Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Airmuscle™ technology - Dyson’s DC28... A floating head on steroids.

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
DysonInventsBig

Original Message   May 14, 2009 5:50 pm
This message was modified May 15, 2009 by DysonInventsBig

Replies: 39 - 48 of 106Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Muckytuck

Reply #39   Jun 21, 2009 9:17 am
mole wrote:
As usual for dyson his inventions mean nothing to the vacuum cleaner buying public, no benefits at all to the buyer,just an  excuse to keep the r@d money flowing,

You guys talk about everything that means nothing to the consumer,sounds like research lab mumbo jumbo, when is dyson going to learn that a vacuum cleaner is a device for picking up dirt and filth from carpets and flooring? And that as long as the dirt comes out of the carpet the public really doesnt care how,

How much does this piece of artwork cost ? 3 or 4 thousand?

I see the famous dyson cyclone system cant keep up with an industry standard brush system,Oh no what do we do now,retards

regards

MOLE

Hey Mole,

You can all ways tell a person that has never used a product.  Go and get a Dyson and try it on your floors and then you will see that picking up dirt and filth from carpets is what a Dyson is all about.  Everyone I know who has a Dyson were shocked at the amount of dirt they get out of their carpets. 

The other beauty of the Dyson is there are no bags to buy and no filters to buy.  I don't have to rush out and look for bags that the manufacturer may not even make any more, (this normally happens every 5 years)  I don't have to worry about filters clogging.

Dyson is the only vacuum cleaner that I have had that does pick up all of the dirt and filth and if you pick up a spoder, you don't have to worry about it crawling down the wand, a Dyson actually kills spiders, no other vacuum does.

And as for the cost, how many cheap machines have you bought, how long have they lasted and what sort of job do they do.  The only way to find out about how good your vacuum is, is to try a Dyson.  A Dyson lasts for years.  I have had mine for 13 years now.

Don't knock something until you have tried it.

regards

Muckytuck

DysonInventsBig

Reply #40   Jun 21, 2009 11:14 am
mole wrote:
As usual for dyson his inventions mean nothing to the vacuum cleaner buying public, no benefits at all to the buyer,just an  excuse to keep the r@d money flowing,

You guys talk about everything that means nothing to the consumer,sounds like research lab mumbo jumbo, when is dyson going to learn that a vacuum cleaner is a device for picking up dirt and filth from carpets and flooring? And that as long as the dirt comes out of the carpet the public really doesnt care how,

How much does this piece of artwork cost ? 3 or 4 thousand?

I see the famous dyson cyclone system cant keep up with an industry standard brush system,Oh no what do we do now,retards

regards

MOLE

Muckytuck wrote:
Hey Mole,

You can all ways tell a person that has never used a product.  Go and get a Dyson and try it on your floors and then you will see that picking up dirt and filth from carpets is what a Dyson is all about.  Everyone I know who has a Dyson were shocked at the amount of dirt they get out of their carpets. 

The other beauty of the Dyson is there are no bags to buy and no filters to buy.  I don't have to rush out and look for bags that the manufacturer may not even make any more, (this normally happens every 5 years)  I don't have to worry about filters clogging.

Dyson is the only vacuum cleaner that I have had that does pick up all of the dirt and filth and if you pick up a spoder, you don't have to worry about it crawling down the wand, a Dyson actually kills spiders, no other vacuum does.

And as for the cost, how many cheap machines have you bought, how long have they lasted and what sort of job do they do.  The only way to find out about how good your vacuum is, is to try a Dyson.  A Dyson lasts for years.  I have had mine for 13 years now.

regards

Muckytuck

Muckytuck,

Welcome to this forum.

Be forewarned...  Mole is a long time vac independent dealer, who knows his stuff, but hates and bad-mouths Dyson and can do some name calling of us too (I think it’s funny, if it does not go to far).  I’ve learned to debate and even argue with he, Carmine and Venson and some others.  Odd as it may be, I find it fun.  Personally, I like to see how many ways bad-mouthing of Dyson independent dealers expose the tricks of their trade....  the so-called side-by-side Dyson versus their high margin (profit for the independent), antiquated function, built with off-the-shelf-parts, sack-n-choke filtered vacuums.

Lots of vac info shared amongst posters here too.  Although the Dyson story and how he and his team invent product in an industry that believes (the manufacturers believe) the vacuum had peaked and run out of innovations and/or wanted to keep folks slaved to purchasing bags their entire lives.

What Dyson model do you have?  Primarily, the closest “old” Dyson’s we have here in the U.S. are Fantom vacuums.  If you do not already know...  James Dyson licensed his technologies and developed the Fantom vacuum dual cyclone/s for a Canadian company named IONA.

DIB

mole

Reply #41   Jun 21, 2009 1:03 pm
Muckytuck wrote:
Hey Mole,

regards

Muckytuck

Hi  and welcome to the forum, Would you like to tell us what you did before you started working for dyson??????????

regards

MOLE

CarmineD

Reply #42   Jun 21, 2009 2:04 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Muckytuck,

Welcome to this forum.

Be forewarned...  Mole is a long time vac independent dealer, who knows his stuff, but hates and bad-mouths Dyson and can do some name calling of us too (I think it’s funny, if it does not go to far).  I’ve learned to debate and even argue with he, Carmine and Venson and some others.  Odd as it may be, I find it fun.  Personally, I like to see how many ways bad-mouthing of Dyson independent dealers expose the tricks of their trade....  the so-called side-by-side Dyson versus their high margin (profit for the independent), antiquated function, built with off-the-shelf-parts, sack-n-choke filtered vacuums.

Lots of vac info shared amongst posters here too.  Although the Dyson story and how he and his team invent product in an industry that believes (the manufacturers believe) the vacuum had peaked and run out of innovations and/or wanted to keep folks slaved to purchasing bags their entire lives.

What Dyson model do you have?  Primarily, the closest “old” Dyson’s we have here in the U.S. are Fantom vacuums.  If you do not already know...  James Dyson licensed his technologies and developed the Fantom vacuum dual cyclone/s for a Canadian company named IONA.

DIB

Hello DIB:

What you don't realize is that the vacuum store owners and operators get dysons in for repair bot under and out of warranty.  I mentioned here recently [and for the benefit of new posters again] that I visited an authorized dyson dealer for North Las Vegas recently.  In the store there were 6 dysons with clutch problems awaiting okay's from the customers to repair either DC07 and/or DC14 models.  I don't know how many of the owners agreed to the repairs which were for clutches, belt and brush bar run $100-$135 depending on the dealer.  I also mentioned that the store sold several new DC25 ball models and had them returned in several months with bad motor wiring harnesses.  The dyson dealer decided he would no longer sell a DC25 ball until dyson corrected the problem on the new models.  I'll mentioned again that another dyson dealer offered me a full time position to repair/refurb dysons.  Seems many come in and are repaired but the customers do not claim.  The store owner, a Church member of the same church as my daughter and son-in-law, asked me several times if I'm interested in the dyson work.  I've turned him down each time.  His store, back room and front, are filled with dysons in need of repairs, both in and out of warranty. 

Carmine D. 

mole

Reply #43   Jun 21, 2009 2:19 pm
Hi Carmine, its not that the clutch itself is bad, its the belts that ride on the clutch plate itself, dyson did a lot of R@D on what to use the clutch in but never took into consideration that the belts themselves were the problem[btw these can be fixed] i have taken the clutch apart and put in new belts, Now do you know why the dc17 used a geared tooth belt on the aggresive brush? you know the machine that ate peoples carpets,They just seem to be at a loss in what type of brush and belt system to use,

They should take a lesson from what panasonic did in the late 80s early 90s, the mc series uprights were always at the top of the pack as far as reliability and performance.

regards

MOLE

CarmineD

Reply #44   Jun 21, 2009 3:26 pm
mole wrote:
Hi Carmine, its not that the clutch itself is bad, its the belts that ride on the clutch plate itself, dyson did a lot of R@D on what to use the clutch in but never took into consideration that the belts themselves were the problem[btw these can be fixed] i have taken the clutch apart and put in new belts, Now do you know why the dc17 used a geared tooth belt on the aggresive brush? you know the machine that ate peoples carpets,They just seem to be at a loss in what type of brush and belt system to use,

They should take a lesson from what panasonic did in the late 80s early 90s, the mc series uprights were always at the top of the pack as far as reliability and performance.

regards

MOLE

Hello MOLE:

Now add to the already expensive dyson customers' repairs a "pneumatic actuator"  "high torque clutch" [rather than just the old run of the mill dyson clutch] and a "powered cam" on dyson's latest DC28.   Lot's of luck.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #45   Jun 22, 2009 7:25 am
mole wrote:

regards

MOLE

Hi MOLE:

I understand dyson's DC28 is at the local BEST BUY.  $599.   After I stop off at the ORECK store, I'll drop by BEST BUY and check out the latest dyson upright.  Wondering if the belt on this latest dyson is a customer repair or, like the old run of the mill dyson cluthes, a dealer required repair.  Consumer Reports hasn't yet picked up to the dyson belt replacement/repairs in the clutch models for its rankings/ratings.  

Carmine D.

mole

Reply #46   Jun 22, 2009 8:57 am
CarmineD wrote:
Hi MOLE:

I understand dyson's DC28 is at the local BEST BUY.  $599.   After I stop off at the ORECK store, I'll drop by BEST BUY and check out the latest dyson upright.

Carmine D.

Almost  6 beans for a department store dyson, Whats the real price? I quess its a good thing though when a customer is looking at machines in that price range they start looking at the indys  offerings.

Speaking of which why have not the indys enbraced the dc28 with open arms considering that those wicked,no ethics,scammers are strickly profit motivated??

MOLE

Venson

Reply #47   Jun 22, 2009 12:30 pm
mole wrote:
Almost  6 beans for a department store dyson, Whats the real price?

MOLE

My friend, were I in Vegas or if this was "The Price Is Right", I'd call $350 give or take 20 bucks per a minimum order deal.

Venson
CarmineD

Reply #48   Jun 22, 2009 2:47 pm
Hello Venson, MOLE et al:

BEST BUY is not the best buy for DC28 [pardon the pun].  Not at 6 beannies.  The sales associate was trying hard to make her very first DC28 sale but not for 6 C notes.  She finally recommended that I watch for BB sales and talked up the BB 30 day price match.  My feeling is this model will drop in price in the near term when it gathers more dust on it than in it.

Impressive rug performer.  Probably the best of all dyson's uprights to date.  The brush roll is vintage DC17 with the extras, cam and clutch.  Not all that heavy at 20.6 pounds unless you set the brush roll for low rug pile.  Then the bulk and weight are very obvious.  On a positive note, the new dyson height adjustments should serve dyson well for pre-empting the rug damage done by the DC17.  The trade off in push/pull weight is the rug cleaning.  You get easier hand and arm feel with the medium adjustment.  Drop it to low and cleaning improves but the airmuscle kicks in the arm-muscle. 

3 months for filter washing cycles on both filters-pre and post according to the sales associate.  I didn't verify.

Carmine D.

Replies: 39 - 48 of 106Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42