Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Trebor

Oreck site
Original Message   Aug 16, 2010 12:59 pm
Notice the absence of the Dutch Tech canisters? The presence of the Edge, which was supposed to have been an dealer exclusive? So much for integrity. Oreck dealers fared betetr when Dave was at the helm.
Replies: 37 - 46 of 68Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Moderator Mike_W

"There is no BEST or PERFECT vacuum cleaner"

"Take care of your vacuum, then your vacuum will take care of you"

Re: Oreck site
Reply #37   Mar 28, 2011 1:42 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hello Trebor:

Apparently, if all goes right, MIELE's canister with ORECK name will replace the Dutch Tech cann as the high end model in the ORECK line up.  With the panasonic made in China Quest to round out the bagged ORECK canisters.  These pano made canns have been around for awhile under the HOOVER and EUREKA names and for considerably less prices than the ORECK Quest.  The customary ORECK compacts [part of the duo team pairing with the lightweight uprights], will still be an integral part and mainstay of the ORECK venue.

Dave is taking a back seat now in operations likely due to his age and younger family members who have vested personal and professional interests in the business. 

Carmine D.

You say Panasonic made them under HOOVER  and Eueka, then which models are they?  I will use a quote you used on HARDSELL, "Once again not correct [as usual]". The company that makes "A" HOOVER,  also makes this new ORECK, but not this model/design.  I would like to know what Eureka models are made by this company. 

ORECK sources from different companies and not just one.
CarmineD

Reply #38   Mar 28, 2011 2:59 pm
Mike_W wrote:
You say Panasonic made them under HOOVER  and Eueka, then which models are they?  I will use a quote you used on HARDSELL, "Once again not correct [as usual]". The company that makes "A" HOOVER,  also makes this new ORECK, but not this model/design.  I would like to know what Eureka models are made by this company. 

ORECK sources from different companies and not just one.

I suspect you are trying to make a point. Rather than just trying I suggest you say what you know to be a fact so we can all be enlightened.  That is after all one of your reasons for monitoring our posts here is it not.  I'm only to happy to admit a mistake if I'm wrong.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Mar 28, 2011 by CarmineD
Moderator Mike_W

Reply #39   Mar 29, 2011 2:58 am
CarmineD wrote:
I suspect you are trying to make a point. Rather than just trying I suggest you say what you know to be a fact so we can all be enlightened.  That is after all one of your reasons for monitoring our posts here is it not.  I'm only to happy to admit a mistake if I'm wrong.

Carmine D.

Yes, I am trying to get you to answer questions and not give us nonsense.  
CarmineD

Reply #40   Mar 29, 2011 7:07 am
Mike_W wrote:
Yes, I am trying to get you to answer questions and not give us nonsense.  

Same old same old from you. 

Carmine D.

vacmanuk

Reply #41   Mar 29, 2011 9:43 am
CarmineD wrote:
Same old same old from you. 

Carmine D.

I suspect Carmine, that you're trying to gloss over the fact that whoever makes whoever's machines, Oreck is going to shine superior regardless. End of the day, Oreck can only survive on their hand held portable canisters - ones that they probably produce themselves. If they're a small company then I can see why they would go with other mass brands to make portable pull along wheeled canister vacuums. Whether or not they are made in China has nothing to do with perceived quality - Miele's S4 vacuums can attest to that.
This message was modified Mar 29, 2011 by vacmanuk
CarmineD

Reply #42   Mar 29, 2011 12:56 pm
vacmanuk wrote:
I suspect Carmine, that you're trying to gloss over the fact that whoever makes whoever's machines, Oreck is going to shine superior regardless. End of the day, Oreck can only survive on their hand held portable canisters - ones that they probably produce themselves. If they're a small company then I can see why they would go with other mass brands to make portable pull along wheeled canister vacuums. Whether or not they are made in China has nothing to do with perceived quality - Miele's S4 vacuums can attest to that.

No vacmanuk, not at all about holdin ORECK over others. I said for $499 a China made canister [cylinder] as is the Quest even with the ORECK name and backing is not worth the money.  The straight suction model is $299 which as I said is the only model right now available in my area.  Pano, EUREKA, HOOVER and others make the same/similar models as the straight suction Quest under their names at a fraction of the $299 price.  With components like hose and wands and attachments that are same same as the Quest.  Even motor specs and features like the cordwinder.  At that price [$499} I would prefer/buy a USA made/German made cann.  I have also said before here many times that a MIELE made cann in China should not be the same price as a German made MIELE and if so I would pass it up.  Not worth the same $.  That's me, others like you and Mike W. and his fondness for high priced panosonics are entitled to spend your money as you wish.  Mike W. once here called the halo, a China made $499 upright with one year warranty, a good performer despite its high price and weak warranty.  I posted here that retailers' sales people carrying the halo were getting commissions to push it: $50-$100 per sale.  It went belly up in short order and Nick Garcia [halo founder] sold the rights to ORECK after other vacuum makers turned him down.  Mike W. called that one wrong unless of course he was getting commissions on the halo sales.  Don't know for sure just my opinion and observation.  He never mentioned it here.  It's an important sales point and so I did.  Maybe he didn't know.  Give him the benefit of the doubt. And not say he was not up front. 

Carmine D. 

I would add as discussion too that perhaps the S4 is being made in China for MIELE because MIELE plans to scrub the line eventually.  Again, just for discussion as is the subject tab on this site and thread the last I saw/read.  Not as fact unless it turns out to be the case.  And it may.  hard to verify right now.  I don't know it as a fact yet BUT offer as opinion FOR DISCUSSION and it may at some future time become fact and then I'll post it so.

This message was modified Mar 29, 2011 by CarmineD
vacmanuk

Reply #43   Mar 30, 2011 8:58 pm
Yes but how does the vacuum perform?

For your info, Miele's original S4 models were made both in China and Germany. It had nothing to do with the model being taken out of production.
This message was modified Mar 30, 2011 by vacmanuk
CarmineD

Reply #44   Mar 30, 2011 10:32 pm
vacmanuk wrote:
Yes but how does the vacuum perform?

For your info, Miele's original S4 models were made both in China and Germany. It had nothing to do with the model being taken out of production.

I didn't say it did.  I offered it up for discussion.  What I said MANY TIMES HERE is a China made MIELE is not worth the same price as a German made MIELE. 

In addition to performance you have to factor in quality and labor costs.  In my way of thinking China made quality is not on parity with German and the labor costs in China [slave wages without the guilt] are not either.   

Carmine D.

Moderator Mike_W

Reply #45   Mar 31, 2011 3:51 am
CarmineD wrote:
No vacmanuk, not at all about holdin ORECK over others. I said for $499 a China made canister [cylinder] as is the Quest even with the ORECK name and backing is not worth the money.  The straight suction model is $299 which as I said is the only model right now available in my area.  Pano, EUREKA, HOOVER and others make the same/similar models as the straight suction Quest under their names at a fraction of the $299 price.  With components like hose and wands and attachments that are same same as the Quest.  Even motor specs and features like the cordwinder.  At that price [$499} I would prefer/buy a USA made/German made cann.  I have also said before here many times that a MIELE made cann in China should not be the same price as a German made MIELE and if so I would pass it up.  Not worth the same $.  That's me, others like you and Mike W. and his fondness for high priced panosonics are entitled to spend your money as you wish.  Mike W. once here called the halo, a China made $499 upright with one year warranty, a good performer despite its high price and weak warranty.  I posted here that retailers' sales people carrying the halo were getting commissions to push it: $50-$100 per sale.  It went belly up in short order and Nick Garcia [halo founder] sold the rights to ORECK after other vacuum makers turned him down.  Mike W. called that one wrong unless of course he was getting commissions on the halo sales.  Don't know for sure just my opinion and observation.  He never mentioned it here.  It's an important sales point and so I did.  Maybe he didn't know.  Give him the benefit of the doubt. And not say he was not up front. 

Carmine D. 

I would add as discussion too that perhaps the S4 is being made in China for MIELE because MIELE plans to scrub the line eventually.  Again, just for discussion as is the subject tab on this site and thread the last I saw/read.  Not as fact unless it turns out to be the case.  And it may.  hard to verify right now.  I don't know it as a fact yet BUT offer as opinion FOR DISCUSSION and it may at some future time become fact and then I'll post it so.

It looks like you came back and changed some things.  I did not recall seeing my name so much.

Yes, I did call the Halo a good performer.  Now, where does that correlate w/not agreeing to the high price or the "weak" warranty?  Anyone can think the Rexair Rainbow is a good machine, but not like the DTD price.  Or, not like the way it is sold, but enjoy using the vacuum cleaner.  A person who knows about vacuum cleaners should talk about many aspects of the machine and everything associated w/it; no matter if it is good or bad.   Anyone reading/hearing about it should be able to understand what is being said, w/o bias. 

Reread my review, in the review section, again Carmine.  I believe I made reference to ORECK and even the HOOVER  Elite.  Everything I said was true.  I could see you making a comment if I had said something like, "You have to get this machine, because it is worth it at any price.  It is even made in China and the price includes a generous one year warranty.  But I did not say that, did I?.  I even talked about the germ-killing capabilities, which I also discussed on the forum.  You failed to mention that.  I am sure, in your mind, I said the germ killing feature will work really well and that everyone will like using it.  Plus, they will use it properly.

You say that the company went "belly up" and I "called that one wrong".  Really?  I did not know that I was responsible for every company I talk about.  I did not know that every person in the world will/should be listening to me.  I gave a good, thorough evaluation of the Halo, but I cannot help how a company markets their product.  You give me too much credit.

In a Halo thread, you said that I got it wrong.  The first company got it wrong, but ORECK came to save the day, because they know how to market it for a niche market.  I tried to get you to explain that reasoning, but you did not.  Now, we are seeing how that is working out.  Actually, the Halo has been off the website for a while now.  It did not just happen.  They are not selling.  They should have marketed it better. 

If some of the "old timers" of the forum recall, I do not tell others to purchase expensive machines.  TOL Panasonics were very good when I recommended them.  When I recommended Rainbows, I told them to go to ebay or visit vac shops in their area.  I did not tell them to call the Rainbow dealer.  Carmine, when you complain about the high price of a particular machine, really think who you should be blaming. Think about it.
CarmineD

Reply #46   Mar 31, 2011 7:05 am
I'm not going to re-quote your post.  It's long winded.  I'll just make a few points:  You gave the halo 4 out of 5 stars.  That speaks for itself.  ORECK bought the rights because it was a competitor.  It was a smart move by ORECK.  Marketing it and selling was not ORECK's reason.  ORECK never even pushed the halo.  Just watched it fade away.  What about the sales commissions on halo?  How did you miss that one?  Rather important fact IMHO. 

Carmine D.

Replies: 37 - 46 of 68Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42