Search For:
Trilobite

Dyson DC33 Upright
Original Message   Jul 3, 2010 8:50 pm
Replies: 20 - 29 of 29Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
CarmineD

Re: Dyson DC33 Upright
Reply #20   Sep 7, 2010 8:50 am
A change for dyson's DC33 multi floor model upright:  No animal version as in the rest of its product line of dyson vacuums.  Maybe one to come but I suspect not for this one.  This model will be a stand alone budget model for the dyson upright line with perhaps exclusives like it made for retailers where the dyson sales justify.  IMHO

Carmine D.

M00seUK

Reply #21   Sep 7, 2010 9:39 am
I've never rated the Dyson Animal cleaners - particularly with DC14 / DC15 and the models before them - it's a yucky, tacky purple colour combination. Your punishment for paying more for a model with only an extra bundled accessory or two, for little (if any) saving. Of course, it's likely proved a successful marketing tool in big box stores, so that pet owners can quickly find a cleaner that'll meet their needs. But anyone who's clued up, would be better off choosing a standard model and buying any accessory they need.
This message was modified Sep 7, 2010 by M00seUK
CarmineD

Reply #22   Sep 8, 2010 8:27 am
M00seUK wrote:
I've never rated the Dyson Animal cleaners - particularly with DC14 / DC15 and the models before them - it's a yucky, tacky purple colour combination. Your punishment for paying more for a model with only an extra bundled accessory or two, for little (if any) saving. Of course, it's likely proved a successful marketing tool in big box stores, so that pet owners can quickly find a cleaner that'll meet their needs. But anyone who's clued up, would be better off choosing a standard model and buying any accessory they need.

Dyson offers free [until 9/9/10] the Pet Clean-up Kit, several tools, zorb, dyzolv with MSRP of $99, with the purchase of DC33 and other dyson uprights.  Dyson has made this offer along with free shipping for quite some time now.  Selected retailers of dyson vacuums make the same offer too.  I suspect this is a dyson marketing tool to compete with dyson retailers who are discounting new dysons as much as 25 percent from MSRP and have been the entire summer sales season.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Sep 8, 2010 by CarmineD
Actionvac

Reply #23   Oct 9, 2010 10:34 am
CarmineD wrote:
The issue is the price and whether worth the money.  I sprang $250 for a DC07 pink which was the max I'd spend.  I was not impressive even for that price.  The clutch and floating head were problematic on my carpets.  The only vacuum to date that has failed to do the job and the most expensive of all I used/purchased.

Carmine D. 

The 07's clean very poorly, from time to time twist bottom suction hose a half turn to keep brush head so it meets the carpet as it seems to bend and not let the head seal on carpet, although that problem sells me a lot of vacuums
Hertz

Reply #24   Oct 10, 2010 5:59 pm
The DC14 I have cleans excellently, and picks up dirt after even a thorough run w/ my Kirby G4 or Miele Solaris w/ SEB217 PN. You must have either had a bad experience or are way over exaggerating; they're newer machines and other newer machines probably do outlcean the pre-DC17, 25, 28 models.
CarmineD

Reply #25   Oct 10, 2010 6:42 pm
Hertz wrote:
The DC14 I have cleans excellently, and picks up dirt after even a thorough run w/ my Kirby G4 or Miele Solaris w/ SEB217 PN. You must have either had a bad experience or are way over exaggerating; they're newer machines and other newer machines probably do outlcean the pre-DC17, 25, 28 models.

You don't know the sales trick.  The machine that goes last always picks up dirt after the vacuum that goes first.  I recently taught this gimmick to an unknowing sales person at Best Buy who was pushing dyson's DC28 to me for $600 [before in store savings and discounts].  Allowing him to use a DC28, which he set to low, and vacuuming a rug area thoroughly.   I then, after he decided he was finished and the rug clean, asked him to go over the very same area he just vacuumed with a DC14, also on display.  Big surprise for him.  The dirt bin in the DC14 picked up more dirt on and in the rug after just thoroughly using a DC28.  He was dumbfounded.  As I walked away from him and looked back at him, he was looking at me as though I was from the corporate office and there to test him on his knowledge, skills and abilities to sell Best Buy products.  He must have figured he just failed.  The rule is this:  A rug can hold its weight in dirt and still look clean to the human eye.  Go over any rug, even 7 times back and forth, and then use another vacuum, any vacuum presuming it is working properly, and the last vacuum will still pick up more dirt.  Why?  Because vacuuming, regardless of brand and model, never removes all the dirt all the time in a any rug/carpet.    This simple FACT sold many door to door vacuums for many years to unknowing homeowners and vacuum customers.  The trick is older than dirt itself but is still used and quoted as prima facia evidence of proof of better performance.  Except it isn't.  Why?  Because it never ceases to amaze the unknowing victims like yourself.

BTW, back on subject, the DC33 is a budget dyson upright model.  Selling retail at $319 before routine savings at most retailers of as much as 20 percent off.  For those who remember, this was the exact same price for DC07 All Floors sold on sale at Wal*Mart in 2004 and 2005.  The same price that caused the great feud between dyson and W*M.  Why?  Dyson said it violated dyson's MAP and had a hissy fit over it.  Leading to the conspicuous absence of new dyson vacuums from the W*M shelves for a few years until dyson and W*M kissed and made up.  Hard economic times since that falling out call for tough [read lower] pricing of products, even obviously for the once mighty dysons and its now obsolete and defunct MAP policy. 

Carmine D.

This message was modified Oct 11, 2010 by CarmineD
CarmineD

Reply #26   Nov 13, 2010 7:53 am
Most retailers selling DC33 have it for sale for $319 a 20 percent discount from MSRP of $399.

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #27   Nov 13, 2010 8:09 am
CarmineD wrote:
Most retailers selling DC33 have it for sale for $319 a 20 percent discount from MSRP of $399.

Carmine D.

In Oct you said retail was $319.   Now $399.  ???????????????
CarmineD

Reply #28   Nov 13, 2010 8:44 am
HARDSELL wrote:
In Oct you said retail was $319.   Now $399.  ???????????????

Just testing to see if you are alert and reading here.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #29   Nov 26, 2010 7:49 am
Most big box retailers advertising and selling this latest DC33 for Turkey Day and beyond for $289-$299.  MSRP of $399.  Dyson finally figured it out.

Carmine D.

Replies: 20 - 29 of 29Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42