Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
vacmanuk

LATEST VACS...
Original Message   Jan 21, 2010 5:52 pm
http://www.appliancist.com/vacuum_cleaners/electrolux-silence-amplified-musical-vacuum-cleaner-ipod-vacuum.html Electrolux have launched a cylinder vacuum cleaner with an Ipod Dock!! Frankly I like the noise of my vacuum. Perhaps this model has a loud motor?! Also: http://www.appliancist.com/vacuum_cleaners/ This model and quite a few "new" European models due to be launched in various parts of Europe soon such as the new "Ease" uprights from Electrolux, only betitled because they are bagless cyclonic uprights fitted with an auto rewinding cable. What will Electrolux think up next? We had auto cord rewinding uprights in the UK back in the 1970s!
Replies: 1 - 84 of 84View as Outline
CarmineD

Re: LATEST VACS...
Reply #1   Jan 22, 2010 7:02 am
Good vacuum stuff  VacmanUK.  Thanks for posting links and pix.  I like the iPod feature for tunes and have always been an advocate for cord winders on uprights.  Nice to see EUREKA Electrolux making progress in doing these product endeavors.

Carmine D.

Venson

Reply #2   Jan 22, 2010 6:45 pm
vacmanuk wrote:
http://www.appliancist.com/vacuum_cleaners/electrolux-silence-amplified-musical-vacuum-cleaner-ipod-vacuum.html Electrolux have launched a cylinder vacuum cleaner with an Ipod Dock!! Frankly I like the noise of my vacuum. Perhaps this model has a loud motor?! Also: http://www.appliancist.com/vacuum_cleaners/ This model and quite a few "new" European models due to be launched in various parts of Europe soon such as the new "Ease" uprights from Electrolux, only betitled because they are bagless cyclonic uprights fitted with an auto rewinding cable. What will Electrolux think up next? We had auto cord rewinding uprights in the UK back in the 1970s!

Hi,

I see no power nozzles shown.  That the vacuum can provide a more quiet working environment is music enough for my ears.

Being its Electrolux, what I'd like is a decently sized disposable bag. I've already got enough portable music devices and if its that quiet, all have to do is turn on the stereo.

Venson

vacmanuk

Reply #3   Jan 26, 2010 4:17 pm
The possibility is that there isn't a power nozzle. To be honest in the UK, some European countries, power nozzles aren't equipped with Hoover or Electrolux products, only Sebo or Miele.
Venson

Reply #4   Jan 27, 2010 4:10 am
vacmanuk wrote:
The possibility is that there isn't a power nozzle. To be honest in the UK, some European countries, power nozzles aren't equipped with Hoover or Electrolux products, only Sebo or Miele.

Hi vacmanuk,

I'm aware but assuming that these models are targeted for the American market where Electrolux is also a player.  Not trying to butter you up for a place to stay during my next vacation but between you and me, I have always given Europeans more credit for practicality and common sense.  Thus I highly doubt that Electrolux will be successful at unloading this BS on you guys unless the pet rock was a big seller there.

You know, Oreck once briefly offered a vacuum acoutered with an audio player of some sort here.  It was gone nearly as quickly as it appeared.

The whole purpose of filling the demand for quiet vacs would be defeated.  Ideally, the quiet vac let's you clean while the baby's asleep, let's you take a phone call or converse with another person or hear the stereo you already have while you're cleaning.  As well what about sound quality?  These little players don't offer much regarding the matter.  The same as with computers, there'd be a campaign about which machine is equipped with stereo or "woofers" made by so and so.  If this idea is a matter of having less noise from household machinery so you can up other noise then, sweet young thing that I am, I have lived a little too long.

The solution to the problem is keep your present vacuum cleaner and buy a boom box to sit beside it.

Venson

CarmineD

Reply #5   Jan 27, 2010 6:58 am
Since a power head adds additional noise level to the vacuum, not having one makes it easier and more effective to hear the iPod tunes located onboard.

Carmine D.

Venson

Reply #6   Jan 27, 2010 11:17 am
CarmineD wrote:
Since a power head adds additional noise level to the vacuum, not having one makes it easier and more effective to hear the iPod tunes located onboard.

Carmine D.

Top of the morning Carmine,

Good point but who'll help get the rug cleaner -- Elvis or Beethoven?

Best,

Venson

CarmineD

Reply #7   Jan 27, 2010 1:25 pm
Venson wrote:
Top of the morning Carmine,

Good point but who'll help get the rug cleaner -- Elvis or Beethoven?

Best,

Venson

Beethoven for sure. 

Carmine D.

vacmanuk

Reply #8   Jan 27, 2010 3:15 pm
Thing is Venson, I dont think the Electrolux ones are destined for the U.S I think they may well appear with a powered nozzle by the time it hits the U.S It is of course a fad and one that Electrolux may well think young people may be the market in which the new Vac iPod is destined to be sold to. Trouble is out of the many students I teach I know they identify well with Dyson because that's what their parents have (or possibly a Miele) or on the opposite side of the pay scale, a Henry canister. And many students I speak to / teach happily adore Henry because his smiley face regardless of the weight/canister design issue. Most students will have their stereos blaring regardless of what vacuum they use. Im not surprised really about Electrolux bringing out an Ipod dock fitted vacuum. They were also one of very few brands who brought out a fridge freezer combo with a television screen set on the fridge door part at the top and that again is a fad - I dont think I know anyone who could sit and watch TV flush fitted onto a fridge/freezer but it isn't such a bad idea if space is at a premium. I welcome quiet vacuums - after all washing machines and dishwashers are becoming quieter all the time so why shouldnt it be any different for floorcare appliances?
Venson

Reply #9   Jan 27, 2010 3:39 pm
vacmanuk wrote:
Thing is Venson, I dont think the Electrolux ones are destined for the U.S I think they may well appear with a powered nozzle by the time it hits the U.S It is of course a fad and one that Electrolux may well think young people may be the market in which the new Vac iPod is destined to be sold to. Trouble is out of the many students I teach I know they identify well with Dyson because that's what their parents have (or possibly a Miele) or on the opposite side of the pay scale, a Henry canister. And many students I speak to / teach happily adore Henry because his smiley face regardless of the weight/canister design issue. Most students will have their stereos blaring regardless of what vacuum they use. Im not surprised really about Electrolux bringing out an Ipod dock fitted vacuum. They were also one of very few brands who brought out a fridge freezer combo with a television screen set on the fridge door part at the top and that again is a fad - I dont think I know anyone who could sit and watch TV flush fitted onto a fridge/freezer but it isn't such a bad idea if space is at a premium. I welcome quiet vacuums - after all washing machines and dishwashers are becoming quieter all the time so why shouldnt it be any different for floorcare appliances?

Hi vacmanuk,

While I was living in Tenerife, I got into a discussion about life here with one of the locals who sort of thought that everyone's life was the same.  So what did she say?  "I know you Americans.  You're all alike.  All of you have TVs in your kitchens."  Well . . .

There are wild ideas I could live with.  I have an LG fridge that I bought specifically because of its narrow width and taller than usual height.  The refrigerator and freezer portions are of equal size.  Despite the resulting increase in height, I would have loved it if they'd built in a microwave oven between the two refridgerated sections.  It would prove very convenient by way of the steps it would save from fridge to microwave.   Even better it would be great to see a fridge  with stackable sections that allowed more diverse placement.  They are offering something similar by way of drawer dishwashers and refrigerators.

LG did put out a fridge here with a television and an ice dispenser but it, at least at BestBuy, seems to have disappeared.  All appliance should operate quietly but I think few are adequately suited for double duty.  If I can I'll look around for the recipes someone developed back the day for cooking in a dishwasher.

Venson

vacmanuk

Reply #10   Jan 28, 2010 2:22 pm
Well.. to be fair most European's assumptions of the U.S back in the 1990s stemmed from knowledge in the 1980s.. I can recall as a child (in Scotland we had a U.S Naval Base) most of the Americans around us had tons of wide cars where the small roads here had to be widened to accomodate them. I'll never forget my experience of travelling in the back of a Cadillac. Dont ask me the model, but it bloody huge and the most comfortable I've ever experienced, and I'm even suggesting that it had better interior space than an old Rolls Royce! In the UK we don't get some appliances that Americans take for granted, such as central vac systems - they do exist in the UK but they're too expensive and not considerably justified for smaller homes. Plus the other gripe I wish the UK had - coffee machines that grind the beans AND then make filter coffee. My aunt in NYC has one and she adores it - so much better to what she was used to back in the UK. Things like that are really handy!!
vacmanuk

Reply #11   Feb 9, 2010 12:50 pm

Image "...Sure, Dustbusters and other cordless mini vacuum cleaners are useful but they’re horrendously noisy and they only give you 5 minutes of vacuuming on a charge. Enter the Miele Hybrid Vacuum Cleaner (warning very painful Flash site), a home vacuum cleaner that can run on mains or battery power. The cleaner is a bag-filtered, 1,800W cleaner with a 9 levels of air cleaning, and a built-in attachment caddy around the hose base..." (www.redferret.com)

"...The Miele Hybrid is equipped with a special engine that operates on two power sources: mains operation and battery operation. Draw with or without cable Automatic changeover without interruption of engine operation when the battery cable is disconnected with Non Stop Service..." (www.appliancist.com)

"...
The lightweight Li-Ion batteries can power the vacuum for 20 minutes (it is 1,800W remember) which Miele reckon is enough to do 100 steps, 80m² or 22 small incidents. The battery recharges whenever the cleaner is plugged in, will fully recharge in 3 hours and are good for 10 years. Sounds perfect for kid-ravaged households and cleaning up the car..." (again, www.appliancist.com)

So the latest from Miele is a standard S4 cylinder with a battery pack underneath. I like the application.

Venson

Reply #12   Feb 9, 2010 1:13 pm
Hi vacmanuk,

At last -- a machine that makes sense.  I read press releases about this machine last year and am glad to learn that its finally on the market.

I can't buy it but I hope it lands on our soil, pardon the pun, as I'm very curious as to how it will go over with American consumers.

Venson

Lucky1

Reply #13   Feb 9, 2010 3:52 pm
It probably won't be able to accommodate a powerhead.
Venson

Reply #14   Feb 10, 2010 2:55 am
Lucky1 wrote:
It probably won't be able to accommodate a powerhead.

Hi Lucky1,

That hadn't escaped me.  Considering the additional power draw do think Miele might opt for a turbo-nozzle (which I don't particularly like) or the rechargeable nozzle that was offered with the prior Galaxy small canister series.  I don't know how well they went over with the public here first time round.

Then again, it would be suitable as a straight suction machine in homes where there's not a lot of carpet or at least not a lot of heavy traffic issues OR if the price is right, it would make a great second vac if you already have a good upright.

Yet, there's the rub.  If they asked me, I'd say this machine -- creatively priced (as in how much BS can be sold) should cost no more than $600 American being it's made by Miele (snob appeal and all) but still  certainly a useful idea that merits extra bucks for originality first time out on the market.  However, since they're not going to ask me, I'm pretty sure Miele will try to palm this off for more like $800.

Venson

vacmanuk

Reply #15   Feb 10, 2010 3:35 pm
The Miele Hybrid is based on the S4. Now the S4 doesn't have a power head other than a Miele branded battery power back power head available. I'm assuming that therefore this would also be able to fit the same tubes. Other than that you're looking at using their standard Cat n Dog/full size air turbo brush floor head. My own S4 uses the latter and it does a better job than the cheap upright the landlord gave me.
vacmanuk

Reply #16   Feb 16, 2010 5:55 pm
More info on the Miele Hybrid is here but you'll need to brush up on your German!

http://www.miele.de/ex/microsite/de/hybrid/index.html#

and

http://www.miele.de/de/haushalt/produkte/31844_31852.htm#p31846

Also some other notes! I've already had some words with VintageHoover on the YT channel who is responsible for his video (dustfluffgrit.blog) of the Hybrid. It is presently 499 deutschmarks which is not the SAME as £ Sterling. However on the basis that the new Vax Life / Hoover Windtunnel Platinum stick vac is £199 / £200 for this 2 hour charged cordless stick vac, it doesnt surprise me that preliminary suggested pricing for the Miele S4 Hybrid is so expensive.

Upon looking up the word "weight" in German (gewicht) Ive just found another page that states the Hybrid would weigh 4.7kg

http://www.idealo.de/preisvergleich/OffersOfProduct/1866504_-s4-hybrid-miele.html

Oh how wonderful the internet is!
vacmanuk

Reply #17   Feb 16, 2010 6:01 pm
Also if anyone is interested you can download an English version of Miele's corporate magazine (pdf.)

http://www.miele.de/media/presse/media/Miele_Magazin_E_2009_rz.pdf
Venson

Reply #18   Feb 16, 2010 6:48 pm
Thanks vacmanuk.

Venson

vacmanuk

Reply #19   Feb 18, 2010 9:34 pm
From Electrolux Australia comes the UltraOne cylinder vac. It really looks like theyve tried to copy Hoover's Freemotion design and Miele/Sebo.

http://www.electrolux.com.au/node37.aspx?categoryid=14263

vacuum-ultraone-electrolux-design-lab.jpgvacuum-ultraone-electrolux-cleaner.jpg

electrolux-ultraone-vacuum.jpgvacuum-ultraone-electrolux-handle.jpg

Venson

Reply #20   Feb 19, 2010 3:41 am
vacmanuk wrote:
From Electrolux Australia comes the UltraOne cylinder vac. It really looks like theyve tried to copy Hoover's Freemotion design and Miele/Sebo.

http://www.electrolux.com.au/node37.aspx?categoryid=14263

Hi vacmanuk,

Cool!  I agree but, at least to the eye, it's mostly a very nice re-spin of the EL6988 we know here. The "lady bug: shape has be given up for a lower, sleeker look.   It also borrows from the Electrolux Oxygen 3 series.  I'm also glad to see the combi tool for dusting and upholstery is in play for this model.  From what I read, it uses type "S" bags which, if the equivalent of the "S" bags sold here is a little too small. 

As I haven't seen it elsewhere on the Electrolux websites, country to country, I wonder if Australia is serving as a test market of sorts.  I don't know how much of a contender Electrolux is within our vacuum market but would it muck up things if they introduced the re-spin here?  That said, there appears to be plenty of the EL6988 and Oxygen 3 models around here in the U.S. though I am more aware of them online than in stores other than chains like Lowes and PC Richard.

Thanks,

Venson

This message was modified Feb 19, 2010 by Venson
Venson

Reply #21   Oct 30, 2010 2:44 pm
vacmanuk wrote:

Image "...Sure, Dustbusters and other cordless mini vacuum cleaners are useful but they’re horrendously noisy and they only give you 5 minutes of vacuuming on a charge. Enter the Miele Hybrid Vacuum Cleaner (warning very painful Flash site), a home vacuum cleaner that can run on mains or battery power. The cleaner is a bag-filtered, 1,800W cleaner with a 9 levels of air cleaning, and a built-in attachment caddy around the hose base..." (www.redferret.com)

"...The Miele Hybrid is equipped with a special engine that operates on two power sources: mains operation and battery operation. Draw with or without cable Automatic changeover without interruption of engine operation when the battery cable is disconnected with Non Stop Service..." (www.appliancist.com)

"...
The lightweight Li-Ion batteries can power the vacuum for 20 minutes (it is 1,800W remember) which Miele reckon is enough to do 100 steps, 80m² or 22 small incidents. The battery recharges whenever the cleaner is plugged in, will fully recharge in 3 hours and are good for 10 years. Sounds perfect for kid-ravaged households and cleaning up the car..." (again, www.appliancist.com)

So the latest from Miele is a standard S4 cylinder with a battery pack underneath. I like the application.

Hi,

Didn't want to get things all muddled threadwise but speaking of battery-operated vacuums what has happened with this machine? I've heard no word of it here in the States yet.

Venson
vacmanuk

Reply #22   Oct 30, 2010 5:19 pm
Hey Venson
I think it will be in the States soon but possibly either around Christmas time or Jan/Feb for the U.S. Miele are having to change the battery type fit for U.S.
vacmanuk

Reply #23   Oct 30, 2010 6:02 pm
I knew TTi would eventually produce the same excellent Vax Mach Air series. Just found it on Wal Mart. This is the exactly the same model we have in the UK. You guys know it as the Hoover Windtunnel Air Multi Cyclonic UH70400. The difference is the rear hose fits to the left hand side on this Hoover compared to the central rear release on the Vax.

This message was modified Nov 1, 2010 by vacmanuk
vacmanuk

Reply #24   Nov 11, 2010 11:12 pm
http://www.hoover.com/product.aspx?model=UH70400&ds=false

This gives a superb intro, use and general maintenance idea to what the new Hoover Windtunnel Air offers.
CarmineD

Reply #25   Nov 12, 2010 7:09 am
vacmanuk wrote:
http://www.hoover.com/product.aspx?model=UH70400&ds=false

This gives a superb intro, use and general maintenance idea to what the new Hoover Windtunnel Air offers.

Not bad for a model that has been around since 1997/8.  Surely a signature model for the HOOVER brand.

Carmine D.

vacmanuk

Reply #26   Nov 12, 2010 8:05 am
CarmineD wrote:
Not bad for a model that has been around since 1997/8.  Surely a signature model for the HOOVER brand.

Carmine D.

1997/98? I thought this was a new upright from Hoover? It's a TTi model, Carmine 2009 model year from Vax.
CarmineD

Reply #27   Nov 12, 2010 9:04 am
vacmanuk wrote:
1997/98? I thought this was a new upright from Hoover? It's a TTi model, Carmine 2009 model year from Vax.

You're right on this particular model.  I'm referring to the HOOVER Windtunnel technology which spawned the first model name and continues on since.  A model name and technology that has endured and flourished for HOOVER for many years first with HOOVER, then under Maytag, then Whirlpool and now with TTI.  A signature model name for the HOOVER brand.

Carmine D.

retardturtle1

Reply #28   Nov 12, 2010 5:49 pm
CarmineD wrote:
You're right on this particular model.  I'm referring to the HOOVER Windtunnel technology which spawned the first model name and continues on since.  A model name and technology that has endured and flourished for HOOVER for many years first with HOOVER, then under Maytag, then Whirlpool and now with TTI.  A signature model name for the HOOVER brand.

Carmine D.

Hi Carmine

Hard to beat hoover wt tech in a can ......a true beast....

turtle

vacmanuk

Reply #29   Jan 2, 2011 11:34 pm
Latest Hoover UK/Italy news; The new Robocom - Hoover's answer to Roomba in two versions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiUSMqn1Qu8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjmV23QXtOE

English user manual: http://www.hoover.it/Novita/robocom/48002490_english.pdf

CarmineD

Reply #30   Jan 3, 2011 7:12 am
HAPPY NEW YEAR VAcmanUK:

Saw this latest HOOVER at a USA retailer recently and was impressed.  Not on the HOOVER Web site yet. 

Carmine D.

Hoover® HEPA Shoulder Vacuum

View 1 Product
Hoover® HEPA Shoulder Vacuum
View 1 Product
Hoover Lightweight BackPack Vacuum Cleaners Provide Serious Cleaning Power On The Go.

Weighs only 9.2 lbs! This Hoover vacuum cleaner provides 120 CFM air flow using a 2-stage, 8.5 Amp motor. The 6.4 quart capacity tank has a clear dome lid for instant debris inspection. Click for more

Venson

Reply #31   Jan 3, 2011 8:10 am
Hi Carmine,

If I'm correct, this is merely a re-brandingof the Royal MRY001.  Royal, a holding of "Big Daddy" TTI I believe, has had this machine out for a long while but I suspect that someone feels it will move better on the market under the Hoober name.

http://www.royalvacuums.com/Commercial/BackPackVacuums/MRY4001.aspx

Venson

CarmineD

Reply #32   Jan 3, 2011 8:23 am
Venson wrote:
Hi Carmine,

If I'm correct, this is merely a re-brandingof the Royal MRY001.  Royal, a holding of "Big Daddy" TTI I believe, has had this machine out for a long while but I suspect that someone feels it will move better on the market under the Hoober name.

http://www.royalvacuums.com/Commercial/BackPackVacuums/MRY4001.aspx

Venson

You're right Venson.  Thanks.  Same same.  With TTI owning both Royal/Dirt Devil and HOOVER in concert, easy to go back and forth between brand names and target retailers for sales venue based on the brand names that are more likely to sell.

Interestingly the standard dirt containment on these back packs is a cloth bag.  Paper inserts are available as an option. 

Carmine D.

Venson

Reply #33   Jan 3, 2011 6:46 pm
Hi,

I was in BestBuy and got to see Bissell and Eureka's latest vac ideas.  Unfortunately, that turned out to be three bagless canister vacs.  These machines use collection cassetes instead of bags.  Sorry, couldn't think of a better term.  This not a new idea but last time I saw it employed the manufacturer offered it as an alternative choice for a michine designed to use either the plastic collection bin or regular disposable bags.  Dust is collected inside this box which fits into what would be the bag chamber.  Eureka's spin uses a pleated filter.  Both Bissells use a flat filter that composes one wall of the dust container.

The idea, same as usual, is bagless and cheap.  The 12 amp Eureka "Complete Clean 955A" has the advantage as the 150 bucks asked gets you at least an electric power nozzle.  Both of Bissell's cans are referred to ass cyclonic.  One also prices at $150.00 as Eureka was, comes with only a straight-suction floor tool with the same dumb flip-down velcro lint picker they hooked onto one of their "pet style" uprights.  The lesser model has just a regular rug and floor tool without the doo-dad.  Why Bissell bothered I don't know.  They have two bagged vacs higher the line (very similar to the GE vac Carmine posted about a year ago.

The dumbest thing is that my local BestBuy still allows the help to use display vacs for store clean-uo.  Thus, even the least savvy of customers will see that the collection bin idea doesn't work very well when they open the cleaner for a closer look as I did.  BestBuy should think about this as, in this case, it won't do to give suckers an even break if they want to sell these infernal things.

http://www.bissell.com/canister-vacuums/

http://www.eureka.com/Complete-Clean-955A-canister-vacuum

Venson
Venson

Reply #34   Jan 3, 2011 6:51 pm
CarmineD wrote:
. . . Interestingly the standard dirt containment on these back packs is a cloth bag.  Paper inserts are available as an option. 

Carmine D.

Cloth bags probably provide economic appeal to commercial users and some regular home users who feel "commercial" appliances will endure longer.  Those wonderful Royal all-metal uprights still offer the option of plain old "shake out" bags as well as regular paper and disposable HEPA bags.

Venson
This message was modified Jan 3, 2011 by Venson
CarmineD

Reply #35   Jan 3, 2011 8:11 pm
Venson wrote:
Hi,

I was in BestBuy and got to see Bissell and Eureka's latest vac ideas.  Unfortunately, that turned out to be three bagless canister vacs.  These machines use collection cassetes instead of bags.  Sorry, couldn't think of a better term.  This not a new idea but last time I saw it employed the manufacturer offered it as an alternative choice for a michine designed to use either the plastic collection bin or regular disposable bags.  Dust is collected inside this box which fits into what would be the bag chamber.  Eureka's spin uses a pleated filter.  Both Bissells use a flat filter that composes one wall of the dust container.

The idea, same as usual, is bagless and cheap.  The 12 amp Eureka "Complete Clean 955A" has the advantage as the 150 bucks asked gets you at least an electric power nozzle.  Both of Bissell's cans are referred to ass cyclonic.  One also prices at $150.00 as Eureka was, comes with only a straight-suction floor tool with the same dumb flip-down velcro lint picker they hooked onto one of their "pet style" uprights.  The lesser model has just a regular rug and floor tool without the doo-dad.  Why Bissell bothered I don't know.  They have two bagged vacs higher the line (very similar to the GE vac Carmine posted about a year ago.

The dumbest thing is that my local BestBuy still allows the help to use display vacs for store clean-uo.  Thus, even the least savvy of customers will see that the collection bin idea doesn't work very well when they open the cleaner for a closer look as I did.  BestBuy should think about this as, in this case, it won't do to give suckers an even break if they want to sell these infernal things.

http://www.bissell.com/canister-vacuums/

http://www.eureka.com/Complete-Clean-955A-canister-vacuum

Venson

Hi Venson:

Slightly off the subject of vacuums, WRT BEST BUY, prelim reports of holiday sales for the retailer are dismal.  One of the few if only which did not see year over year sales and profit increases for the all important holiday sales season.  After experiencing an up tick in sales with the shuttering of Circuit City stores and Linens-n-things, BEST BUY is struggling to compete with other retailers and has lost substantial market share to its industry big box store competitors.  Sure more info will come out soon.  But not good for BEST BUY stores and its management.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #36   Jan 3, 2011 8:13 pm
Venson wrote:
Cloth bags probably provide economic appeal to commercial users and some regular home users who feel "commercial" appliances will endure longer.  Those wonderful Royal all-metal uprights still offer the option of plain old "shake out" bags as well as regular paper and disposable HEPA bags.

Venson

Wholeheartedly agree.  Cloth is making a comeback.  Thanks in no small part to bagless.

Carmine D.

vacmanuk

Reply #37   Jan 3, 2011 9:07 pm
CarmineD

Reply #38   Jan 4, 2011 7:29 am
USA version of Eureka Complete Clean bagless canister 955A:  But I suspect at 12 amps USA rated that the USA wattage is less than the UK/European models.

Carmine D.

Complete Clean | 955A

Complete Clean | 955A
Venson

Reply #39   Jan 5, 2011 1:33 pm
Hi Carmine,

Maybe you can check this out if youi've time.

LG is debuting a line of smart appliances that employ LG "Thinq" technology.  The pitch is that you can hook up online for diagnostics AND that you can also control your LG fridge, washing machine, oven and robotic vacuum cleaner with your smart phone while you out of the house.

The debut is this January 6th to 9th at the 2011 International Consumer Electronics Show being held in none other than Las Vegas. 

http://ww.lgnewsroom.com/

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/lg-debuts-new-home-appliances-with-latest-smart-features-core-technologies-at-ces-2011-112941054.html

Best,

Venson

This message was modified Jan 5, 2011 by Venson
CarmineD

Reply #40   Jan 5, 2011 3:49 pm
Hi venson:

I'll see what I can find out.....more than likely I'll email you offline with my results.  Thanks for posting.  Life's Good.  Especially in Las Vegas.  The biggest problem I have with LG is its use of sub contractors for doing authorized warranty work here in Nevada.  Obviously, the LG/warranty response, wait time and service is horrendous.  At least in Nevada.  While I like their appliances and the brand, the lack of serious customer service concerns in Nevada is a huge shortcoming.  [For me]. 

Carmine D.

vacmanuk

Reply #41   Aug 11, 2011 1:59 pm
The latest from Hoover SPA/Candy which is shortly to be launched in some European countries & the UK - seems like Hoover cant get rid of their established names. First came "Purepower" cylinder/canister vacuums that already takes the name from the bagged upright vacuums, and now Turbopower is back in the form of "Turbo Power," bagless upright vacuums: UTP1610 (in blue) and UTP1605 (in red.)
I'm pretty sure it's based on a Dirt Devil - the front floor head is very similar - but Hoover UK/Candy are not owned by TTI - but merely from time to time have Dirt Devil (U.S) models instead of paying in-house to produce their own designs. Still, it's good that Hoover UK are moving forward.

vacmanuk

Reply #42   Sep 11, 2011 10:06 am
New from Morphy Richards UK is a bagless upright that reminds me very much of a robot and not very pretty on the eye. Is there a U.S equivalent? Here it's called "Clarity.

See video at http://www.flixfacts.com/view/mediaplayer/?l=en&demo=0&d=2136&f=morphy_richards-5011832034649&p=20722&g=&txt=&cp=no&btg=MS5&t=fl&tag=1
This message was modified Sep 11, 2011 by vacmanuk
Venson

Reply #43   Sep 18, 2011 12:19 am
vacmanuk wrote:

Hi,

There's a similar machine being put out by Shark (Euro Pro) under the name of the Navigator Lift-Away. The model number is 352 I think.

I've demoed the prior Navigator model which sold with a seven-year guarantee. As with the first Navigator, this machine is probably best bought when you can find it priced around $130.00.

Venson
vacmanuk

Reply #44   Sep 19, 2011 5:39 pm
Ah, that figures - in the past, Euro Shark/Shark have used Morphy Richards vacuums as their own.
vacmanuk

Reply #45   Jan 21, 2012 3:19 pm
A newish model from Vorwerk, the Kobold 140. Obviously designed to compete with the simpler, older Sebo Felix.

vorwerk-kobold-vk140-vacuum.jpg

vorwerk-kobold-vk140-chair.jpg

vorwerk-kobold-hd-hard-floor-brush.jpg

vorwerk-kobold-vk140-laptop-cleaning.jpg

vacmanuk

Reply #46   Jan 21, 2012 3:32 pm
Also Hoover UK have at last brought out the Robo Com2 robotic vacuum cleaner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4UBTOqtUmQ

Venson

Reply #47   Jan 21, 2012 5:03 pm
vacmanuk wrote:
A newish model from Vorwerk, the Kobold 140. Obviously designed to compete with the simpler, older Sebo Felix.

Hi,

This URL shows a newer machine but a near approximate to what they started with in the U.S. I think as far back as the 1960's.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=zTKtQzmVKYo

Vorwerk never appeared to be taken as a serious candidate in the vacuum market here.  From what I've seen while looking around they have some sort of connection with the Lux International people and market in many places  in Asia.  To what success I do not know.  The model you've posted also has a head for polishing, etc., as does the Felix.

Venson

This message was modified Jan 21, 2012 by Venson
vacmanuk

Reply #48   Jan 21, 2012 5:17 pm
Lordy and I thought using the Sebo Felix as a canister was difficult!
DC18

Dyson, Sebo and Bissell user

Reply #49   Jan 22, 2012 6:13 am
Hi Vacmanuk Just wondered if you have used the 'newer' bags on the Felix? I'm still using the paper ones and wondered how much better if the 'newer' felix bags are? You you know if they will be replacing the paper ones on the X Series? Thanks DC18
vacmanuk

Reply #50   Jan 22, 2012 9:30 am
DC18 wrote:
Hi Vacmanuk Just wondered if you have used the 'newer' bags on the Felix? I'm still using the paper ones and wondered how much better if the 'newer' felix bags are? You you know if they will be replacing the paper ones on the X Series? Thanks DC18

Hi DC - Happy New Year!
Well funnily enough! I bought a new SEBO K1 at Christmas there to replace the K3 Premium. I just don't like the K3P at all - the short hose is a nuisance and the heavy electric head is also far too heavy. I can see the thrill of U.S buyers preferring powered canisters, having trialled that new Wertheim model that QVC/IdealTV were doing - because its electric floor head is lighter - but it's too noisy and the external cords fixed to the telescopic height adjuster pipes is also something I'm not keen on. Anyway, the seller from EBAY also sent me two lots of free dust bags too - and one of them being a pack of the wrong machine type - they turned out to be none other than the soft synthetic bags for the Felix! I know that SEBO have improved the Felix motor by making it quieter but just wish the air thrust from the exhaust filter could be lower- perhaps the new motor has alleviated this, I don't know. Sadly though DC, my old Felix is still using the paper dust bag when it was put in early November, so I won't be able to tell you how the white bag will be doing until it's probably fitted in March.

The new Felix dust bags however aren't as expensive as I thought they would be - there's a UK seller on EBAY who is pricing them just below £10 for 7 or 8? Again, it's cheaper than Miele's 4 in a box.

I think SEBO have trialled the same material for the X, but they haven't released any to sell yet. As far as I'm aware the synthetic is very expensive and I think SEBO would probably try to achieve a good price rather than something that's too expensive.

What I can report is that when I got the K1 out of the box, it came with 2 free dust bags - and those were synthetic types. Very happy with the one that's in it at the moment and it seems to keep back pet hair smells better than the paper ones. SEBO are now making both the synthetic types, standard for both the Felix and K.
This message was modified Jan 22, 2012 by vacmanuk
DC18

Reply #51   Jan 22, 2012 10:41 am
vacmanuk wrote:
Hi DC - Happy New Year!
Well funnily enough! I bought a new SEBO K1 at Christmas there to replace the K3 Premium. I just don't like the K3P at all - the short hose is a nuisance and the heavy electric head is also far too heavy. I can see the thrill of U.S buyers preferring powered canisters, having trialled that new Wertheim model that QVC/IdealTV were doing - because its electric floor head is lighter - but it's too noisy and the external cords fixed to the telescopic height adjuster pipes is also something I'm not keen on. Anyway, the seller from EBAY also sent me two lots of free dust bags too - and one of them being a pack of the wrong machine type - they turned out to be none other than the soft synthetic bags for the Felix! I know that SEBO have improved the Felix motor by making it quieter but just wish the air thrust from the exhaust filter could be lower- perhaps the new motor has alleviated this, I don't know. Sadly though DC, my old Felix is still using the paper dust bag when it was put in early November, so I won't be able to tell you how the white bag will be doing until it's probably fitted in March.

The new Felix dust bags however aren't as expensive as I thought they would be - there's a UK seller on EBAY who is pricing them just below £10 for 7 or 8? Again, it's cheaper than Miele's 4 in a box.

I think SEBO have trialled the same material for the X, but they haven't released any to sell yet. As far as I'm aware the synthetic is very expensive and I think SEBO would probably try to achieve a good price rather than something that's too expensive.

What I can report is that when I got the K1 out of the box, it came with 2 free dust bags - and those were synthetic types. Very happy with the one that's in it at the moment and it seems to keep back pet hair smells better than the paper ones. SEBO are now making both the synthetic types, standard for both the Felix and K.

Hi vacmanuk Happy New Year too. Thanks for the info, I've seen the Wertheim not a bad vacuum! I do like the look of SEBO K1 compact canister. Let me know how you get on with the synthetic bag when you come to fit one in your Felix. I've just put a new paper bag in my Felix after 4 months, wasn't quite full but I changed it, still have another 8 or 9 paper bags to go before i need to buy anymore! I also put one of them SEBO fresh capsules in the bag which emit a nice fresh smell! Interesting to know about the synthetic bag in your new K1 keeping pet smells back as I will be getting a puppy soon and was thinking of getting the pre-motor with charcoal filter for my Felix to help with this. Have to say the bags do last a while on the SEBO Vacs. It good to know that SEBO may have trialled these new synthetic bags with the X Series, thinking may upgrade to the X Series. Do you think the SEBO X Series is better than the Miele S7 series? I went to see the new Dyson Ball machines yesterday at my local Electrical Store, they look impressive but on the Uprights the brush bar still is not a patch on the SEBO's, and the DC41 has slightly longer bristles than the slightly smaller DC40! I must admit that having always been a Dyson Fan in the past, I do like there technologydesign but having tried and own a SEBO Felix this just grooms and cleans the carpets better, the machine is just quality. Just wish the felix had a light weight build in wand like the X Series!! Thanks again for the info. DC18
vacmanuk

Reply #52   Jan 22, 2012 9:12 pm
Well, I've already done a video about my Miele S6240 Ecoline and I'm about to do one on the Felix.

Hey - did you know John Lewis are now selling an X4 Excel? Same model, different colour (blue and silver):

Since you're the Dyson fan - can you confirm whether a Dyson upright could ever pick up coins and bolts through its floor head? I've never tried in fear of it breaking. I know that both the X and Felix can, and has done whenever I've cleaned homes with them.

The problem with the X series is that there is no manual switch off beater bar - that comes down to the Felix or the powered K3 Vulcano which has a longer hose than the Premium model. But when it comes to daily cleaning I use the X series above anything else - small clean ups either with the canister or the Felix. The Felix is more apt for a small flat or kitchen duty with its top hose and roller brush stop function. Plus, the tools are always ready to hand and the Felix gets around chair legs and slides under with no problems. The X series does have a problem with very thick carpeting. I have wool and thick wool looped carpeting and my X doesn't get confused - but a few owners of really thick carpeting (you could lose a pen or pencil in for example) have had problems with the X series.

Aside from that I just don't like the Miele S7 at all - it's too big, bulky and for all that it is blessed with variable suction control, the size of the machine put me off straight away. If you've got a mansion of home, the S7 will feel quite at home, however. I was given a demo model and only kept it for 6 months, selling it off the moment I could. I found it hard to vacuum up quickly despite its power - and having to manually step on the pedal to elevate the floor head on and off different height rugs really annoyed me no end - as you know with the X's the auto head adjustment does all that work for you, but you have to give it a couple of seconds each time to sense the floor nap.

Gaining access into the brush head is also a bit of a nuisance with the S7 - it doesn't have a brush roll release like the Sebo. I would strongly recommend getting the X1.1 which is just as good as the X4 but has lower power. In each case I haven't noticed much of a difference, really and a good bargain to be had with many owners getting rid of their X1.1's for the more modern looking X4.

Whereas the S7 is more modern, full of little modern features, has a wonderful hose and height adjustable tubes, it is bigger, bulkier and can be difficult to maintain. The dust bag door is also pretty thin on quality compared to Sebo's X which is simpler and ultimately, faster at pick up (I find anyway!).
DC18

Reply #53   Jan 23, 2012 4:03 pm
I think I saw that youtube video, look forward to seeing the Felix one! Yes I did meant to say, I saw it in a John Lewis Home Store just after Christmas, John Lewis said it replaces the X4 Blue and Yellow Model same model but as you say just different colour, and new name!! They where selling off the old stock of the Extra but was only £10 or so cheaper! I can say from the Dyson's I did own, I've vacuumed up coin and nails and it never effected them. Nothing broke at all, I done that with the DC04, DC07 and DC15. Even done this with the DC05. The DC04 it 'clattered' around a bit first. Thanks for your info and views on the SEBO X and Miele S7 much appreciated. I know what you mean about the S7 I tried on in John Lewis, big and heavy. Miele are offering 10 year warranty on all S7 purchased before 31st March 2012 via claim online! I wish the SEBO X would have variable suction control and brushbeater bar switch off. That would take it to a new level in terms of versatility Must admit the Felix is very flexible, and lies flat which Dyson Uprights don't (well the DC03 did!!) to get under furniture. Not everyone wants to get the hose and attachments out every time when just doing a general clean! The SEBO X does look easy to maintain (self maintenance) and cheaper to run and maintain compared to the Miele S7. Now you say the X1.1 looks a good choice as I now have the extension hose for my Felix which should fit the X. The X would be ok on my carpets. The only negative I tend to read about the X is using the hose for stairs or above floor cleaning the machine can tend to tip over, that doesn't put me off! There is some bargains sometimes on ebay for the X! I emailed SEBO last year to say I'm very impressed with their vacuums and think they are so underrated and need to be promoted more. I had a nice reply back from them. Whats your view on the filtration between the X and S7? Loads of reviews and opinions say the S7 has better filtration than the X. But I always thought the SEBO X (and all other SEBO's) had outstanding filtration, hospital standard!?
vacmanuk

Reply #54   Jan 24, 2012 12:55 am
Thanks for letting me know you saw the video. I'm useless when it comes to talking...I do writing so much better!

Well... the X series basic microfilter doesn't do well with pet hair -the Charcoal filter is so much better and keeps back the odour.

A few years ago I picked up what I thought was suspicious just from the cheap price of a badly abused Sebo X4 from Gumtree in Edinburgh. The seller was a bit alarmed when I innocently asked if I could switch it on at first and when I did, by golly the smell of dog that came out of it was appalling. I eventually haggled and got the price down from £70 to £40 because of the smell. The owner had had the Sebo for at least 4 years and it had barely been cleaned internally. It took me about a week to clean out the X internally and the hose had to be replaced as the old one just stank too much and I suspect at some point, excrement had been picked up that had been wedged into the coils of the hose.

For a year the X4 had to have a Charcoal filter fitted - even after my expert cleaning and taking apart everything, the X4 still had an aura of dog emanating through it. Now, 2 years on since purchase and with a microfilter fitted, the X4 no longer smells of dog, but fresh clean expelled air comes into the room after vacuuming. I think the machine just needed a year with a Charcoal fitted and a new hose to get a nice smell from it - and SEBO hoses are hardly expensive if you consider Ebay! Compared to the S7 where you have the option to upgrade the simpler Super Air Clean to Active AIr Clean or HEPA (and I'll point out that the AAC filter is made for pets and smokers and does well enough without having to buy the more expensive HEPA) the free Super Air clean copes until three or four of the dust bags are used and then a dank smell comes out of the machine. If you are a pet owner, the charcoal filters on both the S7 and X are crucial.

The S7 is a fantastic vacuum - if you have all day to clean and a slow life - but as I said previously, it is bulky (and you've found that out yourself) and some of the parts and design are questionable for what you've shelled out for. Now for stair cleaning with the X series, if there's a main step where the X can sit against, it can use that step as a stabiliser whilst you stretch the extension hose and put the hard end into the straight X wand. The beauty of the hose is that you can actually let the extension drop around the base of the X and curve it around - this seems to give a bottom weight to the hose in use and prevents the Sebo from falling over as much. You're only losing a couple of inches of stretch but the extension hose will pull out quite well - I find anyway and I have a 10 year old extension hose!

Where warranties are concerned, I will warn you now that Miele UK don't always stand by their guarantee and the S7 had initial quality problems when it first landed in the UK. Also we never had a guarantee with our old X1 Automatic Grey and black model that went for 15 years of utterly reliable service until I had to replace one other drive belt that was utterly my fault when the original one broke (another model worth looking out but only struggles if you fit a pet hair turbo brush on the end of the hose as the motor lacks the stepped gearbox that the more modern X1.1 and X4/X5 has that won't shut off automatically - also avoid the white X1 Automatic as it only has 850 watts and can struggle towards the end of the bag with poor suction.)

Whatever current X model you choose, it is simpler and faster to use, even if you have to give it a couple of seconds for it to adjust to the floor. If you don't, it won't pick up the first time when moving forward, but thereafter as it senses and adjusts automatically, it will pick up. Compared to the Felix, I prefer using the X for above the floor cleaning and carpet care - the Felix is a great kitchen/small flat vac that I've always kept by. Sorry this answer is so elaborate but I feel it's important given the prices of the S7 and X.

Personally though, if you're happy with your Felix, why would you want to change to an X?? I will admit that when I bought the Felix, I also bought a spare plastic handled wand from an Ebay seller. I figured that it would be more practical to keep both the extension hose and the spare wand - and I was proved right. Although SEBO produce a straight plastic tube which in theory gives the Felix extended reach, the X wand with a handle is so much more comfortable as well as pretty ideal for inserting excess hose into and then using the wand to point and suck up dust.
This message was modified Jan 24, 2012 by vacmanuk
DC18

Reply #55   Jan 24, 2012 6:08 pm
Your welcome, sometimes talking is not always necessary the video was fine. Thanks for the tip regarding the micro filter and pet hair, might upgrade my Felix with the Charcoal Filter as I'm, getting a puppy soon! That was a very good bargain you got on that X4, good for you. Your hard work paid off then clean 'smelling' X4 in good working order. It amazes me now how some people treat vacuum cleaners even today and the state they can get in and what they use them to pickup, and they still expect them to work 100% without any TLC! Glad you rescued that X4! Its good that the Charcoal filter removed the animal smells so you could fit the standard micro filter again. I like the idea you can upgrade and or down grade (if you can call it that!) the filters on the SEBO & Miele vacuums I like that idea, you can not do that on a Dyson (although most of the newer models come with HEPA filters as standard). Yes I did find the S7 big, heavy and bulky but sort of light to use. I agree some of the parts like the bag compartment door is flimsy compared to the SEBO X one. Thats a very good tip on stair cleaning with the X thanks for that tip. Must remember that if I get one! Thanks for the heads up regarding Miele warranty good to get another opinion for someone else. Thats what I like about the SEBO they seen to last and are built to with out any problems, or minimal. Thats good to know about the X1, thought that had a 1000 watt motor! Yes I agree the X is a simpler easy to use and quick, I thought that when I tested one in John Lewis. I noticed that when I was testing the X with the automatic height adjuster. I do love my Felix but I miss not having a full size vacuum so to speak that has a flexible hose connected to a wand to do quick above floor cleaning thats where the X appeals to me. I have thought about buying a straight wand for the Felix now I have the extension hose but its the fact i would have to get that attachment out to use it where as the X wand and hose are there to hand!
vacmanuk

Reply #56   Jan 24, 2012 11:03 pm
Well, when my video about the Felix is being done, it will be shown with the extension hose and a few optional accessories I find better to use for my cleaning needs. Good luck with whatever you choose - just remember the original all white X1 Automatic has an 850 watt model, the rarer grey/black floor head model has 1000 watts. The latter one at 1000 watts is better value on power but again if need to use a mini turbo brush, the more modern X1.1 and X4 are a better bet. Like you, I'd also like to see a variable suction dial and a brush on/off function with the X series. I've mentioned it, I've emailed the company but they're happy with the X range and may well be renamed "Classic" in later years if they do try out a newer more modern upright vac. When you see the D series against the Miele S5 cylinder/canister, Sebo will get there in the end to produce something a bit more modern, but it's all a question of when...
DC18

Reply #57   Jan 25, 2012 2:47 pm
Look forward to seeing your Felix video. Thanks and thanks again for the tips on the SEBO X series probably go for the X1.1 or the X4! That would be nice to see the X series updated to have variable suction dial and to turn the brush bar onoff, may be they will in time. Unless they see the Felix as a modern version of the X! May be they have an X replacement in the pipe line but like you say a question of when! Or may be they do not! It good to speak to another SEBO fan there doesn't seem many of us, like I said to SEBO UK the brand is so unrated and need to be promoted more IMO! Be interesting to see what SEBO will do if this european law comes in with regards to limiting motor wattage!
DC18

Reply #58   Jan 25, 2012 3:06 pm
By the way the 'new' motors in the Felix you mentioned do you know when they launch? Are they planning a new Felix Line up or just fitting the new motor to the current range do you know?
vacmanuk

Reply #59   Jan 26, 2012 10:48 am
The current 2012 models on sale now definately have the upgraded motor - earlier 2011 models may well have them too. Apparently they are a little quieter, but more importantly don't produce much air thrust.
vacmanuk

Reply #60   Feb 1, 2012 5:23 pm
vacmanuk wrote:
The current 2012 models on sale now definately have the upgraded motor - earlier 2011 models may well have them too. Apparently they are a little quieter, but more importantly don't produce much air thrust.

Just been alerted to day that the only way of identifying the new models is if you remove the filter at the bottom of the bin and shine a torch into the motor vent - older Felix motors use Ametek Italia motors - the newer ones dont have anything written on them other than B/S/H written to the side. UK bound models may have new serial numbers that begin with "X" or "Y".
vacmanuk

Reply #61   Feb 8, 2012 6:42 pm
Panasonic have at last updated some of their bagged upright vacuums, but this model uses a 3.5 litre dust bag and is priced close to the SEBO Felix:

Panasonic MC-UG614:
5.9Kg
Swivel head and 2 motor system.
7 metre cord
Tool kit
Mini turbo brush
hard floor to carpet adjuster/on/off.
3.5 litre capacity bag, 1900 watt, 250 air watts (Claimed).

I demo'd one in the John Lewis where they are selling and it's a good-ish model. Has variable suction on the handle just like the Felix. Difficult to get around furniture due to its 14" floor head though.

Moderator Mike_W

"There is no BEST or PERFECT vacuum cleaner"

"Take care of your vacuum, then your vacuum will take care of you"

Reply #62   Feb 9, 2012 4:15 am
We have had this vacuum, under the Kenmore name, for over a year and a half now.  I see they did not even bother to change the color for the UK.  This is a very good vacuum cleaner.  I like the full-sized power nozzle.  No one can call it a wimpy power nozzle.  It cleans both carpeting and floors very well.  When the machine first came out, I thought they should have put an attachment port where the "cleanout" port was.  Well, it looks like someone listened to me, but only on the UK machines. 

Putting a fold down handle on it, would not have hurt either

Sears is offering this vacuum at a very good price.  Before the Glide was even available, it started at about $200.00.  But  like I said back then, " prices will drop as the product has been around for a while."

For what it is, it is a very good vacuum cleaner.  It is not loud by no means, but I could say that it is louder than a HOOVER Windtunnel Air. But then look at the differences, in size, of the motors, in the nozzles.   It would be fine for someone who lives in a small place like a loft or studio apartment, who does somewhat limited vacuuming.  It could be used as an "in between vacuuming" vacuum, when all you want to do is run the machine over the carpeting in the middle of the week or more. 
vacmanuk

Reply #63   Feb 9, 2012 7:43 am
I like the design, Mike but what I don't like are the separate attachments. Clearly it would have added weight had Panasonic fitted them to the back of the model. For the UK price putting it into direct line with the Sebo Felix, I was also surprised to find the Panasonic doesn't have a long cord attached to it. It wouldn't have added weight had Panasonic fitted a slide in, slide out stabiliser at least - there is one but you have to manually fit it each time you want to use the hose, another fitting that has to be manually added.
DC18

Reply #64   Feb 9, 2012 5:24 pm
Think I would still prefer my SEBO Felix over the Panasonic! DC18
vacmanuk

Reply #65   Feb 21, 2012 1:50 pm
DC18 wrote:

Our tumble dryer went on the blink recently so the Felix came into its own for sucking out all the dirt and giving me one quarter space left in the paper dust bag. I've since removed the paper dust bag and started using one of the synthetic dust bags just to see what it's like. As you know, the Felix dust bags have sealable caps that you can actually reopen, so I'll use the paper bag next time when it comes to cleaning out other people's home to finish it off. Already the new synthetic bag has been used for containing sucked up pet hair - the filtration aspects are better - and one of the biggest shocks is that when I increase the suction slider for the motor on the handle, the bag doesn't register "half full" like the paper bag. Nothing at all registers for the moment!
DC18

Reply #66   Feb 21, 2012 4:55 pm
Hi vacmanuk thanks for the info on the SEBO Felix synthetic bags. Thats great to hear the filtration is better on the synthetic bags compared to the paper ones. Interesting to know that the new type bags don't register half full when power is increased, that is a surprise! Also be interesting to see if suction remains 100% as the synthetic bag gets full, as I notice a slight drop on my felix as the paper bag fills up which is understandable. Can't wait to get and try some of these new bags, might not bother getting the charcoal pre-motor filter just try these new type bags. Still got 7 or so paper bags to use yet though! Might still buy a box though! Have you seen the new SEBO Felix on the SEBO German website, Felix Crystal? Looks fab, I'm liking that. Wonder if that will appear in the UK!? DC18
vacmanuk

Reply #67   Feb 22, 2012 6:53 am
Yep, have seen the Swakovski edition already - wouldn't be a bad idea just to order the waist sleeve and put it on a Felix Pet and then hide it away for many years : ) That's if you can afford the initial pay out.
vacmanuk

Reply #68   Feb 28, 2012 1:26 pm
New Felix edition colour to be launched to celebrate our British Queen's jubilee, the Felix Royale.

Andy

Reply #69   Mar 16, 2012 3:32 am
Vacmanuk,

Will Felix Royale be available in other countries?

Andy
Moderator Mike_W

"There is no BEST or PERFECT vacuum cleaner"

"Take care of your vacuum, then your vacuum will take care of you"

Reply #70   Mar 17, 2012 4:21 am
I see this SEBO Felix "Royale" only being available in the UK.  It is a design the UK can take pride in and is made for that purpose.  They are celebrating a special time.  It really would not work in a country like the USA.  The same could be said about American brands, which have the U.S. flag design/colors in the vacuum cleaner, in other countries.  In 1976, American companies celebrated 200 years of independence in the USA.  Companies like HOOVER had vacuum cleaners with "USA" colors and/or design on the vacuum cleaner.
Another vacuum would be ORECK.  ORECK w/their choice of red/white/blue hood and "American Heritage" on the bag.

I do not see SEBO marketing this particular Felix in the USA.  What they could do is market a Felix in the USA, w/the "USA" colors and/or "U.S. Flag" design.  All they would have to do is come up w/a fabric design.  They could introduce this special "USA" model on the anniversary of SEBO's entry into the U.S. market.
This message was modified Mar 17, 2012 by Mike_W
vacmanuk

Reply #71   Mar 25, 2012 5:45 am
For the moment it has only been released to celebrate both our Queen's Jubilee year and of course our impending Olympics. I don't see why it wouldn't be a success in the USA. After all, the Americans have gone mad for British Union Jack flag transfers on MINI cars. If the exhaust filter cover was available as a separate issue, you could just buy that and adorn it to a Felix Rosso, since that model is also red. I like the idea of the Stars and Stripes being displayed as a separate model too. You never know, SEBO aren't a company who follow other brands that much, so the exhaust filter cover/waist wrap may well become an optional cover. This is the company who make airbelt covers for their canisters with pink or blue elephants on a blue/pink background!

There's also a black model with Swarovski crystals embedded in the waist cover. This model comes from Germany, in terms of its market. Known as SEBO FELIX 1 Premium Crystal

TotalVac

Reply #72   Mar 30, 2012 11:41 am
Our course we need vacuums with Swarovski crystals on them! That makes them better at cleaning, right? I don't think I ever imagined a world where we had to put "bling" on our vacuums.
vacmanuk

Reply #73   Apr 1, 2012 11:53 am
Im pretty sure it's not been the first time. After all, Miele made that anniversary S4 Gold painted cylinder vac a couple of years ago. It was around the £300 and now on Amazon for £250 or thereabouts.

vacmanuk

Reply #74   Apr 10, 2012 10:05 pm
DC18 wrote:
Hi vacmanuk thanks for the info on the SEBO Felix synthetic bags. Thats great to hear the filtration is better on the synthetic bags compared to the paper ones. Interesting to know that the new type bags don't register half full when power is increased, that is a surprise! Also be interesting to see if suction remains 100% as the synthetic bag gets full, as I notice a slight drop on my felix as the paper bag fills up which is understandable. Can't wait to get and try some of these new bags, might not bother getting the charcoal pre-motor filter just try these new type bags. Still got 7 or so paper bags to use yet though! Might still buy a box though! Have you seen the new SEBO Felix on the SEBO German website, Felix Crystal? Looks fab, I'm liking that. Wonder if that will appear in the UK!? DC18

Hey DC - last night I replaced my first synthetic dust bag on the Felix. It was absolutely packed full of dust and I'm really surprised - it's nearly been 3 months which is ONE month more than I'm used to with the paper bags. After talking with a few people online regarding the bags, they can actually be reused! I don't know if Sebo are aware of that - obviously they wouldn't recommend doing it - but thanks to the seal cap at the top, it's just a matter of shaking all the dust from the bottom to the top of the bag, open the cap and shake over a bin - or use another vacuum to get the dust out.
DC18

Reply #75   Apr 13, 2012 5:18 pm
Hi vacmanuk thanks for the update on the synthetic dust bags for the Felix thats impressive and great to here very surprising too. Think I will look at getting a box of them to try as I've still got some paper ones left. Just about to replace a paper bag soon that is about full (jam packed full may I add and still has great suction!). Good to here that you can reuse them, shame they don't put a clip on the bottom to slide off to empty and re-use. Suppose SEBO wouldn't like you to re-use due to potential exposure to dust emptying them! Good to know that though! Thanks again for the update will get a box soon and try them, save on buying the charcoal pre-motor filter will give the new synthetic bags a try first. I'm liking the new Commercial SEBO BS 36 & 46 Comfort models. The new improve cleaning head is an improvement on the previous design. Wish they would update the X4 to have variable suction, brush roll switch off and improve the hose (just from all the comments I read online!) so the machine doesn't tip.....not that I can comment on that one as I don't have an X1.1x4 yet! If thats the only negative comment people say about the X4 then it can't be bad when you hear so many negative comments on other brands machines!
vacmanuk

Reply #76   Apr 14, 2012 3:00 pm
Well it all comes down to personal need - a lot of reviewers slate the X because of the tipping over when the hose is taken out - but seldom do they moan about the auto sensor head or the ease of gliding. I for one prefer a top release hose - I can walk about and just pin point and suck up dirt with the upright, wand and hose in hand, and the only bending I'll do is to reach a smaller cleaning tool. I find the whole process fast and easier than the hose release on the Felix. One thing I am noticing with the Felix is that I'm beginning to get lazy and just reaching for the top of the hose and just grabbing that instead of the proper tube at the bottom of the machine. When I put it back, sometimes the hose isn't being locked in properly and that means the floor head refuses to function as it has a safety nib located inside the dust channel from the machine to the floor head. Not so with the Dart, the commercial version and not with the X model. Top release inevitably means that yes, the upright will fall over - but not many moan that anything breaks on the back of the SEBO. That would be a major downside it was the case, wouldn't it?

Also,the beauty of the new material bags on the Felix means you can actually reuse them again! The tip here is to seal the bag, take it out and shake from the bottom so that the dust sits just at the top where the flap is. Take the hose from another vacuum and suck out all the dust once you've opened the flap, or if you don't like the dust, time for a dust mask and you can shake the bag outside. From a cost saving point of view I can admit that my new-material Felix bag that I just took out has been re-emptied and installed back into the machine! You'll realise that if you buy the bags as they are very thin to the touch, very flexible and very easy to pin point things that you may have sucked up by accident - I discovered a few of the crystal stones I used to collect as a child, I had sucked up by accident and they were quick to locate and simpler to move through the material to get them out!
This message was modified Apr 14, 2012 by vacmanuk
vacmanuk

Reply #77   Apr 16, 2012 5:02 am
For those who don't know already. Miele in Germany are about to bring out a new replacement to the S5. It's called the S8.
See microsite: http://www.miele.at/ex/microsite/at/S8/start.html

DC18

Reply #78   Apr 18, 2012 5:20 pm
I do like the SEBO X4 and the hose setup looks ok to me, briefly tried one in John Lewis. There will always be something someone finds fault with!! I would like to get an X4 at some point as I do miss not having a wand and stretchable hose, but I would still keep my Felix as i do love that! Will have to definitely get some of though new synthetic bags for my Felix soon. Will try the tip for re-using them when I get a box of them. Just changed the bag having had it in 3 months, was jam packed and full to the top, the bag indicator only showed it as 3/4 full, suppose that depends on the dust that is picked up and how fine it is! I do like the new Miele S8, looks very nice!
vacmanuk

Reply #79   Apr 24, 2012 4:28 pm
I dont like the look of the S8 - it looks like a grub - not pleasing to the eye at all, which is a pity as the extra, glitzy features are nothing but glitzy and not much use - I mean, putting lights beside the park position slots is just a waste!

As for the Felix - why bother changing up an X4 - simply buy yourself a replacement plastic wand off Ebay with the handle and the extension hose, then you can use both whenever you need extra stretch cleaning. Over the fact that you can't store the extension hose anyway on board unless you wrap it around either upright, it makes sense to buy the plastic wand with the handle on it for use with the Felix.

vacmanuk

Reply #80   Jul 31, 2012 6:45 pm
Here is the new Kirby Sentria II. Its about to be launched.

This message was modified Jul 31, 2012 by vacmanuk
vacmanuk

Reply #81   Oct 6, 2012 4:58 pm
New vacuums in the UK

The Panasonic MC-UG522 bagged upright vacuum - uses the same bags as the Kenmore/Panasonic MC- UG614. so it's a small 3/3.5 litre capacity and rated at 1200 watts. I already bought one and quite like it - it is much lighter than the current "high power" Panasonic uprights we have in the UK. Also, the new red upright from Panasonic in the UK is already in the U.S under the name of Panasonic UG-323 Platinum Optiflow.

Also, AEG/Electrolux have launched the UltraOne Mini cylinder bagged vacuum: Claims to be 38% smaller than AEG's current line up, uses 3 litre dust bag and 8 metres of power cord on offer.
This message was modified Oct 6, 2012 by vacmanuk
vacman2

Reply #82   Oct 9, 2012 4:12 pm
The new Miele UniQ has underbody lights, felt lined tool holder and chrome, price 1499.00, happy days I just sold one!
vacmanuk

Reply #83   Oct 10, 2012 10:24 am
vacman2 wrote:
The new Miele UniQ has underbody lights, felt lined tool holder and chrome, price 1499.00, happy days I just sold one!

I saw one the other day when I was in a shop in the UK sat beside the black model. I can't say I'm impressed with the felt bumper - especially when Miele could have added the felt bumper to the rest of the range at least. The price in the UK is knocking on the door of just below £400 - less than the asking price of the S4 Hybrid. Im sure Miele are building a new S6 to replace the S4 Hybrid, bring it into the rest of the current line up though.

I'll be adding a photo of my S6 Eco "2 years on" to show you all of the scrapes it has endured on the body.
This message was modified Oct 10, 2012 by vacmanuk
vacmanuk

Reply #84   Oct 23, 2012 8:14 am
Released a couple of weeks ago in the UK, the latest Vax Mach Air version 3, known as Air3. It's like the original (similar to the U.S Hoover Windtunnel Air) but this one swivels and the hose has moved from the central rear to the side.
Replies: 1 - 84 of 84View as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42