Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
vacmanuk

LATEST VACS...
Original Message   Jan 21, 2010 5:52 pm
http://www.appliancist.com/vacuum_cleaners/electrolux-silence-amplified-musical-vacuum-cleaner-ipod-vacuum.html Electrolux have launched a cylinder vacuum cleaner with an Ipod Dock!! Frankly I like the noise of my vacuum. Perhaps this model has a loud motor?! Also: http://www.appliancist.com/vacuum_cleaners/ This model and quite a few "new" European models due to be launched in various parts of Europe soon such as the new "Ease" uprights from Electrolux, only betitled because they are bagless cyclonic uprights fitted with an auto rewinding cable. What will Electrolux think up next? We had auto cord rewinding uprights in the UK back in the 1970s!
Replies: 65 - 74 of 84Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
vacmanuk

Re: LATEST VACS...
Reply #65   Feb 21, 2012 1:50 pm
DC18 wrote:
Hi Vacmanuk Just wondered if you have used the 'newer' bags on the Felix? I'm still using the paper ones and wondered how much better if the 'newer' felix bags are? You you know if they will be replacing the paper ones on the X Series? Thanks DC18

Our tumble dryer went on the blink recently so the Felix came into its own for sucking out all the dirt and giving me one quarter space left in the paper dust bag. I've since removed the paper dust bag and started using one of the synthetic dust bags just to see what it's like. As you know, the Felix dust bags have sealable caps that you can actually reopen, so I'll use the paper bag next time when it comes to cleaning out other people's home to finish it off. Already the new synthetic bag has been used for containing sucked up pet hair - the filtration aspects are better - and one of the biggest shocks is that when I increase the suction slider for the motor on the handle, the bag doesn't register "half full" like the paper bag. Nothing at all registers for the moment!
DC18

Dyson, Sebo and Bissell user

Reply #66   Feb 21, 2012 4:55 pm
Hi vacmanuk thanks for the info on the SEBO Felix synthetic bags. Thats great to hear the filtration is better on the synthetic bags compared to the paper ones. Interesting to know that the new type bags don't register half full when power is increased, that is a surprise! Also be interesting to see if suction remains 100% as the synthetic bag gets full, as I notice a slight drop on my felix as the paper bag fills up which is understandable. Can't wait to get and try some of these new bags, might not bother getting the charcoal pre-motor filter just try these new type bags. Still got 7 or so paper bags to use yet though! Might still buy a box though! Have you seen the new SEBO Felix on the SEBO German website, Felix Crystal? Looks fab, I'm liking that. Wonder if that will appear in the UK!? DC18
vacmanuk

Reply #67   Feb 22, 2012 6:53 am
Yep, have seen the Swakovski edition already - wouldn't be a bad idea just to order the waist sleeve and put it on a Felix Pet and then hide it away for many years : ) That's if you can afford the initial pay out.
vacmanuk

Reply #68   Feb 28, 2012 1:26 pm
New Felix edition colour to be launched to celebrate our British Queen's jubilee, the Felix Royale.

Andy

Reply #69   Mar 16, 2012 3:32 am
Vacmanuk,

Will Felix Royale be available in other countries?

Andy
Moderator Mike_W

"There is no BEST or PERFECT vacuum cleaner"

"Take care of your vacuum, then your vacuum will take care of you"

Reply #70   Mar 17, 2012 4:21 am
I see this SEBO Felix "Royale" only being available in the UK.  It is a design the UK can take pride in and is made for that purpose.  They are celebrating a special time.  It really would not work in a country like the USA.  The same could be said about American brands, which have the U.S. flag design/colors in the vacuum cleaner, in other countries.  In 1976, American companies celebrated 200 years of independence in the USA.  Companies like HOOVER had vacuum cleaners with "USA" colors and/or design on the vacuum cleaner.
Another vacuum would be ORECK.  ORECK w/their choice of red/white/blue hood and "American Heritage" on the bag.

I do not see SEBO marketing this particular Felix in the USA.  What they could do is market a Felix in the USA, w/the "USA" colors and/or "U.S. Flag" design.  All they would have to do is come up w/a fabric design.  They could introduce this special "USA" model on the anniversary of SEBO's entry into the U.S. market.
This message was modified Mar 17, 2012 by Mike_W
vacmanuk

Reply #71   Mar 25, 2012 5:45 am
For the moment it has only been released to celebrate both our Queen's Jubilee year and of course our impending Olympics. I don't see why it wouldn't be a success in the USA. After all, the Americans have gone mad for British Union Jack flag transfers on MINI cars. If the exhaust filter cover was available as a separate issue, you could just buy that and adorn it to a Felix Rosso, since that model is also red. I like the idea of the Stars and Stripes being displayed as a separate model too. You never know, SEBO aren't a company who follow other brands that much, so the exhaust filter cover/waist wrap may well become an optional cover. This is the company who make airbelt covers for their canisters with pink or blue elephants on a blue/pink background!

There's also a black model with Swarovski crystals embedded in the waist cover. This model comes from Germany, in terms of its market. Known as SEBO FELIX 1 Premium Crystal

TotalVac

Reply #72   Mar 30, 2012 11:41 am
Our course we need vacuums with Swarovski crystals on them! That makes them better at cleaning, right? I don't think I ever imagined a world where we had to put "bling" on our vacuums.
vacmanuk

Reply #73   Apr 1, 2012 11:53 am
Im pretty sure it's not been the first time. After all, Miele made that anniversary S4 Gold painted cylinder vac a couple of years ago. It was around the £300 and now on Amazon for £250 or thereabouts.

vacmanuk

Reply #74   Apr 10, 2012 10:05 pm
DC18 wrote:
Hi vacmanuk thanks for the info on the SEBO Felix synthetic bags. Thats great to hear the filtration is better on the synthetic bags compared to the paper ones. Interesting to know that the new type bags don't register half full when power is increased, that is a surprise! Also be interesting to see if suction remains 100% as the synthetic bag gets full, as I notice a slight drop on my felix as the paper bag fills up which is understandable. Can't wait to get and try some of these new bags, might not bother getting the charcoal pre-motor filter just try these new type bags. Still got 7 or so paper bags to use yet though! Might still buy a box though! Have you seen the new SEBO Felix on the SEBO German website, Felix Crystal? Looks fab, I'm liking that. Wonder if that will appear in the UK!? DC18

Hey DC - last night I replaced my first synthetic dust bag on the Felix. It was absolutely packed full of dust and I'm really surprised - it's nearly been 3 months which is ONE month more than I'm used to with the paper bags. After talking with a few people online regarding the bags, they can actually be reused! I don't know if Sebo are aware of that - obviously they wouldn't recommend doing it - but thanks to the seal cap at the top, it's just a matter of shaking all the dust from the bottom to the top of the bag, open the cap and shake over a bin - or use another vacuum to get the dust out.
Replies: 65 - 74 of 84Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42