Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Full Hoover Platinum Collection Microsite now up...

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
TTIpowerT

Full Hoover Platinum Collection Microsite now up...
Original Message   Feb 20, 2009 5:06 pm
http://www.hoover.com/platinum/
Replies: 6 - 15 of 35Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
TTIpowerT

Re: Full Hoover Platinum Collection Microsite now up...
Reply #6   Feb 20, 2009 8:18 pm
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/090220/ny73274.html?.v=1

Oscars are part of the launch according to press release.
lazaruspup

Reply #7   Feb 20, 2009 11:26 pm
Yeah it might sound crazy but if they had put a little R&D into a bagged Platinum canister or a better designed bagless canister, I might have invested in the cann as well as the bagged upright. I hope Hoover can get some good publicity and put forth a longstanding good product; there are a lot of good workers still left at TTI in Ohio that need some positive sales and morale boost.
iMacDaddy

Electrolux UltraOne EL7070, Bissell BigGreen Deep Cleaning Machine

Reply #8   Feb 21, 2009 12:33 am
That new carpet cleaner looks very interesting, especially with the brush roll+Spin Scrub agitation (I would like to know if they're motor driven or air driven), and the channeled exhaust nozzle directed into the carpet. The price is rather high at $450-$500, and I would not hesitate to jump into the Rug Doctor price range if this new Platinum carpet cleaner isn't up to high standards. Anyone planning on getting the new Platinum carpet cleaner?
This message was modified Feb 21, 2009 by iMacDaddy
CarmineD

Reply #9   Feb 21, 2009 7:04 am
The praiseworthy rankings and ratings of the HOOVER TTI uprights received the primary discussions here.  Tho not mentioned probably due to the overshadowing of its uprights, are the HOOVER canisters which fared very well too.  For example, in the number 4 spot is the H-S3670 with a MSRP $300 and in number 7 is the H-S3765 with a MSRP $250.  Both get CR's coveted "Best Buy" recommendations.  Considering that only 3 of the 21 canns receive the CR Best Buy for March 2009 and HOOVER gets 2, speaks volumes from the CR perspective.  BTW, the number one spot for Kenmore's Intuition rated a CR "recommended" not a BEST BUY probably due to the high price of $600.

Considering too that uprights are still the more popular vacuum of choice by Americans vice canns,  HOOVER TTI is excelling in a total venue of floor care products especially when compared with its current more pricey and oft more praised competition. 

CR is clearly impressed with the HOOVER TTI vacuum line up.  Bodes well for the brand and its sales. 

Carmine D.

This message was modified Feb 21, 2009 by CarmineD
CarmineD

Reply #10   Feb 21, 2009 7:13 am
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Suing thieves, now that’s an idea. 

Even better, suing liars.

Carmine D.

lazaruspup

Reply #11   Mar 16, 2009 11:45 am
So I thought I would post a little update on the Platinum Lightweight Bagged combo. This week I won a vacuum in an online contest but wasn't sure what it was going to be. The contest just said, we'll send you a vacuum to review, and if you review it, it's yours to keep. Well Friday, a box showed up at my door and low and behold inside was a Bissell Healthy Home Bagless Vacuum. I didn't really even consider opening it, I was going to go donate it to charity, but the curiosity got the best of me. So I gave it the old, sweep with the old vacuum and go over with the new. I ran the bagged Platinum throughout the house under the beds, area rugs, hardwoods, tile, and all. I then put the Healthy Home together. First impression, what a monster! This thing is about one and half times the size of a DC14 and about twice as heavy. I can't imagine anyone trying to push this thing around thats not in good health. I ran the Healthy Home throughout the house and was downright astounded at the results. The Healthy Home trounced the Hoover. I literally had to empty the HH halfway through, then keep going. By the time I was done, I had emptied twice and still had more dog hair and small particle dirt in the bin. I am now stuck with the dilemma. I love the Platinum but why isn't it working this well? I have posted a full review of the Healthy Home over in the reviews if anyone wants to read it.
Venson

Reply #12   Mar 16, 2009 12:30 pm
Hi laz,

The Hoover Platinum is a different animal. It is direct air and pulls about 400 watts and the Healthy Home has a lot more suction power. If there is anything lacking regarding the Platinum it may be the brushroll design. Hoover started out with machines that did well and used the same amount of power as the Platinum -- or even less.

This is not to say the Platinum is bad. It may serve best when used on a frequent basis. My feeling remains that the more you vacuum -- with whatever you have to use -- the less chance for stuff becoming embedded and building up in your rugs. That' said . . .

The Healthy Home did get good ratings in Consumer Reports. It rated "very good" on carpets, excellent on bare floors and emissions and scored "good" for suction, noise and pet hair pick-up. "Fair" was the score it got for handling. If you really like the results you get and don't mind the extra weight, then it would seem obvious that you should keep the Healthy Home 'cause even better, it's free.

By the way, I'm jealous. I haven't won anything since 1993.

Best,

Venson
CarmineD

Reply #13   Mar 17, 2009 7:38 am
Venson wrote:

By the way, I'm jealous. I haven't won anything since 1993.

Best,

Venson

Need to come to Vegas, Venson.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #14   Mar 18, 2009 7:56 am
lazaruspup wrote:
 I then put the Healthy Home together. First impression, what a monster! This thing is about one and half times the size of a DC14 and about twice as heavy. I can't imagine anyone trying to push this thing around thats not in good health. I ran the Healthy Home throughout the house and was downright astounded at the results. The Healthy Home trounced the Hoover. I literally had to empty the HH halfway through, then keep going. By the time I was done, I had emptied twice and still had more dog hair and small particle dirt in the bin. I am now stuck with the dilemma. I love the Platinum but why isn't it working this well? I have posted a full review of the Healthy Home over in the reviews if anyone wants to read it.

Did you note the brush roll in the BISSELL HH looks like the HOOVER WT brushroll?

Carmine D.

lazaruspup

Reply #15   Mar 18, 2009 10:24 am
<BR> CarmineD wrote:
Did you note the brush roll in the BISSELL HH looks like the HOOVER WT brushroll?&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Carmine D.<BR>
<BR>Venson/Carmine,<BR><BR>Its funny you mention that because out of pure curiosity I dissected some of the Bissell yesterday to see what all is at work. The brushroll, as yes I noted in my review, looks remarkable like the WT brushroll. Now, I will say it does not work like the WT brushroll to the effect of pulling items into the airpath. I did the rice test that I mentioned in the Hoover Bagged review on the Bissell and low and behold it pulled the rice in without scatter but it did not pull from beyond the head like the Platinum did. You can notice when you use the Platinum that items within about an inch of the head to the front and to the sides get pulled in because of the airflow. Unfortunately though those items become scattered when they hit the brushroll that can't be shut off. Also I saw you took a trip to Best Buy and played with the models there. I can confirm the head on the Bagged model does not touch the floor effectively. At all times I could slip a finger between the head and the rug that I was vacuuming. <BR><BR>Laz
This message was modified Mar 18, 2009 by lazaruspup
Replies: 6 - 15 of 35Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42