Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Full Hoover Platinum Collection Microsite now up...

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
TTIpowerT

Full Hoover Platinum Collection Microsite now up...
Original Message   Feb 20, 2009 5:06 pm
http://www.hoover.com/platinum/
Replies: 1 - 10 of 35NextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Venson

Re: Full Hoover Platinum Collection Microsite now up...
Reply #1   Feb 20, 2009 6:02 pm
Thanks TTIpowerT,

I was happy to get a look at the entire Platinum collection. I haven't seen the new canister before. I'm interested to see how well it will fare. Of course the "no loss of suction" statement did not escape me. Wonder if you know who will sue.

Venson
CarmineD

Reply #2   Feb 20, 2009 6:39 pm
Hi Venson:

Just my gut feel here.  Brands are given more freedom on what they say on their own Web sites [short of lying] with regard to their own vacuum's attributes.  Where they run into problems is in advertising the same claims in comparison to other brands in a line up and/or with major retailers making these same product claims.

Carmine D.

lazaruspup

Reply #3   Feb 20, 2009 7:20 pm
Venson wrote:
Thanks TTIpowerT,<BR><BR>I was happy to get a look at the entire Platinum collection. I haven't seen the new canister before. I'm interested to see how well it will fare. Of course the &quot;no loss of suction&quot; statement did not escape me. Wonder if you know who will sue.<BR><BR>Venson

As I stated in a thread a few days ago, the canister is simply another rehash of a TTI produced Hoover Elite Canister that looks to be only available at Sears and Amazon. It is the original Vax bagless canister design that Vax used to compete against Dyson from the early 2000's. I check it out at Sears in person when I was in the market and found it to be less than a desirable design, working off the cyclonic bagless design with a HEPA filter that needs replacement. It was very close to the old Fantom designs. As an owner of the Platinum Bagged Upright, I don't think I would spend the same on a redesigned model that hasn't gotten great reviews or seen much exposure. I thought the Platinum line was supposed to be the TTI creme de la creme.
DysonInventsBig

Reply #4   Feb 20, 2009 7:44 pm
Venson wrote:
Thanks TTIpowerT,

Of course the "no loss of suction" statement did not escape me. Wonder if you know who will sue.

Venson

Suing thieves, now that’s an idea.  Red-Hoover does a hell-of-a-job when it comes to copying others.  They fall flat on their face when it comes to having their own [radical] break-thru ideas.

China's IP abuses...
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=607074904984
This message was modified Feb 20, 2009 by DysonInventsBig

Venson

Reply #5   Feb 20, 2009 8:05 pm
lazaruspup wrote:
As I stated in a thread a few days ago, the canister is simply another rehash of a TTI produced Hoover Elite Canister that looks to be only available at Sears and Amazon. It is the original Vax bagless canister design that Vax used to compete against Dyson from the early 2000's. I check it out at Sears in person when I was in the market and found it to be less than a desirable design, working off the cyclonic bagless design with a HEPA filter that needs replacement. It was very close to the old Fantom designs. As an owner of the Platinum Bagged Upright, I don't think I would spend the same on a redesigned model that hasn't gotten great reviews or seen much exposure. I thought the Platinum line was supposed to be the TTI creme de la creme.

Hi lazaruspup,

You may well be right about the canister's merely being a throw-in but I guess they already spent a bundle on the rechargeable stick and both of the other new uprights plus the little cann -- not to mention the new bagged S3670 canister they put out a while back. In any event, I have not been aware of any special promo efforts on TTI's part regarding this specific model.

Venson
TTIpowerT

Reply #6   Feb 20, 2009 8:18 pm
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/090220/ny73274.html?.v=1

Oscars are part of the launch according to press release.
lazaruspup

Reply #7   Feb 20, 2009 11:26 pm
Yeah it might sound crazy but if they had put a little R&D into a bagged Platinum canister or a better designed bagless canister, I might have invested in the cann as well as the bagged upright. I hope Hoover can get some good publicity and put forth a longstanding good product; there are a lot of good workers still left at TTI in Ohio that need some positive sales and morale boost.
iMacDaddy

Electrolux UltraOne EL7070, Bissell BigGreen Deep Cleaning Machine

Reply #8   Feb 21, 2009 12:33 am
That new carpet cleaner looks very interesting, especially with the brush roll+Spin Scrub agitation (I would like to know if they're motor driven or air driven), and the channeled exhaust nozzle directed into the carpet. The price is rather high at $450-$500, and I would not hesitate to jump into the Rug Doctor price range if this new Platinum carpet cleaner isn't up to high standards. Anyone planning on getting the new Platinum carpet cleaner?
This message was modified Feb 21, 2009 by iMacDaddy
CarmineD

Reply #9   Feb 21, 2009 7:04 am
The praiseworthy rankings and ratings of the HOOVER TTI uprights received the primary discussions here.  Tho not mentioned probably due to the overshadowing of its uprights, are the HOOVER canisters which fared very well too.  For example, in the number 4 spot is the H-S3670 with a MSRP $300 and in number 7 is the H-S3765 with a MSRP $250.  Both get CR's coveted "Best Buy" recommendations.  Considering that only 3 of the 21 canns receive the CR Best Buy for March 2009 and HOOVER gets 2, speaks volumes from the CR perspective.  BTW, the number one spot for Kenmore's Intuition rated a CR "recommended" not a BEST BUY probably due to the high price of $600.

Considering too that uprights are still the more popular vacuum of choice by Americans vice canns,  HOOVER TTI is excelling in a total venue of floor care products especially when compared with its current more pricey and oft more praised competition. 

CR is clearly impressed with the HOOVER TTI vacuum line up.  Bodes well for the brand and its sales. 

Carmine D.

This message was modified Feb 21, 2009 by CarmineD
CarmineD

Reply #10   Feb 21, 2009 7:13 am
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Suing thieves, now that’s an idea. 

Even better, suing liars.

Carmine D.

Replies: 1 - 10 of 35NextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42