Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > New Dyson DC24 issue

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
bucks03

New Dyson DC24 issue
Original Message   Nov 29, 2009 12:02 pm
Hi,

Today I bought a Dyson DC24 as I haven't bothered to repair my DC04 as the DC04 burnt out after 7 years.

The DC24 got problems with the cleaning head not staying put when the machine is lifted.  This is clearly a manufacturing fault and its poor that Dyson quality control has missed this.  Even when I properly engage the machine in upright position and lifted the machine the head would stay for a few seconds and then fall .

I took the machine back to the shop and the retailer was refusing to give me a refund!!  I did not accept this and asked for the manager,  anyway, they gave me back my £243. I was not too happy.

After usuing the machine in my home,  I can say that I really like how light it is.  The only thing is that the power cord is very short, the cleaning hose is too short to do proper stair cleaning, but then one can put the machine on the stair case or hole it in the other hand to use the wand and hose.  The suction is pretty good for a small 650w machine, but the suction is not enough to spin the car Dyson turbine head I have,  I guess I would have to use the DC05 for car cleaning.

The DC24 cleaned my carpets well, just shame about the slight problem with the head.  I may considering buying one again next year.  For the meantime, I will use the DC05 which is adequate with turbobrush head.

Regards

Replies: 6 - 15 of 25Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
DysonInventsBig

Re: New Dyson DC24 issue
Reply #6   Dec 15, 2009 7:30 am
CarmineD wrote:
Hello BUCKS03:

Glad to hear you had a better purchase experience with your new dyson DC24.  I'm curious to hear your comments on the dirt bin.  Any thoughts you can share?

Carmine D.

It's clear, it's small and it's the most user friendly to empty (in the industry).  Also, the bin is one component to the best looking separator unit on the planet.

CarmineD

Reply #7   Dec 15, 2009 12:16 pm
DiB-ster wrote:
It's clear, it's small and it's the most user friendly to empty (in the industry).  Also, the bin is one component to the best looking separator unit on the planet.

My question is addressed to BUCK03 who actually bought and uses a dyson DC24.  Not to you, DiB-ster.  And your answer about looks falls woefully short at soon as the dirt bin gets dirty.  Perhaps I should buy 2.  One to use and one to put on display so guests can appreciate the best looking on the planet.

Carmine D.

bucks03

Reply #8   Dec 15, 2009 1:28 pm
Hi Carmine

I would say that the clear bin is ok.  It is tiny in comparison to my old DC04 and the DC05.  The whole cyclone assembly and bin together are the whole size of the DC24.

I have to say that the bin is not giving me any problems what so ever, even though its small I have used the machine 6 times or so to vacuum the whiole 3 bedroom house and it is not near the full mark yet,  only now it is creeping up and maybe needs emtying week after next.  This will just be easy for me to push the little knob thing on the top in the kitchen bin and it will open up.  The bin size reminds me a lot of the DC31,  I have a DC16 handheld and it is so easy to empty this so the DC24 will be even better,  The DC04 was a hassle with the big cyclone that had to be pulled apart, the DC24 is easier.

My DC24 also hasn't got all the 'advertising' stickers all over it so it will make it easier to wash if it needs to be done.  I think its a great little product.

CarmineD

Reply #9   Dec 15, 2009 1:39 pm
Thank you BUCKS03.  Any problems for you with the cord length and/or wrapping the cord?  In particular, bending over for the lower cord wrap?

Carmine D.

M00seUK

Reply #10   Dec 15, 2009 1:49 pm
bucks03 wrote:
My DC24 also hasn't got all the 'advertising' stickers all over it so it will make it easier to wash if it needs to be done.  I think its a great little product.

Called 'silent salesman' - the DC04 had a record number of these. A really important tactic to someone like Dyson, who primarily sell in the big box retailers.
Also useful when the purchaser is showing the product to others.
DysonInventsBig

Reply #11   Dec 15, 2009 2:02 pm
CarmineD wrote:
My question is addressed to BUCK03 who actually bought and uses a dyson DC24.  Not to you, DiB-ster.  And your answer about looks falls woefully short at soon as the dirt bin gets dirty.  Perhaps I should buy 2.  One to use and one to put on display so guests can appreciate the best looking on the planet.

Carmine D.

Your questions are not for any other purpose than to slander Dyson, as does your umpteen anti-Dyson slanders and points of view (of past).  Just being preemptive.

As for the looks...  their working for Bissell.  They have a poor copy of it on one of their contraptions at Target.  No doubt, tens of millions will be made off of it too. - Another 'free lunch' for team Bissell.
This message was modified Dec 16, 2009 by DysonInventsBig

bucks03

Reply #12   Dec 15, 2009 2:36 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Thank you BUCKS03.  Any problems for you with the cord length and/or wrapping the cord?  In particular, bending over for the lower cord wrap?

Carmine D.

Well no.  Its not much different from winding the cord on the DC04.  The cord is long and such a small machine which is why I understand why Dyson hasn't put on a longer cable as it may not be able to go on the the cleats properly if the cord was longer. It is no more difficult than the DC04. 

The only issue is that I cannot 'just fit ' any tool on it as the diameter of the wand is different from standard Dyson machines.  Id like to purchase a Vax turbobrush for this machine as I know it will work on there.

I prefer this machine over the bigger ones any day,  I always liked smaller machines anyway,  I used to have a DC03 which I liked but could not stand the HIGH pitched motor and the very low air watts.  The DC04 is heavy and bulky but performs very well, the DC24 is small, compact, easy to lift and push and had quite good suction for its motor wattage.  I feel the DC24 head sucking on the floor/carpet as with the DC04, the DC03 the head never used to suck on the floor, felt like it was just skimming the surface.

bucks03

Reply #13   Dec 15, 2009 2:39 pm
M00seUK wrote:

Called 'silent salesman' - the DC04 had a record number of these. A really important tactic to someone like Dyson, who primarily sell in the big box retailers.
Also useful when the purchaser is showing the product to others.

My DC24 has no stickers on it like earlier DC24's Ive seen in shops do and personal reviews.  Why would Dyson stop putting these on?  Is it because the machine has been on sale for over a year?
CarmineD

Reply #14   Dec 16, 2009 7:11 am
DiB-ster wrote:
Your questions are not for any other purpose than to slander Dyson, as does you umpteen anti-Dyson slanders and points of view.  Just being preemptive.

As for the looks...  their working for Bissell.  They have a poor copy of it one of their contraptions at Target.  No doubt, tens of millions will be made off of it too. - Another 'free lunch' for team Bissell.

Dib-ster:

You're delusional.  TARGET has 2 dyson ball models on sale this week:  DC24 $323; DC24 blueprint $343.  I'm interested in buying.  I respect BUCKS03 advice. 

Don't be so quick to judge others by your own standards.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #15   Dec 16, 2009 7:12 am
bucks03 wrote:
Well no.  Its not much different from winding the cord on the DC04.  The cord is long and such a small machine which is why I understand why Dyson hasn't put on a longer cable as it may not be able to go on the the cleats properly if the cord was longer. It is no more difficult than the DC04. 

The only issue is that I cannot 'just fit ' any tool on it as the diameter of the wand is different from standard Dyson machines.  Id like to purchase a Vax turbobrush for this machine as I know it will work on there.

I prefer this machine over the bigger ones any day,  I always liked smaller machines anyway,  I used to have a DC03 which I liked but could not stand the HIGH pitched motor and the very low air watts.  The DC04 is heavy and bulky but performs very well, the DC24 is small, compact, easy to lift and push and had quite good suction for its motor wattage.  I feel the DC24 head sucking on the floor/carpet as with the DC04, the DC03 the head never used to suck on the floor, felt like it was just skimming the surface.

Thank you BUCKS03. 

Carmine D.

Replies: 6 - 15 of 25Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42