Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > about carpet cleaning

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Denis

about carpet cleaning
Original Message   Jul 25, 2010 9:12 am
I just started to clean my carpet with a bissell machine and i wonder if is any other soap then the one they recommend the bissell one because its not cleaning as good as i thought.

Thanks

Replies: 1 - 6 of 6View as Outline
vacmanuk

Re: about carpet cleaning
Reply #1   Jul 25, 2010 10:10 am
I used to have a Bissell and when I did, I always used low-foamer 1001 carpet shampoo solution. Im pretty sure you can get it in the U.S under the Johnsons & johnsons label. It's a great product and fairly cheap to buy.
ManikBhai

Reply #2   Nov 12, 2010 9:44 am
I used to do this about 10 years ago. I started out with a Spirit 1 which is a fairly small but powerful (and noisy) machine. Back then it cost me £600 and came with some basic attachments. If you needed an attachment for doing staris and so on these were readily available (about £50 per attachment).
I got most of my work from leaflet drops (about 2% hit ratio) and ads in shop windows and a big sticker on the car. I did get a lot of recommendations which was nice.
It IS hard work - on your hands and knees scrubbing away (the machine only does so much). The money can be good though if you have enough work.

This message was modified Mar 15, 2016 by a moderator
hooverman

Reply #3   Dec 5, 2010 4:12 pm
Go for the XXX Steam master ProPlus; it'll blow away the competition!

This message was modified Dec 5, 2010 by hooverman
vacomatic

Reply #4   Dec 6, 2010 12:48 am
I keep wondering how the sponge-derived (not the ultra fine particle)  powder carpet cleaners work in comparison to the extractor machines.
This is assuming one has a good vacuum to suck up the powder once it has finished its work.

It seems the "spray foam" cleaners tend to leave a sticky residue.  Are there any that don't?
CarmineD

Reply #5   Dec 6, 2010 7:25 am
vacomatic wrote:
I keep wondering how the sponge-derived (not the ultra fine particle)  powder carpet cleaners work in comparison to the extractor machines.
This is assuming one has a good vacuum to suck up the powder once it has finished its work.

It seems the "spray foam" cleaners tend to leave a sticky residue.  Are there any that don't?

Users overdo it. 

Carmine D.

Just

Reply #6   Dec 8, 2010 4:13 pm
I have a Bissell Big Green Clean Machine cannister that I have had wonderful results from for neigh on 18 years.  I also have a Hoover Steam Vac with Power surge that I am fond of as well.

I use the Pet detergent under the Wal-Mart Good Value brand as well as the Woolite with Oxi-action.  Both are low foamers, leave little residue, and clean very well in either of my machines.

Replies: 1 - 6 of 6View as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42