Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Dyson's first retail store opens as part of a trial run

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
M00seUK

Dyson's first retail store opens as part of a trial run
Original Message   Dec 10, 2009 7:58 am
Dyson opens its first pop-up shop today, created by the product company’s in-house team. If Dyson deems the venture a success, it will consider opening a permanent store.

http://www.designweek.co.uk/dyson-opens-bluewater-pop-up-store/3007793.article

This message was modified Dec 10, 2009 by M00seUK
Replies: 1 - 10 of 94NextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
iMacDaddy

Electrolux UltraOne EL7070, Bissell BigGreen Deep Cleaning Machine

Re: Dyson's first retail store opens as part of a trial run
Reply #1   Dec 10, 2009 11:44 am
It's about bloody time!
CarmineD

Reply #2   Dec 10, 2009 1:32 pm
Food for thought:  Is it too little and too late?

Carmine D.

M00seUK

Reply #3   Dec 10, 2009 3:38 pm
It’s hard to give Dyson any real credit for innovation in deciding to go in this direction – Apple is the trendsetter for retailing high-tech consumer goods in a boutique-style setting. Even Microsoft are now trying to imitate the Apple Store concept. Never-the-less, I personally think it’s a positive move for Dyson. How many guys would be tempted by the glimpse of an industrial robot while being dragged to another clothes shop by their other half :-)

In the UK, Dyson’s retail sales approach appears to primarily target the large, out-of-town retailers. These locations typically have really good point of sale, with the products displayed in custom-built fixtures. From what I can tell, Dyson put a lot of resources in to staff training and product knowledge. But there’s always other avenues and Apple have shown that you can sell direct in these locations and make incredible revenue per square foot or even just showcase the merchandise for later purchase from another sales channel.

There’s quite a few prime lets in shopping mall locations at the moment. If Dyson wanted to role out this concept next year, I imagine it wouldn’t be too difficult.

Severus

If my vacuum can remove even one spec of dirt that yours misses, then mine is better than yours - even if there's no proof that mine would have picked up as much dirt as yours...

Reply #4   Dec 10, 2009 6:38 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Food for thought:  Is it too little and too late?

Carmine D.

Speaking of food, there are a number of combination restaurants like Taco Bell/Kentucky Fried.     Maybe there will be a combination Dyson/Oreck store some day. 

The smart tyrant writes his own story to ensure that it is favorable.  The lazy will repeat lines from the book without fact checking. 
Severus

If my vacuum can remove even one spec of dirt that yours misses, then mine is better than yours - even if there's no proof that mine would have picked up as much dirt as yours...

Reply #5   Dec 10, 2009 6:39 pm
So does the store have any Dyson Christmas ornaments or toys? 

The smart tyrant writes his own story to ensure that it is favorable.  The lazy will repeat lines from the book without fact checking. 
CarmineD

Reply #6   Dec 11, 2009 7:49 am
Severus wrote:
So does the store have any Dyson Christmas ornaments or toys? 

Yes, SEVERUS, the products themselves.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #7   Dec 11, 2009 7:52 am
Severus wrote:
Speaking of food, there are a number of combination restaurants like Taco Bell/Kentucky Fried.     Maybe there will be a combination Dyson/Oreck store some day. 

As I recall SEVERUS, years ago you called out Sir James for not following the ORECK business model.  What?  9 yeras ago?  Seems Sir James takes along time to get the point.  What is that they say about Englishmen and punch lines?  Takes a while for them to get it!

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #8   Dec 11, 2009 8:29 am
Here's the ORECK Christmas venue.  Dib-ster can argue over who copied who.

Carmine D.

Our Best Deals of the Season! Limited time offers end Dec 14th. Shop Now »
Call 1-800-289-5888 to place an order anytime 24/7.
Our Best Deal of the Holiday Season
Oreck Holiday Specials

Get up to
4 vacs
for the
price of 1
Get up to 3 gifts FREE!

Shop Upright Vacuums »

Oreck Holiday
3-for-1

Get 2 gifts FREE!

Shop Air
Purifiers »

Our lowest
price of the season

on the Steam-It
all-purpose
steam wand

Shop the Oreck
Steam-It »

Get 3 vacs
for the
price of 1
Get 2 gifts FREE!

Shop the Oreck
Halo »
Plus, many other great gift ideas
Order Online or call 1-800-289-5888 to place an order anytime 24/7.

Share this great offer! Forward to a friend today.

Having trouble viewing this email? View on our website. Are your Oreck emails getting caught in a spam filter? Learn how to ensure you receive Oreck emails

We don't want to send you any unwanted email. If you'd like to be removed from this mailing list, click here.

Oreck Privacy Policy.

© 2009 Oreck Holdings, LLC. All rights reserved. All trademarks and product configurations are owned and used under the authorization of Oreck Holdings, LLC. Oreck Corporation // 565 Marriott Dr, Ste 300 // Nashville TN, 37214

vacmanuk

Reply #9   Dec 11, 2009 10:00 am
Well, Miele UK have had their Centre of Excellence store since 1994!
Severus

Reply #10   Dec 11, 2009 11:09 am
CarmineD wrote:
As I recall SEVERUS, years ago you called out Sir James for not following the ORECK business model.  What?  9 yeras ago?  Seems Sir James takes along time to get the point.  What is that they say about Englishmen and punch lines?  Takes a while for them to get it!

Carmine D.

It takes a huge amount of money and resources to operate company stores.  I think Oreck and Dyson could make a nice partnership, since for the most part the products are complimentary.   Oreck could even sell little dust masks for bagless vacuum owners to wear when emptying their dust canisters.   I don't think Oreck will ever sell their own bagless vacuum.   

Replies: 1 - 10 of 94NextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42