote:
Never had that happen and it gets ugly hot here in the summer..

I'll have to take a peek in my tank this summer.

I just don't like the new fuel as of late.

Years ago I would put my lawn mower away at the end of fall and never worried about,

untill the new fuel came out .Then all kinds of crazy things happened to my blowers and mowers.

The thing is it gets hot & cold here and everything sweats this new crap gas is 10% ethanol and that draws in moisture. The stabil helps as it's an enzyme. I am really going to worry when they finally pass that stupid 15% ethanol requirement. Thank you Kalifornia.

I will probably buy a diesel if I have to deal with 15% ethanol. So far they can't cut that with alcohol.... yet.

I can imagine the damage 15% Ethanol will do to our snowblowers.

"If you have more miles on your snow blower than your car, you live in New England."  "If you can drive 75 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard without flinching, you live in New England."
Steve_Cebu

Reply #51   Jan 10, 2011 9:44 pm
rubinew wrote:
Yes, I would be nice. just got a call from the Yamaha Dealer in Regina, He can not get the 928 until mid February.

Now, THE GOOD News, there is one in Saskatoon, about a 2 hour drive from here. So I am working on a deal to get this one, it is the last 928 in the Province!!! I hope it works out!

2 hours is nothing! Heck we have to drive 2 hours just to find something to do around here other than throw rocks at trees.

I'd go for it just make sure it's not been used. Promises for a February delivery is like promises from a politician about not raising taxes.....

"If you have more miles on your snow blower than your car, you live in New England."  "If you can drive 75 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard without flinching, you live in New England."
MN_Runner

Reply #52   Jan 10, 2011 10:00 pm
If I lived within 2 hours from you, I would help you with the drive just to take a peak at your BLUE.
rubinew

Reply #53   Jan 10, 2011 10:17 pm
MN_Runner wrote:
If I lived within 2 hours from you, I would help you with the drive just to take a peak at your BLUE.

You have a truck with ramps  Come on Down, your the next contestant on 'help Ed Pick up a Yamaha!!!'

That is my next little hickup! The Local Dealer would deliver, this dealer is looking into it, but it won't be free.

I am going to have to make some calls tomorrow, see if I can wrangle a friend into going for a drive. My Shop Van won't have room for this 370lb beast! Plus I'll need some ramps!

MN_Runner

Reply #54   Jan 10, 2011 10:29 pm
I was able to fit my Honda 928WAS in the back of my 2005 Honda Odyssey.  The dealer helped me to get it loaded into the minivan then my wife and I unloaded when I got home. It is only 210 LB.  My wife and I barely weigh over 250 LB combined so this was not an easy task. 
aa335

Reply #55   Jan 11, 2011 12:51 am
FrankMA wrote:
I always leave my tank full with fresh fuel that has either a good dose of Seafoam or Stabile to last throughout the long summer or winter months. I've not had any problems in the 25 -30 years I've been doing this so I guess it works. I think I'd be concerned about oxidation in the fuel lines and carb if I drained them completely dry - but who knows....

I can't remember from the user manual or from a forum that leaving full tank of gas for storage is recommended to keep the metal gas tank from rusting.  I store it with full tank of gas.  I drain the carb bowl, of course.
Underdog

Reply #56   Jan 11, 2011 9:07 am
rubinew wrote:
 Van won't have room for this 370lb beast! Plus I'll need some ramps!

I tacked together some 2x4's to load a Yamaha YS828 in the back of a Toyota RAV.  The tracks walked themselves into the back and I didn't need to remove a thing. It rolled out just as easily (gravity is your friend).

lseap107

Reply #57   Jan 11, 2011 9:12 am
Yes, it was Harbor Powerhouse in Benton Harbor Michigan 877-837-2468.  I found Gary to be knowledgeable, honest and appreciative of my buisness.  He treats his internet customers with as much aprreciation as his walk in customers.  Sounded like he still had one 928 left and about 12 of the 1132's in stock.  He will ship also. 
Replies: 48 - 57 of 62Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42