Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Trebor

Oreck site
Original Message   Aug 16, 2010 12:59 pm
Notice the absence of the Dutch Tech canisters? The presence of the Edge, which was supposed to have been an dealer exclusive? So much for integrity. Oreck dealers fared betetr when Dave was at the helm.
Replies: 52 - 61 of 68Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
HARDSELL

Re: Oreck site
Reply #52   Apr 1, 2011 8:20 am
CarmineD wrote:
The most recent solo sale by ORECK for the XL Deluxe upright for $199 with free shipping and bags included.  Either through ORECK direcvt or from a local ORECK store subject to availablity.  As I posted here recently.

Carmine D.

Loyalty has its perks. Just $199.99 for an Oreck XL Deluxe! View with images

Just $199 for an Oreck XL Deluxe Upright

+ 2 free gifts and free shipping

Hurry! Offer ends 5/15/11.

Your super-secret sale includes:
An Oreck XL Deluxe Upright, just $199.99
PLUS
A free Crystal Aroma II Carpet and Room Freshener, valued at $12.99
A free 8-pack of filter bags, valued at $24.99
Free shipping

Call 1-800-213-0383 or Click to Order.

The sender of this email is Oreck Holdings, LLC, 565 Marriot Drive, Suite 300, Nashville, TN 37214.

© 2011 Oreck Holdings, LLC. All rights reserved. All word marks, logos, product configurations, and registered trademarks are owned and used under the authority of Oreck Holdings, LLC. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See participating stores for details.

At Oreck, we don't want to send you any unwanted email. If you'd like to be removed from our mailing list, please unsubscribe.
FB609

Why no free hand held with this sale price.  The truth is that "FREE" is expensive with an Oreck.  And to think that Dyson was criticized for deceptive claims.
CarmineD

Reply #53   Apr 1, 2011 8:35 am
HARDSELL wrote:
Why no free hand held with this sale price.  The truth is that "FREE" is expensive with an Oreck.  And to think that Dyson was criticized for deceptive claims.

Since we are on a "truth" path, dyson was "ordered" to cease and desist with its untrue product claims else risk legal and monetary consequences.  Dyson corrected its untrue ways.  It saw the light.

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #54   Apr 1, 2011 9:16 am
CarmineD wrote:

Since we are on a "truth" path, dyson was "ordered" to cease and desist with its untrue product claims else risk legal and monetary consequences.  Dyson corrected its untrue ways.  It saw the light.

Carmine D.
I did not expect you to address the false claim by Oreck.  "Truth" seems to be absent from your vocabulary.

CarmineD

Reply #55   Apr 1, 2011 12:59 pm
HARDSELL wrote:

Carmine D.
I did not expect you to address the false claim by Oreck.  "Truth" seems to be absent from your vocabulary.

The ORECK ad speaks for itself.  if you can't read/comprehend then that's your problem.  Don't blame ORECK and others for your own misgivings and shortcomings.  I bought 4 new XL uprights at $150-$199 on different occasions.  All of these purchases came with one year warranty, no headlight, and I had to pay for extra bags and the shipping.  $199 XL deluxe with headlight, ergonomic handle, HEPA bag, with free pack of bags, free shipping, free fragrance, one free tune up and 3 year warranty beats the ORECK deals I got on mine.  But don't take my word for it.  No.  Use your own judgment, if you have it and trust it.  Do your homework and buy what you want.  Since you tried the free ORECK in home trial on 2 seperate occasions, got and kept the free gifts with, but declined the vacuum both times, it took awhile and several times to decide for sure.  Bad judgment??  First time?  Second time?  Maybe that's the truth.    Does the truth hurt?  Blame yourself.  Not the truth and me.

Carmine D.

Moderator Mike_W

"There is no BEST or PERFECT vacuum cleaner"

"Take care of your vacuum, then your vacuum will take care of you"

Reply #56   Apr 1, 2011 3:19 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Your argument is flawed on its face because you have no idea of the amount associated with the purchase of halo by ORECK.  Obviously, ORECK felt it was in their best business interests to buy the UV-C technolgy in the form of the halo product and sell off the existing inventory while holding the rights to the UV-C technlogy at least for a set period of time certain.

Carmine D.

I have a good idea of what it takes to bring something to market.  There is alot  involved.  A good company is not going to market a vacuum cleaner, just to watch it "fade away".  That is very stupid business sense.  I gave an option, in a in a previous post, how ORECK could get that technology.  Well, we could just say that ORECK  get Chinese slave-labor to make the machine, put "oreck" on it, and charge a very high price for the new ORECK Halo.  Remember, when it was brought out, its price tag was higher than the original company's price tag.  What does that tell you about ORECK?

ORECK has nothing to do w/the previous Halo.  After they acquired the rights, they changed different aspects of the machine.  They did not just take the previous and slap their name on it. 

CarmineD wrote:
I'm not going to re-quote your post.  It's long winded.  I'll just make a few points:  You gave the halo 4 out of 5 stars.  That speaks for itself.  ORECK bought the rights because it was a competitor.  It was a smart move by ORECK.  Marketing it and selling was not ORECK's reason.  ORECK never even pushed the halo.  Just watched it fade away.  What about the sales commissions on halo?  How did you miss that one?  Rather important fact IMHO. 

Carmine D.

Moderator Mike_W

Reply #57   Apr 1, 2011 3:34 pm
HARDSELL wrote:
Why no free hand held with this sale price.  The truth is that "FREE" is expensive with an Oreck. 

This is the same thing talked about earlier.  ORECK marketed their upright w/ free canister, that really is not FREE.  They have done this for years.  Other "8lbs." uprights sold alone. For the past several years, ORECK has started following others by offering the separate purchase option, like other brands.

Using Carmine's thinking-"COPYING"
Moderator Mike_W

Reply #58   Apr 1, 2011 3:43 pm
CarmineD wrote:
The most recent solo sale by ORECK for the XL Deluxe upright for $199 with free shipping and bags included.  Either through ORECK direcvt or from a local ORECK store subject to availablity.  As I posted here recently.

Carmine D.

Loyalty has its perks. Just $199.99 for an Oreck XL Deluxe! View with images

Just $199 for an Oreck XL Deluxe Upright

+ 2 free gifts and free shipping

Hurry! Offer ends 5/15/11.

Your super-secret sale includes:
An Oreck XL Deluxe Upright, just $199.99
PLUS
A free Crystal Aroma II Carpet and Room Freshener, valued at $12.99
A free 8-pack of filter bags, valued at $24.99
Free shipping

Call 1-800-213-0383 or Click to Order.

The sender of this email is Oreck Holdings, LLC, 565 Marriot Drive, Suite 300, Nashville, TN 37214.

© 2011 Oreck Holdings, LLC. All rights reserved. All word marks, logos, product configurations, and registered trademarks are owned and used under the authority of Oreck Holdings, LLC. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See participating stores for details.

At Oreck, we don't want to send you any unwanted email. If you'd like to be removed from our mailing list, please unsubscribe.
FB609
I do not know how this is such a great deal, when the whole public does not know about it..  ORECK sends info about sale of their vacuum cleaners to people who already purchased one.  I guess I would also, it I noticed someone who purchased more than two.

I should tell people that they could have gone to Big Lots last week, to purchase a factory refurb XL(w/same headlight) for the price of $99.00

Addition:

Just checked the ORECK website and see that they are offering the present BOL upright alone for $199.00  The offer from Carmine's email offer is a previous model.
This message was modified Apr 1, 2011 by Mike_W
CarmineD

Reply #59   Apr 1, 2011 4:37 pm
Mike_W wrote:
ORECK has nothing to do w/the previous Halo.  After they acquired the rights, they changed different aspects of the machine.  They did not just take the previous and slap their name on it. 

You're absolutely right.  ORECK made several very nice improvements to the old halo and marketed it under its own name.  Actually, when you put the two side by side, there is a resemblance but the ORECK halo was a vast improvement.  I pointed out here that the ORECK halo would have the same hindrances as the original halo and we would have to see what ORECK could do with it.  Never amde predictions except have yo wait and see.  At a minimum, I can say, the ORECK halo lasted much longer on the market than the original halo under Ken Garcia and ORECK still retains the rights to the halo UV-C technology.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #60   Apr 1, 2011 4:38 pm
Mike_W wrote:
Why no free hand held with this sale price.  The truth is that "FREE" is expensive with an Oreck. 

This is the same thing talked about earlier.  ORECK marketed their upright w/ free canister, that really is not FREE.  They have done this for years.  Other "8lbs." uprights sold alone. For the past several years, ORECK has started following others by offering the separate purchase option, like other brands.

Using Carmine's thinking-"COPYING"

Yes, but not to my way of thinking but from the industry's and for as long as I can remember.  Vacuum makers copy each other for as long as vacuums have been made and marketed around the world.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #61   Apr 1, 2011 4:42 pm
Mike_W wrote:
I do not know how this is such a great deal, when the whole public does not know about it..  ORECK sends info about sale of their vacuum cleaners to people who already purchased one.  I guess I would also, it I noticed someone who purchased more than two.

I should tell people that they could have gone to Big Lots last week, to purchase a factory refurb XL(w/same headlight) for the price of $99.00

Addition:

Just checked the ORECK website and see that they are offering the present BOL upright alone for $199.00  The offer from Carmine's email offer is a previous model.

Just making the point that I posted saying ORECK sells the upright solo with no side kick.  Not just as a duo with the compact canister.  Not saying it is or is not a good buy.  But beats my previous purchases.  It's not for all.  But for those interested with/w-o the iside kick, ORECK does both for marketing and sales.  One or both.  Smart marketing and improved sales for ORECK over the past 3 down years for vacuum sales.

Carmine D.

Replies: 52 - 61 of 68Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42