Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Dyson's first retail store opens as part of a trial run

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
M00seUK

Dyson's first retail store opens as part of a trial run
Original Message   Dec 10, 2009 7:58 am
Dyson opens its first pop-up shop today, created by the product company’s in-house team. If Dyson deems the venture a success, it will consider opening a permanent store.

http://www.designweek.co.uk/dyson-opens-bluewater-pop-up-store/3007793.article

This message was modified Dec 10, 2009 by M00seUK
Replies: 34 - 43 of 94Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
DysonInventsBig

Re: Dyson's first retail store opens as part of a trial run
Reply #34   Dec 15, 2009 7:36 am
CarmineD wrote:

chinese intelligent robot

Perhaps Sir James will borrow an "intelligent robot" from the Chinese to serve tea and crumpets to all the customers.

Carmine D.

With the money he'll be making from all the free press and exposure he could probably afford em.  Can an Oreck franchise store owner or a Miele Dealer brick and mortar say the same?
This message was modified Dec 15, 2009 by DysonInventsBig

CarmineD

Reply #35   Dec 15, 2009 7:54 am
With the money he'll be making from all the free press and exposure he could probably afford em.  Can an Oreck franchise store owner or a Miele Dealer brick and mortar say the same?
Written by Dib-ster

The question is:  Why does it matter to ORECK and MIELE?  Both have seasoned established networks of franchised stores in the USA [ORECK] and Europe [MIELE].  And have for many years.  Dyson is trying to.

Carmine D.

DysonInventsBig

Reply #36   Dec 15, 2009 11:19 am
CarmineD wrote:

The question is:  Why does it matter to ORECK and MIELE?  Both have seasoned established networks of franchised stores in the USA [ORECK] and Europe [MIELE].  And have for many years.  Dyson is trying to.

Carmine D.

Oh I really didn’t care, only I like to take shots at Oreck (corp) and Miele and their Dealers who do not fly straight (many of em).  It feels good.

Hey Miele Dealers, would ya be a pal....  would you mind posting the models of your top 3 money makers (bread and butter) and top 3 gougers (oops) I mean your highest margin vacuums.  And post the costs of bags, filters, belts, and the recommended maintenance schedules.  And what it costs in annual bag replacements so to maintain 100% suction, 100% of the time?

CarmineD

Reply #37   Dec 15, 2009 12:11 pm
DiB-ster wrote:
Oh I really didn’t care, only I like to take shots at Oreck (corp) and Miele and their Dealers who do not fly straight (many of em).  It feels good.

Hey Miele Dealers, would ya be a pal....  would you mind posting the models of your top 3 money makers (bread and butter) and top 3 gougers (oops) I mean your highest margin vacuums.  And post the costs of bags, filters, belts, and the recommended maintenance schedules.  And what it costs in annual bag replacements so to maintain 100% suction, 100% of the time?

The question is:  Why does a MIELE bagged vacuum, or for that matter any bagged vacuum canister/upright, need 100 percent suction 100 percent of the time to do a thorough and acceptable cleaning job?

Carmine D.

DysonInventsBig

Reply #38   Dec 15, 2009 1:04 pm
CarmineD wrote:

The question is:  Why does a MIELE bagged vacuum, or for that matter any bagged vacuum canister/upright, need 100 percent suction 100 percent of the time to do a thorough and acceptable cleaning job?

Carmine D.

Well, to make money/hang onto money for one (to stop or curb the)... 1) 'bags choke' and 2) "bags are better"- 'loosing argument' and 3) 'bags are loosing market share' - decimation.

For some, surviving on sardines is acceptable.  Acceptable = bags progressively perform worse (choke) than what their manufacturers advertise and claim.  "Acceptable"...I love it!

CarmineD

Reply #39   Dec 15, 2009 1:36 pm
DiB-ster wrote:
Well, to make money/hang onto money for one (to stop or curb the)... 1) 'bags choke' and 2) "bags are better"- 'loosing argument' and 3) 'bags are loosing market share' - decimation.

For some, surviving on sardines is acceptable.  "Acceptable"...I love it!  Acceptable = bags progressively perform worse (choke) than what their manufacturers advertise and claim.

The question is:  Why is vacuum suction, tho less than 100 percent 100 percent of the time, unable to provide a thorough and acceptable cleaning job 100 percent of the time? 

Carmine D.

Severus

If my vacuum can remove even one spec of dirt that yours misses, then mine is better than yours - even if there's no proof that mine would have picked up as much dirt as yours...

Reply #40   Dec 15, 2009 2:19 pm
CarmineD wrote:
The question is:  Why is vacuum suction, tho less than 100 percent 100 percent of the time, unable to provide a thorough and acceptable cleaning job 100 percent of the time? 

Carmine D.

It wouldn't matter to Dustmite if Miele's suction is greater than Dyson's from empty bag to full bag, it only matters that Dyson's suction is constant.    Dustmite has read Sir James' book, and he has been fully indoctrinated.  The only thing that matters is constant suction. 

This message was modified Dec 15, 2009 by Severus

The smart tyrant writes his own story to ensure that it is favorable.  The lazy will repeat lines from the book without fact checking. 
vacmanuk

Reply #41   Dec 15, 2009 2:21 pm
DIB I can see where you're going with this but consider the following: 100% suction all of the time isn't neccessarily a good thing and I dont know why you want all that data to show bagless or Dyson is better than a bag because you argument is flawed; OF COURSE owning a Dyson or any bagless means in reality you'll never have to buy a bag but you will have to buy other consumables such as a BELT or FILTER in a Dyson's lifetime. That puts it in line with "conventional bagged" vacuums too But, for carpet wear especially Dyson uprights can be a bad thing determined on the quality of the bristles they put into their beater bars and secondly the abrasiveness or strength of the bristles in question. If the bristles are strong generally wouldn't it in THEORY mean more wear to carpet tread and pile as well as the 100% suction all of the time? Just how much of the carpet are you picking up versus actual dirt with a 100% suction all the time claim regardless of the strength of the beater bar fitted? Even with a flat head/suction only assisted floor head the threat of 100% suction all of the time can't be good for every carpet / material flooring. As for Miele, their market share is a lot larger than Dyson based on the fact that they make a lot more than just vacuums. Dyson tried with other avenues, trying to make a good go of their washing machines despite being the most expensive on the UK market. Despite their Contra-rotation sides and a good idea at the time, the company stopped it because they weren't making money = imagine, a company as revolutionary as Dyson having to stop a model with their name on it because it isn't making money.
mole

Reply #42   Dec 15, 2009 4:21 pm
Severus wrote:

It wouldn't to Dustmite if Miele's suction is greater than Dyson's from empty bag to full bag, it only matters that Dyson's suction is constant.    Dustmite has read Sir James' book, and he has been fully indoctrinated.  The only thing that matters is constant suction. 

It should be noted that if that was a real christmas tree with real pine needles, it would block up the chutes and elbows and airpaths on the dyson shown on display,as it would on any other vacuum thats  set up the same way,  I believe the consumer would care less about the constant suction garbage when it takes 5 hours to clean it out.OOPS anothjer dyson refurb.

MOLE

DysonInventsBig

Reply #43   Dec 15, 2009 4:31 pm
mole wrote:
It wouldn't to Dustmite if Miele's suction is greater than Dyson's from empty bag to full bag, it only matters that Dyson's suction is constant.    Dustmite has read Sir James' book, and he has been fully indoctrinated.  The only thing that matters is constant suction. 

It should be noted that if that was a real christmas tree with real pine needles, it would block up the chutes and elbows and airpaths on the dyson shown on display,as it would on any other vacuum thats  set up the same way,  I believe the consumer would care less about the constant suction garbage when it takes 5 hours to clean it out.OOPS anothjer dyson refurb.

MOLE

Merry Mollie Christmas to you,

Lol.  I'm goin with 100% suction since this is what the masses understand and the number one reason they abandon the sack.

Dyson Invents Big

Replies: 34 - 43 of 94Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42