Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Trebor

Oreck site
Original Message   Aug 16, 2010 12:59 pm
Notice the absence of the Dutch Tech canisters? The presence of the Edge, which was supposed to have been an dealer exclusive? So much for integrity. Oreck dealers fared betetr when Dave was at the helm.
Replies: 49 - 58 of 68Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
vacmanuk

Re: Oreck site
Reply #49   Mar 31, 2011 9:32 pm
CarmineD wrote:
I didn't say it did.  I offered it up for discussion.  What I said MANY TIMES HERE is a China made MIELE is not worth the same price as a German made MIELE. 

In addition to performance you have to factor in quality and labor costs.  In my way of thinking China made quality is not on parity with German and the labor costs in China [slave wages without the guilt] are not either.   

Carmine D.

That's your humble opinion - and YET the Chinese made ones have been rated highly by GHI or CR. It makes no difference to where they are made, Carmine. Miele have already established quality throughout - not all Chinese made things are poor quality.

As a buyer, the last thing on anyone's mind is "labour costs" and the brand names should exude something, either quality, engineering, ease of use etc - lifestyle needs.
CarmineD

Reply #50   Mar 31, 2011 10:09 pm
vacmanuk wrote:
That's your humble opinion - and YET the Chinese made ones have been rated highly by GHI or CR. It makes no difference to where they are made, Carmine. Miele have already established quality throughout - not all Chinese made things are poor quality.

As a buyer, the last thing on anyone's mind is "labour costs" and the brand names should exude something, either quality, engineering, ease of use etc - lifestyle needs.

Just as yours is your opinion.  Again I emphasize one of the key facts for consideration for China made vacuums has to be the price.  You noted here many times that many of the Chinese made vacuums come with the same high prices as their Europe and American made vacuum counterparts.  Although you and I and the whole world know that the Chinese companies pay slave labor wages. 

I offer up for discussion and thought the fact that Consumer Reports in March 2011 has taken a new tact with its vacuum ratings.  While rating Chinese made brands like HOOVER and EUREKA LUX top performers in the upright and canister categories, CR refused to make them best buys.  Why?  Because of the reliability issues of these brands and models.  I have called CR out on this matter on this forum.  Why?  CR needs to be more specific with the details.  If CR intends to make an issue of reliability as part of its ratings and recommendations [along with price and performance] then it should in addition to other details provide the countries of origin of the brands and models that are falling short.   Hold the companies and their Chinese partners accountable for their products, prices and quality. 

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #51   Apr 1, 2011 7:06 am
The most recent solo sale by ORECK for the XL Deluxe upright for $199 with free shipping and bags included.  Either through ORECK direcvt or from a local ORECK store subject to availablity.  As I posted here recently.

Carmine D.

Loyalty has its perks. Just $199.99 for an Oreck XL Deluxe! View with images

Just $199 for an Oreck XL Deluxe Upright

+ 2 free gifts and free shipping

Hurry! Offer ends 5/15/11.

Your super-secret sale includes:
An Oreck XL Deluxe Upright, just $199.99
PLUS
A free Crystal Aroma II Carpet and Room Freshener, valued at $12.99
A free 8-pack of filter bags, valued at $24.99
Free shipping

Call 1-800-213-0383 or Click to Order.

The sender of this email is Oreck Holdings, LLC, 565 Marriot Drive, Suite 300, Nashville, TN 37214.

© 2011 Oreck Holdings, LLC. All rights reserved. All word marks, logos, product configurations, and registered trademarks are owned and used under the authority of Oreck Holdings, LLC. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See participating stores for details.

At Oreck, we don't want to send you any unwanted email. If you'd like to be removed from our mailing list, please unsubscribe.
FB609
HARDSELL

Reply #52   Apr 1, 2011 8:20 am
CarmineD wrote:
The most recent solo sale by ORECK for the XL Deluxe upright for $199 with free shipping and bags included.  Either through ORECK direcvt or from a local ORECK store subject to availablity.  As I posted here recently.

Carmine D.

PLUS
Free shipping

The sender of this email is Oreck Holdings, LLC, 565 Marriot Drive, Suite 300, Nashville, TN 37214.

© 2011 Oreck Holdings, LLC. All rights reserved. All word marks, logos, product configurations, and registered trademarks are owned and used under the authority of Oreck Holdings, LLC. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See participating stores for details.

At Oreck, we don't want to send you any unwanted email. If you'd like to be removed from our mailing list, please unsubscribe.
FB609

Why no free hand held with this sale price.  The truth is that "FREE" is expensive with an Oreck.  And to think that Dyson was criticized for deceptive claims.
CarmineD

Reply #53   Apr 1, 2011 8:35 am
HARDSELL wrote:
Why no free hand held with this sale price.  The truth is that "FREE" is expensive with an Oreck.  And to think that Dyson was criticized for deceptive claims.

Since we are on a "truth" path, dyson was "ordered" to cease and desist with its untrue product claims else risk legal and monetary consequences.  Dyson corrected its untrue ways.  It saw the light.

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #54   Apr 1, 2011 9:16 am
CarmineD wrote:

Since we are on a "truth" path, dyson was "ordered" to cease and desist with its untrue product claims else risk legal and monetary consequences.  Dyson corrected its untrue ways.  It saw the light.

Carmine D.
I did not expect you to address the false claim by Oreck.  "Truth" seems to be absent from your vocabulary.

CarmineD

Reply #55   Apr 1, 2011 12:59 pm
HARDSELL wrote:

Carmine D.
I did not expect you to address the false claim by Oreck.  "Truth" seems to be absent from your vocabulary.

The ORECK ad speaks for itself.  if you can't read/comprehend then that's your problem.  Don't blame ORECK and others for your own misgivings and shortcomings.  I bought 4 new XL uprights at $150-$199 on different occasions.  All of these purchases came with one year warranty, no headlight, and I had to pay for extra bags and the shipping.  $199 XL deluxe with headlight, ergonomic handle, HEPA bag, with free pack of bags, free shipping, free fragrance, one free tune up and 3 year warranty beats the ORECK deals I got on mine.  But don't take my word for it.  No.  Use your own judgment, if you have it and trust it.  Do your homework and buy what you want.  Since you tried the free ORECK in home trial on 2 seperate occasions, got and kept the free gifts with, but declined the vacuum both times, it took awhile and several times to decide for sure.  Bad judgment??  First time?  Second time?  Maybe that's the truth.    Does the truth hurt?  Blame yourself.  Not the truth and me.

Carmine D.

Moderator Mike_W

"There is no BEST or PERFECT vacuum cleaner"

"Take care of your vacuum, then your vacuum will take care of you"

Reply #56   Apr 1, 2011 3:19 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Your argument is flawed on its face because you have no idea of the amount associated with the purchase of halo by ORECK.  Obviously, ORECK felt it was in their best business interests to buy the UV-C technolgy in the form of the halo product and sell off the existing inventory while holding the rights to the UV-C technlogy at least for a set period of time certain.

Carmine D.

I have a good idea of what it takes to bring something to market.  There is alot  involved.  A good company is not going to market a vacuum cleaner, just to watch it "fade away".  That is very stupid business sense.  I gave an option, in a in a previous post, how ORECK could get that technology.  Well, we could just say that ORECK  get Chinese slave-labor to make the machine, put "oreck" on it, and charge a very high price for the new ORECK Halo.  Remember, when it was brought out, its price tag was higher than the original company's price tag.  What does that tell you about ORECK?

ORECK has nothing to do w/the previous Halo.  After they acquired the rights, they changed different aspects of the machine.  They did not just take the previous and slap their name on it. 

CarmineD wrote:
I'm not going to re-quote your post.  It's long winded.  I'll just make a few points:  You gave the halo 4 out of 5 stars.  That speaks for itself.  ORECK bought the rights because it was a competitor.  It was a smart move by ORECK.  Marketing it and selling was not ORECK's reason.  ORECK never even pushed the halo.  Just watched it fade away.  What about the sales commissions on halo?  How did you miss that one?  Rather important fact IMHO. 

Carmine D.

Moderator Mike_W

Reply #57   Apr 1, 2011 3:34 pm
HARDSELL wrote:
Why no free hand held with this sale price.  The truth is that "FREE" is expensive with an Oreck. 

This is the same thing talked about earlier.  ORECK marketed their upright w/ free canister, that really is not FREE.  They have done this for years.  Other "8lbs." uprights sold alone. For the past several years, ORECK has started following others by offering the separate purchase option, like other brands.

Using Carmine's thinking-"COPYING"
Moderator Mike_W

Reply #58   Apr 1, 2011 3:43 pm
CarmineD wrote:

Carmine D.

PLUS
Free shipping

FB609
I do not know how this is such a great deal, when the whole public does not know about it..  ORECK sends info about sale of their vacuum cleaners to people who already purchased one.  I guess I would also, it I noticed someone who purchased more than two.

I should tell people that they could have gone to Big Lots last week, to purchase a factory refurb XL(w/same headlight) for the price of $99.00

Addition:

Just checked the ORECK website and see that they are offering the present BOL upright alone for $199.00  The offer from Carmine's email offer is a previous model.
This message was modified Apr 1, 2011 by Mike_W
Replies: 49 - 58 of 68Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42