Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Dyson's first retail store opens as part of a trial run

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
M00seUK

Dyson's first retail store opens as part of a trial run
Original Message   Dec 10, 2009 7:58 am
Dyson opens its first pop-up shop today, created by the product company’s in-house team. If Dyson deems the venture a success, it will consider opening a permanent store.

http://www.designweek.co.uk/dyson-opens-bluewater-pop-up-store/3007793.article

This message was modified Dec 10, 2009 by M00seUK
Replies: 46 - 55 of 94Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Lucky1

Re: Dyson's first retail store opens as part of a trial run
Reply #46   Dec 15, 2009 9:51 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
The question is:  Why does it matter to ORECK and MIELE?  Both have seasoned established networks of franchised stores in the USA [ORECK] and Europe [MIELE].  And have for many years.  Dyson is trying to.

Carmine D.

Oh I really didn’t care, only I like to take shots at Oreck (corp) and Miele and their Dealers who do not fly straight (many of em).  It feels good.

Hey Miele Dealers, would ya be a pal....  would you mind posting the models of your top 3 money makers (bread and butter) and top 3 gougers (oops) I mean your highest margin vacuums.  And post the costs of bags, filters, belts, and the recommended maintenance schedules.  And what it costs in annual bag replacements so to maintain 100% suction, 100% of the time?

GOUGERS???? Is that like charging $450 for a $100 Malaysian vacuum. Seriously you have a problem with the price a dealer charges? Are you anti-capitalist? Do Dyson employees work for free? In addition, especially in this day and age VALUE is a commodity that should be worth something. Buying a disposable product in a box from some minimum wage unknowledgeable lackey that carries a warranty that is nearly impossible or costly or inconvient to collect SHOULD be cheap... whereas buying a quality product from a knowledgeable source that can repair and service said product should have value. Your too small minded to see it. Hope you don't gouge YOUR employer TOO MUCH.
DysonInventsBig

Reply #47   Dec 16, 2009 1:00 am
Lucky1 wrote:
Oh I really didn’t care, only I like to take shots at Oreck (corp) and Miele and their Dealers who do not fly straight (many of em).  It feels good.

Hey Miele Dealers, would ya be a pal....  would you mind posting the models of your top 3 money makers (bread and butter) and top 3 gougers (oops) I mean your highest margin vacuums.  And post the costs of bags, filters, belts, and the recommended maintenance schedules.  And what it costs in annual bag replacements so to maintain 100% suction, 100% of the time?

GOUGERS???? Is that like charging $450 for a $100 Malaysian vacuum. Seriously you have a problem with the price a dealer charges? Are you anti-capitalist? Do Dyson employees work for free? In addition, especially in this day and age VALUE is a commodity that should be worth something. Buying a disposable product in a box from some minimum wage unknowledgeable lackey that carries a warranty that is nearly impossible or costly or inconvient to collect SHOULD be cheap... whereas buying a quality product from a knowledgeable source that can repair and service said product should have value. Your too small minded to see it. Hope you don't gouge YOUR employer TOO MUCH.

----    ----    ----    ----    ----    ----    ----    ----    ----    ----    ----    ----    ----

I'm just asking for a fair shot at your style of capitalism.  Turn-a-bout is fair play...I'd love to hammer on the high priced sack n chokes and the men behind them as you and your buddies do here of Mr. Dyson and the men behind him.

CarmineD

Reply #48   Dec 16, 2009 7:05 am
DiB-ster wrote:
Cameron,

The consumer based sack-vac is near-dead in the U.S. and half-dead in the UK.  Let it go.

Dyson Invents Big

DiB-ster:

I recommend you go back and reread the ASA findings WRT dyson's grievance filed against EUREKA/LUX Intensity.  You should be very familiar with the ASA findings and rulings since you posted here.  As I recall, correct me if I'm wrong, the ASA after evidence provided by an independent industry expert and EUREKA/LUX ruled that with a full bag of dirt the Intensity outcleaned a dyson DC14 with empty bin.  Keep in mind, the Intensity is a lightweight vacuum, has one of the smallest dust bags on the market and it beat out dyson's DC14 , a full sized with 100 percent suction.  I believe by over 60 percent better in performance.  As you can see, dyson with 100 percent suction 100 percent of the time was acceptable.  Intensity with a full bag and considerably less than 100 percent suction was superior by 60 percent.  What conclusions do you draw from this DiB-ster?

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #49   Dec 16, 2009 7:19 am
DiB-ster wrote:
I'm just asking for a fair shot at your style of capitalism.  Turn-a-bout is fair play...I'd love to hammer on the high priced sack n chokes and the men behind them as you and your buddies do here of Mr. Dyson and the men behind him.

Is that because you can't deal logically with the product issues and their pros and cons?  So it's easier to create villains and attack personally and professionally.

Carmine D.

mole

Reply #50   Dec 16, 2009 9:13 am
DysonInventsBig wrote:
It should be noted that if that was a real christmas tree with real pine needles, it would block up the chutes and elbows and airpaths on the dyson shown on display,as it would on any other vacuum thats  set up the same way,  I believe the consumer would care less about the constant suction garbage when it takes 5 hours to clean it out.OOPS anothjer dyson refurb.

MOLE

Merry Mollie Christmas to you,

Lol.  I'm goin with 100% suction since this is what the masses understand and the number one reason they abandon the sack.

Dyson Invents Big illusions.

Then please explain to the forum why the team of brain surgeons  had to cut back on the airwatts so the revolutionary cyclones a DYSON exclusive would not get overwhelmed by the extra suction. If it had double the airwatts would it have 200% of the suction all the time?.

Try and get your head around this before you answer.

MOLE

CarmineD

Reply #51   Dec 16, 2009 1:09 pm
mole wrote:
It wouldn't to Dustmite if Miele's suction is greater than Dyson's from empty bag to full bag, it only matters that Dyson's suction is constant.    Dustmite has read Sir James' book, and he has been fully indoctrinated.  The only thing that matters is constant suction. 

It should be noted that if that was a real christmas tree with real pine needles, it would block up the chutes and elbows and airpaths on the dyson shown on display,as it would on any other vacuum thats  set up the same way,  I believe the consumer would care less about the constant suction garbage when it takes 5 hours to clean it out.OOPS anothjer dyson refurb.

MOLE

MOLE:

Are you finding that dyson DC07 and DC14 models after age are problematic?  With these pieces and parts falling off and loosening during operations?  Leading to dust and dirty air leakage into the room,  loss of suction, and just a complete nuisance with keeping them on properly for users.

Carmine D.

Lucky1

Reply #52   Dec 16, 2009 2:38 pm
CarmineD wrote:

MOLE

MOLE:

Are you finding that dyson DC07 and DC14 models after age are problematic?  With these pieces and parts falling off and loosening during operations?  Leading to dust and dirty air leakage into the room,  loss of suction, and just a complete nuisance with keeping them on properly for users.

Carmine D.

Not sure of your specifics but I can tell you the so called LIFETIME HEPA filters do not last a Lifetime and when clogged the machines won't run. That's a pretty firm loss of suction right there.
CarmineD

Reply #53   Dec 17, 2009 6:42 am
Lucky1 wrote:
Not sure of your specifics but I can tell you the so called LIFETIME HEPA filters do not last a Lifetime and when clogged the machines won't run. That's a pretty firm loss of suction right there.

These findings are the bases for the ASA warnings to dyson to cease and desist on the 'exaggerated claims' of No loss of suction and never clogs else suffer consequences.

Carmine D.

DysonInventsBig

Reply #54   Dec 17, 2009 4:53 pm
mole wrote:
Merry Mollie Christmas to you,

Lol.  I'm goin with 100% suction since this is what the masses understand and the number one reason they abandon the sack.

Dyson Invents Big illusions.

Then please explain to the forum why the team of brain surgeons  had to cut back on the airwatts so the revolutionary cyclones a DYSON exclusive would not get overwhelmed by the extra suction. If it had double the airwatts would it have 200% of the suction all the time?.

Try and get your head around this before you answer.

MOLE

For me this topic is boring and that’s why I have not even bothered to learn the math.  Another way to say it is...  I can care less and I bet 99.99% of the U.S. population can care less too.

I would like to talk about what I believe interests all who walk into an independent...  Why a vacuum that is considered ‘nothing special’ in Europe, somehow, someway transforms into an exotic and is priced as an exotic (at dealerships) after taking the boat-ride over?

Turn-a-bout is fair play.

Dyson Invents Big

Lucky1

Reply #55   Dec 17, 2009 10:04 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:

For me this topic is boring and that’s why I have not even bothered to learn the math.  Another way to say it is...  I can care less and I bet 99.99% of the U.S. population can care less too.

I would like to talk about what I believe interests all who walk into an independent...  Why a vacuum that is considered ‘nothing special’ in Europe, somehow, someway transforms into an exotic and is priced as an exotic (at dealerships) after taking the boat-ride over?

Turn-a-bout is fair play.

Dyson Invents Big

If your referring to the Miele it's because: They are made really well. There are issues with cord reels and dust channels on some older models but the newer ones have addressed the problem very well. They are an Excellent Company to deal with and have a good concept of the need for Independents and the service they provide (albeit they are testing the waters of large retailers and their own website sales that are getting close to being a problem). They are very technician friendly, (some I could work on blindfolded). They are repairable. They have easily redeemable Warranties. Customers generally don't have to box them up, pay for shipping and wait weeks for warranty work. Most models are made in Germany where Labor, Environment, Copyright, etc Laws are respected. They are also tied to a floating currency.
Replies: 46 - 55 of 94Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42