Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > On-line User Reviews

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
CarmineD

On-line User Reviews
Original Message   Oct 1, 2009 7:24 pm
According to the experts who research and follow such matters, 80 percent of on-line buyers read on-line user reviews.  The Federal Trade Commission [FTC] will issue new guidelines for on-line posters/reviewers.  FTC warns that many of the user reviews are company employees and paid advertisers who post as personal users.  Always positive reviews, of course.  Surprise surprise!  Paid users and persons with a vested interest [read employees] will have to disclose their relationship with the company and its products.  Fines for infractions can be hefty.  As much as $300,000 and more for first time offenders.  Ouch! 

FTC advises that shoppers and buyers use more than on-line reviews to research the products [read industry experts]. 

Carmine D.

Replies: 22 - 31 of 31Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
CarmineD

Re: On-line User Reviews
Reply #22   Oct 5, 2009 7:21 am
HARDSELL wrote:

Do you think Oreck is good for deeper pile carpet and deep cleaning them?

Better than a DC07 pink with its ratcheting clutch and wimpy brush bar and self-adjusting head nozzle that sinks so far into the pile the brush roll won't revolve.

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #23   Oct 5, 2009 7:33 am
CarmineD wrote:
Better than a DC07 pink with its ratcheting clutch and wimpy brush bar and self-adjusting head nozzle that sinks so far into the pile the brush roll won't revolve.

Carmine D.

As Procare said.  The Dyson does not do all for everyone.  Neither doe the Oreck.
CarmineD

Reply #24   Oct 5, 2009 7:40 am
HARDSELL wrote:
As Procare said.  The Dyson does not do all for everyone.  Neither doe the Oreck.

HS:

You're changing Procare's statement to suit yourself.  Looks and sounds like more back peddling and pay toilet shuffling on your part. 

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #25   Oct 5, 2009 8:36 am
CarmineD wrote:
HS:

You're changing Procare's statement to suit yourself.  Looks and sounds like more back peddling and pay toilet shuffling on your part. 

Carmine D.

Not sure how you describe back peddling.  Are you saying that the Oreck is best for all?
CarmineD

Reply #26   Oct 5, 2009 8:42 am
Procare is talking about dyson not ORECK.  YOU INFER AND IMPLY ORECK based on Procare's statement.  I don't.  Nor did Procare.  That's back peddling and pay toilet shuffling on your part.

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #27   Oct 5, 2009 9:14 am
HARDSELL wrote:
As Procare said:  "The Dyson does not do all for everyone".  Neither does the Oreck in mine and many others opinions.

I have revised my post.  I do however think that Procare would agree. Otherwise he would be selling Oreck since he is interested in selling the consumer what he believes to be an excellent product.
CarmineD

Reply #28   Oct 5, 2009 9:19 am
Thank you HS.  I stand on my post as is and unchanged.

Carmine D.

HARDSELL wrote:

Do you think Oreck is good for deeper pile carpet and deep cleaning them?

Carmine D.

procare

Reply #29   Oct 5, 2009 2:52 pm
Hardsell and Carmine,

Oreck is an electric sweeper and not an electric broom. My statement about Dyson was for Dyson fans but it is meant to imply all vacuum cleaners will not suit 100% of the people. Its like I think Abe Lincoln said-You can fool some of the people all the time but not all the people all the time. That is pretty close.

Procare

CarmineD

Reply #30   Oct 5, 2009 4:08 pm
procare wrote:
Hardsell and Carmine,

Oreck is an electric sweeper and not an electric broom. My statement about Dyson was for Dyson fans but it is meant to imply all vacuum cleaners will not suit 100% of the people. Its like I think Abe Lincoln said-You can fool some of the people all the time but not all the people all the time. That is pretty close.

Procare

Hello Procare:

Well said.  ORECK doesn't make claims to its customers that are ruled false, disengenuous and out right lies.   ORECK doesn't say its the best for everybody.  ORECK makes one and only one promise and stands behind it:  If you don't an ORECK after using in your home for 30 days, return it free, no cost for shipping and handling, and keep the giveaways at ORECK's expense.   That's a simple, no nonsense, no hype, no hawk, and no lies, seller's promise.  

What puzzles me is that a seemingly intelligent consumer can do this and then complain about ORECK for 3 years and still after doing it.  No one forced it on him.  He wasn't charged for it or the giveaways which he keeps free.  he's ahead for all intents and purposes.  But still is a cry baby over it for more than 3 years.  Like saying a bagless dyson DC07 is the best dyson ever made but sells it knowing he doesn't like any other dysons on the market and uses the proceeds to buy a bagged brand.  I wonder what words of wisdom Abe would have for him?

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #31   Oct 7, 2009 7:03 am
Apparently, we are a gentler and kinder group of critics especially our neighbors across the pond.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB125470172872063071.html

Enjoy, but ..........................

this article may explain in part th reasons:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB125475547130664753.html

Both appeared on the front page of the WSJ on consecutive days.  I'm not a proponent of fed regs and rules to monitor and set human ethical behavior.  In part because we can always figure out ways to get around the rules and regs if we really have that in mind.  Such is the case here with the FTC.  You can probably come up with a few ways for people to be recipients of gifts and bennies thru third party friends and family who legally don't have to disclose the facts. 

Carmine D.

This message was modified Oct 7, 2009 by CarmineD
Replies: 22 - 31 of 31Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42