Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
vacmanuk

LATEST VACS...
Original Message   Jan 21, 2010 5:52 pm
http://www.appliancist.com/vacuum_cleaners/electrolux-silence-amplified-musical-vacuum-cleaner-ipod-vacuum.html Electrolux have launched a cylinder vacuum cleaner with an Ipod Dock!! Frankly I like the noise of my vacuum. Perhaps this model has a loud motor?! Also: http://www.appliancist.com/vacuum_cleaners/ This model and quite a few "new" European models due to be launched in various parts of Europe soon such as the new "Ease" uprights from Electrolux, only betitled because they are bagless cyclonic uprights fitted with an auto rewinding cable. What will Electrolux think up next? We had auto cord rewinding uprights in the UK back in the 1970s!
Replies: 55 - 64 of 84Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
DC18

Dyson, Sebo and Bissell user

Re: LATEST VACS...
Reply #55   Jan 24, 2012 6:08 pm
Your welcome, sometimes talking is not always necessary the video was fine. Thanks for the tip regarding the micro filter and pet hair, might upgrade my Felix with the Charcoal Filter as I'm, getting a puppy soon! That was a very good bargain you got on that X4, good for you. Your hard work paid off then clean 'smelling' X4 in good working order. It amazes me now how some people treat vacuum cleaners even today and the state they can get in and what they use them to pickup, and they still expect them to work 100% without any TLC! Glad you rescued that X4! Its good that the Charcoal filter removed the animal smells so you could fit the standard micro filter again. I like the idea you can upgrade and or down grade (if you can call it that!) the filters on the SEBO & Miele vacuums I like that idea, you can not do that on a Dyson (although most of the newer models come with HEPA filters as standard). Yes I did find the S7 big, heavy and bulky but sort of light to use. I agree some of the parts like the bag compartment door is flimsy compared to the SEBO X one. Thats a very good tip on stair cleaning with the X thanks for that tip. Must remember that if I get one! Thanks for the heads up regarding Miele warranty good to get another opinion for someone else. Thats what I like about the SEBO they seen to last and are built to with out any problems, or minimal. Thats good to know about the X1, thought that had a 1000 watt motor! Yes I agree the X is a simpler easy to use and quick, I thought that when I tested one in John Lewis. I noticed that when I was testing the X with the automatic height adjuster. I do love my Felix but I miss not having a full size vacuum so to speak that has a flexible hose connected to a wand to do quick above floor cleaning thats where the X appeals to me. I have thought about buying a straight wand for the Felix now I have the extension hose but its the fact i would have to get that attachment out to use it where as the X wand and hose are there to hand!
vacmanuk

Reply #56   Jan 24, 2012 11:03 pm
Well, when my video about the Felix is being done, it will be shown with the extension hose and a few optional accessories I find better to use for my cleaning needs. Good luck with whatever you choose - just remember the original all white X1 Automatic has an 850 watt model, the rarer grey/black floor head model has 1000 watts. The latter one at 1000 watts is better value on power but again if need to use a mini turbo brush, the more modern X1.1 and X4 are a better bet. Like you, I'd also like to see a variable suction dial and a brush on/off function with the X series. I've mentioned it, I've emailed the company but they're happy with the X range and may well be renamed "Classic" in later years if they do try out a newer more modern upright vac. When you see the D series against the Miele S5 cylinder/canister, Sebo will get there in the end to produce something a bit more modern, but it's all a question of when...
DC18

Reply #57   Jan 25, 2012 2:47 pm
Look forward to seeing your Felix video. Thanks and thanks again for the tips on the SEBO X series probably go for the X1.1 or the X4! That would be nice to see the X series updated to have variable suction dial and to turn the brush bar onoff, may be they will in time. Unless they see the Felix as a modern version of the X! May be they have an X replacement in the pipe line but like you say a question of when! Or may be they do not! It good to speak to another SEBO fan there doesn't seem many of us, like I said to SEBO UK the brand is so unrated and need to be promoted more IMO! Be interesting to see what SEBO will do if this european law comes in with regards to limiting motor wattage!
DC18

Reply #58   Jan 25, 2012 3:06 pm
By the way the 'new' motors in the Felix you mentioned do you know when they launch? Are they planning a new Felix Line up or just fitting the new motor to the current range do you know?
vacmanuk

Reply #59   Jan 26, 2012 10:48 am
The current 2012 models on sale now definately have the upgraded motor - earlier 2011 models may well have them too. Apparently they are a little quieter, but more importantly don't produce much air thrust.
vacmanuk

Reply #60   Feb 1, 2012 5:23 pm
vacmanuk wrote:
The current 2012 models on sale now definately have the upgraded motor - earlier 2011 models may well have them too. Apparently they are a little quieter, but more importantly don't produce much air thrust.

Just been alerted to day that the only way of identifying the new models is if you remove the filter at the bottom of the bin and shine a torch into the motor vent - older Felix motors use Ametek Italia motors - the newer ones dont have anything written on them other than B/S/H written to the side. UK bound models may have new serial numbers that begin with "X" or "Y".
vacmanuk

Reply #61   Feb 8, 2012 6:42 pm
Panasonic have at last updated some of their bagged upright vacuums, but this model uses a 3.5 litre dust bag and is priced close to the SEBO Felix:

Panasonic MC-UG614:
5.9Kg
Swivel head and 2 motor system.
7 metre cord
Tool kit
Mini turbo brush
hard floor to carpet adjuster/on/off.
3.5 litre capacity bag, 1900 watt, 250 air watts (Claimed).

I demo'd one in the John Lewis where they are selling and it's a good-ish model. Has variable suction on the handle just like the Felix. Difficult to get around furniture due to its 14" floor head though.

Moderator Mike_W

"There is no BEST or PERFECT vacuum cleaner"

"Take care of your vacuum, then your vacuum will take care of you"

Reply #62   Feb 9, 2012 4:15 am
We have had this vacuum, under the Kenmore name, for over a year and a half now.  I see they did not even bother to change the color for the UK.  This is a very good vacuum cleaner.  I like the full-sized power nozzle.  No one can call it a wimpy power nozzle.  It cleans both carpeting and floors very well.  When the machine first came out, I thought they should have put an attachment port where the "cleanout" port was.  Well, it looks like someone listened to me, but only on the UK machines. 

Putting a fold down handle on it, would not have hurt either

Sears is offering this vacuum at a very good price.  Before the Glide was even available, it started at about $200.00.  But  like I said back then, " prices will drop as the product has been around for a while."

For what it is, it is a very good vacuum cleaner.  It is not loud by no means, but I could say that it is louder than a HOOVER Windtunnel Air. But then look at the differences, in size, of the motors, in the nozzles.   It would be fine for someone who lives in a small place like a loft or studio apartment, who does somewhat limited vacuuming.  It could be used as an "in between vacuuming" vacuum, when all you want to do is run the machine over the carpeting in the middle of the week or more. 
vacmanuk

Reply #63   Feb 9, 2012 7:43 am
I like the design, Mike but what I don't like are the separate attachments. Clearly it would have added weight had Panasonic fitted them to the back of the model. For the UK price putting it into direct line with the Sebo Felix, I was also surprised to find the Panasonic doesn't have a long cord attached to it. It wouldn't have added weight had Panasonic fitted a slide in, slide out stabiliser at least - there is one but you have to manually fit it each time you want to use the hose, another fitting that has to be manually added.
DC18

Reply #64   Feb 9, 2012 5:24 pm
Think I would still prefer my SEBO Felix over the Panasonic! DC18
Replies: 55 - 64 of 84Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42