Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Honda HS928WA or HS928TA ?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
lseap107

Honda HS928WA or HS928TA ?
Original Message   Jan 9, 2011 9:57 am
I am considering replacing my Ariens 926 snowblower with possilby a Honda.  I want a better motor and something that is going to tackle the plowed driveway a little better.  I think if I could get a Subaru motor on a larger size Ariens, I would still consider one but they only offer it on the smaller compact model.  Anyway, I can't make up my mind on a tracked model or wheeled model honda.  I live in Wisconsin and have a 3 car wide driveway and sidewalk to do.  Will the tracked unit clear down to the cement or do I have to shovel the little bit it leaves behind after blowing?  Also, would I be able to turn 180 degrees when I get to the end of my sidewalk with the tracked unit or would I have to make my turn in the driveway because I may need more room to make a turn on about a 4 foot wide sidewalk?  Probably still have to do that with a wheeled unit anyway.  I've head a few people state that the tracked unit moves a little easier when you have a little bit of snow under the track but since I have a concrete drive, I may not have that little bit extra to easy the turn.  I really would like to try one out but most all of the dealers around here don't stock the two stage only the single stage.  I would assume because of price and low sales on the larger units.  I saw a used HS1230TA from about 2004 for $2500 but feel that might be too big.  It looks like new and only has about 4 hours of use.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

John 

Replies: 1 - 62 of 62View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 62 of 62View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42