Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Dyson's first retail store opens as part of a trial run

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
M00seUK

Dyson's first retail store opens as part of a trial run
Original Message   Dec 10, 2009 7:58 am
Dyson opens its first pop-up shop today, created by the product company’s in-house team. If Dyson deems the venture a success, it will consider opening a permanent store.

http://www.designweek.co.uk/dyson-opens-bluewater-pop-up-store/3007793.article

This message was modified Dec 10, 2009 by M00seUK
Replies: 14 - 23 of 94Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Venson

Re: Dyson's first retail store opens as part of a trial run
Reply #14   Dec 11, 2009 5:24 pm
mole wrote:
Can you tell us where the complaint department is? is it at the front or at the back ? This place looks like a hair salon, this looks like a photochop......

Now, now MOLE -- chic shopping venues don't have complaint departments but the more customer-friendly ones do make sure to keep smelling salts on hand in their First Aid kits for when they hit you with the bill.

Venson
HARDSELL

Reply #15   Dec 11, 2009 8:03 pm
Severus wrote:
It takes a huge amount of money and resources to operate company stores.  I think Oreck and Dyson could make a nice partnership, since for the most part the products are complimentary.   Oreck could even sell little dust masks for bagless vacuum owners to wear when emptying their dust canisters.   I don't think Oreck will ever sell their own bagless vacuum.   

A perfect opportunity for Oreck to add a freebe of value.  They could give a Dyson with each Oreck.  Customers would finally get a vacuum to clean with and let the kids play with the Oreck.
DysonInventsBig

Reply #16   Dec 11, 2009 8:49 pm
HARDSELL wrote:
A perfect opportunity for Oreck to add a freebe of value.  They could give a Dyson with each Oreck.  Customers would finally get a vacuum to clean with and let the kids play with the Oreck.

DysonInventsBig

Reply #17   Dec 11, 2009 9:24 pm
M00seUK wrote:
Dyson opens its first pop-up shop today, created by the product company’s in-house team. If Dyson deems the venture a success, it will consider opening a permanent store.

http://www.designweek.co.uk/dyson-opens-bluewater-pop-up-store/3007793.article

mole wrote:
Can you tell us where the complaint department is? is it at the front or at the back ? This place looks like a hair salon, this looks like a photochop......

No complaint dept. necessary - Dyson's are perfect. 
This message was modified Dec 11, 2009 by DysonInventsBig

CarmineD

Reply #18   Dec 12, 2009 6:59 am
HARDSELL wrote:

My 5 year old grand daughter, tall for her age and soon to be 6, uses an ORECK XL Classic to help her Mom with the cleaning of rugs and floors.  Great way to start the youngsters off on the right foot around the home.  Now her younger sisters try too, while the oldest who gives instructions.  It's a joy to watch.  They love their ORECK, so does their Mom, for obvious reasons. 

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #19   Dec 12, 2009 7:29 am
CarmineD wrote:
My 5 year old grand daughter, tall for her age and soon to be 6, uses an ORECK XL Classic to help her Mom with the cleaning of rugs and floors.  Great way to start the youngsters off on the right foot around the home.  Now her younger sisters try too, while the oldest who gives instructions.  It's a joy to watch.  They love their ORECK, so does their Mom, for obvious reasons. 

Carmine D.

It is great that they have toys to teach them the fundamentals of vacuuming.  Won't be long till they can use a real vacuum.
CarmineD

Reply #20   Dec 12, 2009 7:52 am
HARDSELL wrote:
It is great that they have toys to teach them the fundamentals of vacuuming.  Won't be long till they can use a real vacuum.

HS:

The nice thing about using an ORECK is that while my grands are playing they are actually working. 

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #21   Dec 12, 2009 8:14 am
CarmineD wrote:
HS:

The nice thing about using an ORECK is that while my grands are playing they are actually working. 

Carmine D.

No doubt they are working.  Pushing and pulling a vacuum and not removing dirt does remove the play from oreck toys.
CarmineD

Reply #22   Dec 12, 2009 8:34 am
HARDSELL wrote:
No doubt they are working.  Pushing and pulling a vacuum and not removing dirt does remove the play from oreck toys.

HS:

I detect a tone of jealousy in you that youngsters can use/operate ORECKs with better results than some adults using them and other full size brands.  Have your joke here at their expense and ORECK.  But it doesn't change the fact that at 8-9 pounds ORECK is a wonderful vacuum tool/toy, call it what you will, to start youngsters into a home cleaning routine and keep them later as adult customers. 

Just as dyson copied ORECK with the retail store front venue, not saying it will be a success for dyson as it has for ORECK, you are envious that ORECK trumps dyson with a smaller, lighter, better vacuum product that is simple and easy even for pre-teens to use.  It's a priceless feature/life lesson for parents and their children to enjoy using ORECKs and continue doing so later.  Sorry you missed the opportunity.  Sure your son never had any interest in using your Rainbow.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Dec 12, 2009 by CarmineD
HARDSELL

Reply #23   Dec 12, 2009 9:00 am
CarmineD wrote:
HS:

I detect a tone of jealousy in you that youngsters can use/operate ORECKs with better results than some adults using them and other full size brands.  Have your joke here at their expense and ORECK.  But it doesn't change the fact that at 8-9 pounds ORECK is a wonderful vacuum tool/toy, call it what you will, to start youngsters into a home cleaning routine and keep them later as adult customers. 

Just as dyson copied ORECK with the retail store front venue, not saying it will be a success for dyson as it has for ORECK, you are envious that ORECK trumps dyson with a smaller, lighter, better vacuum product that is simple and easy even for pre-teens to use.  It's a priceless feature/life lesson for parents and their children to enjoy using ORECKs and continue doing so later.  Sorry you missed the opportunity.  Sure your son never had any interest in using your Rainbow.

Carmine D.

I am not jealous of anyone who uses an oreck.  Also I am not making fun of your grand children.  You on the other hand are teaching them bad habits.  If they are working they should be able to see the rewards of their labor.

For years you argued how superior hoover was and that it would be the demise of DYSON.  IT ain't happened.  However in desperation of finding a vac that cleaned better than DYSON you switched to oreck.

I recently purchased an XL Signature.  Same POS as the XL21.  Oh, the cord alone wieghs 9 lbs.

Replies: 14 - 23 of 94Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42