Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Dyson's first retail store opens as part of a trial run

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
M00seUK

Dyson's first retail store opens as part of a trial run
Original Message   Dec 10, 2009 7:58 am
Dyson opens its first pop-up shop today, created by the product company’s in-house team. If Dyson deems the venture a success, it will consider opening a permanent store.

http://www.designweek.co.uk/dyson-opens-bluewater-pop-up-store/3007793.article

This message was modified Dec 10, 2009 by M00seUK
Replies: 6 - 15 of 94Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
CarmineD

Re: Dyson's first retail store opens as part of a trial run
Reply #6   Dec 11, 2009 7:49 am
Severus wrote:
So does the store have any Dyson Christmas ornaments or toys? 

Yes, SEVERUS, the products themselves.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #7   Dec 11, 2009 7:52 am
Severus wrote:
Speaking of food, there are a number of combination restaurants like Taco Bell/Kentucky Fried.     Maybe there will be a combination Dyson/Oreck store some day. 

As I recall SEVERUS, years ago you called out Sir James for not following the ORECK business model.  What?  9 yeras ago?  Seems Sir James takes along time to get the point.  What is that they say about Englishmen and punch lines?  Takes a while for them to get it!

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #8   Dec 11, 2009 8:29 am
Here's the ORECK Christmas venue.  Dib-ster can argue over who copied who.

Carmine D.

Our Best Deals of the Season! Limited time offers end Dec 14th. Shop Now »
Call 1-800-289-5888 to place an order anytime 24/7.
Our Best Deal of the Holiday Season
Oreck Holiday Specials

Get up to
4 vacs
for the
price of 1
Get up to 3 gifts FREE!

Shop Upright Vacuums »

Oreck Holiday
3-for-1

Get 2 gifts FREE!

Shop Air
Purifiers »

Our lowest
price of the season

on the Steam-It
all-purpose
steam wand

Shop the Oreck
Steam-It »

Get 3 vacs
for the
price of 1
Get 2 gifts FREE!

Shop the Oreck
Halo »
Plus, many other great gift ideas
Order Online or call 1-800-289-5888 to place an order anytime 24/7.

Share this great offer! Forward to a friend today.

Having trouble viewing this email? View on our website. Are your Oreck emails getting caught in a spam filter? Learn how to ensure you receive Oreck emails

We don't want to send you any unwanted email. If you'd like to be removed from this mailing list, click here.

Oreck Privacy Policy.

© 2009 Oreck Holdings, LLC. All rights reserved. All trademarks and product configurations are owned and used under the authorization of Oreck Holdings, LLC. Oreck Corporation // 565 Marriott Dr, Ste 300 // Nashville TN, 37214

vacmanuk

Reply #9   Dec 11, 2009 10:00 am
Well, Miele UK have had their Centre of Excellence store since 1994!
Severus

If my vacuum can remove even one spec of dirt that yours misses, then mine is better than yours - even if there's no proof that mine would have picked up as much dirt as yours...

Reply #10   Dec 11, 2009 11:09 am
CarmineD wrote:
As I recall SEVERUS, years ago you called out Sir James for not following the ORECK business model.  What?  9 yeras ago?  Seems Sir James takes along time to get the point.  What is that they say about Englishmen and punch lines?  Takes a while for them to get it!

Carmine D.

It takes a huge amount of money and resources to operate company stores.  I think Oreck and Dyson could make a nice partnership, since for the most part the products are complimentary.   Oreck could even sell little dust masks for bagless vacuum owners to wear when emptying their dust canisters.   I don't think Oreck will ever sell their own bagless vacuum.   

The smart tyrant writes his own story to ensure that it is favorable.  The lazy will repeat lines from the book without fact checking. 
Venson

Reply #11   Dec 11, 2009 11:43 am
As always, to each his own but association with Oreck I'd think has its benefits in that the name is very familiar in the American vacuum market. Please note that I have no data re sales but over time Oreck has picked up a number of vacuums that did not originate from it and kept them on its roster for long periods. Oreck's Dutch Tech canisters were originally branded as Philips for years in Europe. Philips, a broad scale manufacturer, opted out of the vacuum market.

Its orbital polisher is also an outsourced product. The Halo makers highly debatable product also has ended up in the hands Oreck. I can only assume that Oreck is garnering enough sales off the like to allow it great faith in what and those its name can draw in.

I would wonder about the "be true to your school" aspect going out the window were it not that both big box stores and independent vacuum dealers daily stock competing products on their shelves anyway.

Venson
This message was modified Dec 11, 2009 by Venson
CarmineD

Reply #12   Dec 11, 2009 12:29 pm
vacmanuk wrote:
Well, Miele UK have had their Centre of Excellence store since 1994!

AND............an 18 wheeler mobile warehouse/store with the latest wares.  It travels form the MIELE Hqtrs in NJ cross country making day/weekend stops at authorized MIELE dealers USA wide.  It is, as you would expect from MIELE, all top shelve, first class luxury accomodations and presentations.  All the MIELE products in a one stop and shop mobile 18 wheeler.  Smeared with MIELE art for products, brand name and advertisements.    The presence alone evokes buzz from all.  And always good for MIELE sales at the local dealers.

Carmine D.

mole

Reply #13   Dec 11, 2009 4:19 pm
M00seUK wrote:
Dyson opens its first pop-up shop today, created by the product company’s in-house team. If Dyson deems the venture a success, it will consider opening a permanent store.

http://www.designweek.co.uk/dyson-opens-bluewater-pop-up-store/3007793.article

Can you tell us where the complaint department is? is it at the front or at the back ? This place looks like a hair salon, this looks like a photochop......
Venson

Reply #14   Dec 11, 2009 5:24 pm
mole wrote:
Can you tell us where the complaint department is? is it at the front or at the back ? This place looks like a hair salon, this looks like a photochop......

Now, now MOLE -- chic shopping venues don't have complaint departments but the more customer-friendly ones do make sure to keep smelling salts on hand in their First Aid kits for when they hit you with the bill.

Venson
HARDSELL

Reply #15   Dec 11, 2009 8:03 pm
Severus wrote:
It takes a huge amount of money and resources to operate company stores.  I think Oreck and Dyson could make a nice partnership, since for the most part the products are complimentary.   Oreck could even sell little dust masks for bagless vacuum owners to wear when emptying their dust canisters.   I don't think Oreck will ever sell their own bagless vacuum.   

A perfect opportunity for Oreck to add a freebe of value.  They could give a Dyson with each Oreck.  Customers would finally get a vacuum to clean with and let the kids play with the Oreck.
Replies: 6 - 15 of 94Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42