Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Full Hoover Platinum Collection Microsite now up...

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
TTIpowerT

Full Hoover Platinum Collection Microsite now up...
Original Message   Feb 20, 2009 5:06 pm
http://www.hoover.com/platinum/
Replies: 16 - 25 of 35Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Venson

Re: Full Hoover Platinum Collection Microsite now up...
Reply #16   Mar 27, 2009 1:27 pm
Hi,

Check out the HSN spot for the Platinum stick vac (click on "video" icon). Also check out customer reviews.

http://home-solutions.hsn.com/hoover-platinum-collection-cordless-stick-vacuum-with-lithium-ion-battery-and-charger_pf-377985_xp.aspx?club_id=377985&sz=888&sf=HW0090&rdr=1&cm_mmc=Shopping%20Engine-_-NexTag-_-Home%20Solutions-_-Hoover

Best,

Venson
CarmineD

Reply #17   Mar 27, 2009 1:36 pm
Hi Venson:

Did these reviews convince you to go with the Lynx cordless HOOVER WT stick vice the Flair?  Despite the cost difference?

Carmine D.

Venson

Reply #18   Mar 27, 2009 2:39 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hi Venson:</p><p>Did these reviews convince you to go with the Lynx cordless HOOVER WT stick vice the Flair?  Despite the cost difference?</p><p>Carmine D.

Hi Carmine,

I am always more interested in what people who have actually bought and brought home a product have to say. Yes, I may well be inclined to want one but just this moment it is not a practical expense and for my purposes, a quick run up and down the stairs, may be overkill. This is probably best for someone with a lot of living space to spruce up. If you saw the video, did you notice that run time was never mention and that the same machine was not used throughout?

I'm prepared to wait or keep an eye peeled on pricegrabber.com and eBay to get the best deal I can. The $180 price may well be due to TTI's not anticipating much after market money coming in on this particular machine. Filters are washable, no bags are required and batteries should be viable for at least a couple of years.

Then again, my friends up the who gave me the great deal on the S7 might make another offer I just can't refuse.

Venson
CarmineD

Reply #19   Mar 28, 2009 7:49 am
Venson wrote:
Hi Carmine,

If you saw the video, did you notice that run time was never mention and that the same machine was not used throughout?

Then again, my friends up the who gave me the great deal on the S7 might make another offer I just can't refuse.

Venson

Hi Venson:

I did, in fact I recorded/viewed when launched on HSN.  Only 70 HOOVER Lynx Cordless sticks to sell at the time. HSN uses several models in their TV demoes.  I believe for visual effects.  If I recall, the run time is 12-15 minutes and if I recall correctly, and I don't always, the charge time is 3 hours.  The Lynx cordless, tho a quicker picker upper, gives MIELE a run for the money.  If users continue to be impressed with the HOOVER Lynx cordless, I wouldn't be surprised to see an updated model and version very soon at a slightly higher price.

Carmine D.

Venson

Reply #20   Mar 28, 2009 8:14 am
Hiya Carmine,

Miele already produces two bagged sticks. One model can be fitted with the Miele PN of your choice. They're good but as usual pricey.

Last night, I of course perused eBay and sure enough the Platinum stick is there priced from over $300 to as low as $109.

Venson
CarmineD

Reply #21   Mar 29, 2009 8:52 am
Venson wrote:
Hiya Carmine,

Miele already produces two bagged sticks. One model can be fitted with the Miele PN of your choice. They're good but as usual pricey.

Last night, I of course perused eBay and sure enough the Platinum stick is there priced from over $300 to as low as $109.

Venson

Hi Venson:

MIELE needs to get on the "stick" so to speak and scrub paper bags for sticks.  They are passe.  People want to buy inexpensive hand/stick vacuums that are bagless and don't cost alot of extra time/money to use/reuse daily.  Bags should be reserved for full-sized vacuums with full-size vacuum dirt capacities unless vacuum customers don't mind all the up close and personal dirt bin dumping. 

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #22   Apr 1, 2009 1:36 pm
The HOOVER Platinum Collection:  Bagless full sized upright, lightweight bagged upright and companion compact canister, and cordless power stick vacuum, all with windtunnel technology, are selling at Wal*Mart stores now.  W*M has a shelf load of the cordless sticks.  Good planning on its part.

Carmine D. 

HARDSELL

Reply #23   Apr 1, 2009 8:06 pm
CarmineD wrote:
The HOOVER Platinum Collection:  Bagless full sized upright, lightweight bagged upright and companion compact canister, and cordless power stick vacuum, all with windtunnel technology, are selling at Wal*Mart stores now.  W*M has a shelf load of the cordless sticks.  Good planning on its part.

Carmine D. 

They have been on the shelves for a few weeks.  Of course the Bissell HH has already been reported to be a much better performer.
CarmineD

Reply #24   Apr 2, 2009 7:35 am
Wait sir.  Now I'm confused more than with the clutch/motorized brush roll on the DC27 now.  HH for Healthy Home upright vice a cordless power stick?  You got me now HS.  Is this a last minute April Fool's Day ploy?

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #25   Apr 2, 2009 9:18 am
CarmineD wrote:

Carmine D. 

I did not notice this as being a cordless stick.
Replies: 16 - 25 of 35Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42