Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > NEW!!! TTI releases HOOVER PLATINUM COLLECTION

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
TTIpowerT

NEW!!! TTI releases HOOVER PLATINUM COLLECTION
Original Message   Oct 25, 2008 9:43 pm
http://www.hooverpressroom.com/

The Hoover Platinum Collection according to ASTM608 carpet testing includes the best cleaning bagged upright and best cleaning cyclonic bagless upright on the market today!

Includes:

*Linx cordless system with 18v Lithium ion technology on a hand and light/stick vac.

*Bagged Upright: Most powerful lightweight vacuum in the marketplace removes more dirt in one pass than other uprights(ASTM F-608)

*Baggless Upright : Removes more dirt than any other bagless vacuum on the market using multi-stage cyclonic filtration system and Hoover’s patented WindTunnel™ technology which utilizes three suction tunnels to lift and remove even the hidden dirt (Per ASTM F608)

*New Carpet Cleaner Removes more dirt from carpet than any other leading brand of carpet cleaner (test FCTP-0024)

*Best in class 6 yr warranty!
Replies: 77 - 86 of 89Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
hoovergroover

Re: NEW!!! TTI releases HOOVER PLATINUM COLLECTION
Reply #77   Dec 12, 2008 12:40 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hello HooverGroover:

Good thinking on the WT model name.  I went to the HOOVER Web Site just in the event that was the case to read the Linx stick vacuum specs.  Lo and behold here's the official words from the HOOVER Web Site:

• Fade Free Power: Interchangeable 18 Volt Lithium Ion battery ensures the battery sustains power until it is completely drained
  • Cordless Convenience with powerful upright performance
  • First cordless stick vacuum with Hoover's patented WindTunnel technology, which utilizes three suction tunnels to lift and remove even the hidden dirt
  • One-touch Brushroll activation makes easy transition from hard floors to carpets
  • Edge Cleaning Bristles allow for closer access to walls and corners 6. Low Profile Base and Extreme Recline Handle allow for easy access under furniture
  • Unique Wide Mouth Opening makes quick work of vacuuming cereal, pet food, etc.
  • Battery Fuel Gauge: Battery Level Indicator instantly registers remaining battery life
  • Best-In-Class Six-Year Warranty
  • Energy Star Rated Environmentally Friendly Appliance

I am a WT tried and true believer.  The difference in carpet cleaning and grooming with the HOOVER WT is self-evident.  My dear Wife always knows when I use the WT vice any other upright vacuum.  It beats all other uprights on rugs and carpets for all time. 

Carmine D.

Hey Carmine,

I guess I may be splitting hairs.. But in this description:  Unique Wide Mouth Opening makes quick work of vacuuming cereal, pet food, etc.  Does this not modify the WT design? Should it still be called WT? Also where is the WT Duct cover which funnels debris from the front channel (tunnel) to the suction port? Where is the front channel (tunnel)? Where is the back channel (tunnel)? The only similarity I see and I'm looking at one now is the Helix brush design. This one feature alone to Hoovers own description of what windtunnel is does not cut the mustard. Although this cleaner works great and whatever, they can call it windtunnel like the monkier steamvac, The only similarity I see is the helix brush. we obviously have a case of  one foot on land and one toe in the water. Wt is brand awareness, great job on this WT Variant/Hybrid  though I love it.

Hoovergroover

hoovergroover

Reply #78   Dec 12, 2008 12:59 pm
Ok I couldn't figure out how to embedd a pic. here is a link which shows graphically what Windtunnel is. It is somewhat difficult to see the channels in the plastics and the presence of the dirt duct, but you can see the airflow at least.

http://www.omahadoor.com/images/central_vacuum/Windtunnel.jpg

This message was modified Dec 12, 2008 by hoovergroover
CarmineD

Reply #79   Dec 12, 2008 1:46 pm
Hello HooverGroover:

The cut away of the WT power nozzle is excellent.  However, keep in mind that to allow viewers to see the 3 way air flow anfd brush roll, the tunnel at the front of the nozzle which concentrates suction across the entire front nozzle thru to the rear opening is omitted.  If it were pictured, the brush roll would not be visible in the view.  The WT PN replicates the WT Linx cordless head design and function which as I mentioned takes a page from the Floormate design.

Carmine D.

DysonInventsBig

Reply #80   Dec 12, 2008 3:12 pm
Come on Carmine, this hole in the Linx is a Cherrio Hole and air-leak and nothing else.  It defeats/weakens the Windtunnel "patented" concept.  Hoover spends millions conditioning the public to believe their "patented" Windtunnel is science (why it obtained a patent) and credible, and is the core reason Hoover ranks high in Consumer Reports and why one should purchase.  Cutting a *Cherrio Hole in the WT (WT/Cherrio Hole combo) or not having a WT altogether is a con.

DIB

An example:  In this HSN presentation, the Hoover rep pronounces WT as the reason for high CR rankings (in the 1st minute of video)...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohNC6K9qWVw

*Cat sand, rice and alike too.

This message was modified Dec 12, 2008 by DysonInventsBig

CarmineD

Reply #81   Dec 12, 2008 5:57 pm
Did you mean to say "cherry" hole and/or cheery ho?  

The reviews on the WT Linx cordless STICK VACUUM to date are very good.  No doubt the WT technology, as previously described and explained, is the key element in the performance.   Excellent move on TTI/HOOVER's part to design a cordless stick vacuum with WT technology.   It will reap in the profits with sales at the $179 price.  No competition for it on the market today.  Innovative and inexpensive.  A winning product combination, especially in the big box stores' venue, among consumers.  Especially in hard economic times with consumers holding back. 

The Linx cordless stick vacuum should be making its way into the big box stores early next year.  Nice way to start off the beginning of the year.  With a brand new innovative vacuum product: CORDLESS STICK VACUUM.  Right in time for the after holidays' clean up.  Dyson fans: Eat your hearts out.  That is, if the HOOVER WT Linx cordless STICK VACUUM doesn't first.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Dec 13, 2008 by CarmineD
CarmineD

Reply #82   Dec 18, 2008 7:21 am
WRT Steve Jobs/Apple analogy to James/dyson, seems the latest sales/profit results at Apple have put Mr. Jobs' employment at risk and him back in the hot seat.  Apple sales way down, the Board is considering removing him, and the company announced that Mr. Jobs will not be the guest speaker at the iMac World Conference in January, as has been his custom for years primarily to annnounce new Apple products.  Some are saying that there are no new products.  All innovated out!  Also at risk, the premium pricing strategy that Jobs instituted with all Apple products by frowning on discounts/sales.  Apparently, the strategy is believed to be the cause of the huge fall off in Apple sales.  And Apple products may even find their way into Wal*Mart stores to shore up lagging sales/profits.  Something Jobs strongly resisted in the past.

BEST BUY announced a fall of current year sales of almost 80 percent offering severance pay/package to all its 4,000 headquarters employees.  Might explain the recent observations by posters here, including myself, that the vacuum pickins at BB stores are slim to nil.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Dec 18, 2008 by CarmineD
mole

Reply #83   Dec 18, 2008 10:22 am
Hi Carmine,my reasoning is as follows,the on line stores and ebay in particular have ruined the brick and motar stores. The overhead is killing them,there is just no room for a decent profit anymore for the B@M stores.When you take out the money incentive to the in store sales reps,they just dont do anything,and why should they?

Its all on line now,they created this monster,NOW they have to deal with it.

B.T.W we are super busy, we know our job .Do they????????????

sincerly

MOLE

Venson

Reply #84   Dec 18, 2008 12:13 pm
CarmineD wrote:

BEST BUY announced a fall of current year sales of almost 80 percent offering severance pay/package to all its 4,000 headquarters employees.  Might explain the recent observations by posters here, including myself, that the vacuum pickins at BB stores are slim to nil.

Carmine D.

Hi,

I was just in Best Buy last week and the only surprise was that I got the newly released  "Dark Knight" on DVD for just 20 bucks.  Considering past browsing for the same kind of of thing -- a popular movie's first release on DVD -- I was sure it would be selling for five to ten dollars more.

The vacuum aisle remains the same.  A few Dirt Devils and Hoover cheapies and a couple of high-priced Dysons.  My community is composed of a mixture of low to middle income level inhabitants, many among either income level might like the idea of quality but are prepared to excuse the lack in favor of more money immediately present in the wallet.  I also noted a lot of apparently confused shoppers in the microwave oven aisle.  All that is being offered is a lot of stuff that all looks the same except for color and the number of knobs and buttons without any standing out by way of particular advantantage.

MOLE, believe me I suffer with you.  Nonetheless, when you work hard for your money -- as I'm sure you and the rest of us do -- if your wage is not out of the ordinary there's a need to  hold onto as much of it as you can. Free spender that I am, I want a real wallop for my buck.  Most of hte shopping public is looking for the exact same thing.

By the way, I am leaving a post I filled for more than eight years not because I wished to but because the face of the economy has changed.  Scary but there'll be no time to think on it much.  I am expected to "adapt" and move ahead.  

For good or ill, the computer age has changed all our lives although it is often a thoroughly impersonal realm in which it's all about dollars and cents.  Not to diminish the brick and mortar world, online offerings have allowed people who otherwise might not  have enough capital to get in the game and at least have a chance to  try to make something that's their own.  The essential is, whether business is done on a computer or in building, you've got to have skills and you've got to have talent.  You have both plus vast experience.  I'd strongly advise investigating how you may make use of both the internet and brick and mortar to expand and enhance your possibilities.

You are in a far better position than many of us because you already have a business in place.  It might be foolish thinking on my part but if what I have to work with is mine -- the sky's the limit.  Anything is possible.

Venson
This message was modified Dec 18, 2008 by Venson
CarmineD

Reply #85   Dec 18, 2008 12:36 pm
In comparisons of BEST BUY and Wal*Mart stores and who's got the biggest sales of them all for CD's, I'm told that Wal*Mart's AC/DC "Black Ice" exclusive has US sales of 1,055,000 in its first two weeks in stores vice BEST BUY's Guns N' Roses exclusive album "Chinese Democracy" with 318,000.  Bad news for the nation's biggest electronics chain by sales [BEST BUY] which paid MILLIONS of dollars up front for 1.3 million copies of the GNR's album.  When it rains, it pours!

Perhaps this is the reason in part that rumor has it that Apple's iPhone is expected to be sold at Wal*Mart stores, possibly even at a discount!  Much to the chagrin of Mr. Jobs, the current CEO, who eschews discounts and Wal*Mart!  But then until last month, Apple's premium pricing seem to be paying off.  In September Apple was boasting a stock price of $150.  Today its down to $95.  Due in part to Job's announcement in October that the company was not cutting prices on Macs [46 % of yearly revenue].   Quoting Jobs: "We're not tremendously worried that the downturn will drive customers to cheaper PC's."  And also attributed to Jobs:  "We don't know how to make a $500 computer that's not junk."  Wonder if he's had a change of mind/heart? 

Like I say, company inventors/founders are not their own best CEO, especially in bad economic times.

Carmine D. 

This message was modified Dec 18, 2008 by CarmineD
CarmineD

Reply #86   Dec 19, 2008 7:03 am
mole wrote:
Hi Carmine,my reasoning is as follows,the on line stores and ebay in particular have ruined the brick and mortar stores. The overhead is killing them,there is just no room for a decent profit anymore for the B@M stores.When you take out the money incentive to the in store sales reps,they just dont do anything,and why should they?

Its all on line now,they created this monster,NOW they have to deal with it.

B.T.W we are super busy, we know our job .Do they????????????

sincerly

MOLE

Hello MOLE:

In bad times like these, you have the business advantage over the big box retailers and new vacuum dealers.  Not so in good times when they can undercut your prices and push products at much lower prices than you can buy/sell.  Anyone can run a company in good times, it takes a smart business man to run a business in bad times, like these.  The reason I like the small vacuum cleaner store owners and operators much better than the big box stores for quality brand vacuum sales.  It's not about a one time purchase, it's about a business relationship.  You provide that to customers.  Not the big box stores. 

You don't specialize in one vacuum brand.  You sell and repair all brands including rebuilts.  Plus, you are a full service central vacuum store.  In bad times when people keep their vacuums longer, you survive on parts and service.  And even with sales of rebuilts for folks who don't want to buy new [can't afford] but want a quality vacuum for their money.   

Glad to hear and know that business is good.  Keep on keeping on.

Carmine D.

Replies: 77 - 86 of 89Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42