Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > New Dyson DC24 issue

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
bucks03

New Dyson DC24 issue
Original Message   Nov 29, 2009 12:02 pm
Hi,

Today I bought a Dyson DC24 as I haven't bothered to repair my DC04 as the DC04 burnt out after 7 years.

The DC24 got problems with the cleaning head not staying put when the machine is lifted.  This is clearly a manufacturing fault and its poor that Dyson quality control has missed this.  Even when I properly engage the machine in upright position and lifted the machine the head would stay for a few seconds and then fall .

I took the machine back to the shop and the retailer was refusing to give me a refund!!  I did not accept this and asked for the manager,  anyway, they gave me back my £243. I was not too happy.

After usuing the machine in my home,  I can say that I really like how light it is.  The only thing is that the power cord is very short, the cleaning hose is too short to do proper stair cleaning, but then one can put the machine on the stair case or hole it in the other hand to use the wand and hose.  The suction is pretty good for a small 650w machine, but the suction is not enough to spin the car Dyson turbine head I have,  I guess I would have to use the DC05 for car cleaning.

The DC24 cleaned my carpets well, just shame about the slight problem with the head.  I may considering buying one again next year.  For the meantime, I will use the DC05 which is adequate with turbobrush head.

Regards

Replies: 1 - 25 of 25View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 25 of 25View as Thread
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42