Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > NEW!!! TTI releases HOOVER PLATINUM COLLECTION

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
TTIpowerT

NEW!!! TTI releases HOOVER PLATINUM COLLECTION
Original Message   Oct 25, 2008 9:43 pm
http://www.hooverpressroom.com/

The Hoover Platinum Collection according to ASTM608 carpet testing includes the best cleaning bagged upright and best cleaning cyclonic bagless upright on the market today!

Includes:

*Linx cordless system with 18v Lithium ion technology on a hand and light/stick vac.

*Bagged Upright: Most powerful lightweight vacuum in the marketplace removes more dirt in one pass than other uprights(ASTM F-608)

*Baggless Upright : Removes more dirt than any other bagless vacuum on the market using multi-stage cyclonic filtration system and Hoover’s patented WindTunnel™ technology which utilizes three suction tunnels to lift and remove even the hidden dirt (Per ASTM F608)

*New Carpet Cleaner Removes more dirt from carpet than any other leading brand of carpet cleaner (test FCTP-0024)

*Best in class 6 yr warranty!
Replies: 67 - 76 of 89Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
CarmineD

Re: NEW!!! TTI releases HOOVER PLATINUM COLLECTION
Reply #67   Dec 6, 2008 3:59 pm
Hello Actionvac:

I have to agree if they buy from the big box retailers.  If they buy from a vacuum store, consumers will be better served for parts and service.  There is an irony in this development.  HOOVER back for sale where they started in the independent vacuum stores.  If hefty fines and fees are levied for peoples' disposal of plastic throw away vacuums for recycling, perhaps we'll see a return of the all metals.  Now that would be ironic.  Especially if it happens in my lifetime.

Carmine D.

DysonInventsBig

Reply #68   Dec 6, 2008 4:29 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hello DIB:

Lest you forget, I'll refresh your memory.  ORECK suffered a direct hit on its New Orleans LA plant in August 2005 by Hurricane Katrina. It didn't miss a beat.  First, ORECK accounted for all its employees:  Paid them their full salaries and benefits during all the ORECK down time; moved its Headquarters operations temporarily to Texas; conducted business operations out of its network of 500 Clean Home Health Centers; and permanently relocated its production facilities to Tennessee.  During the aftermath of the Hurricane, ORECK family members reached out to the medical facilities and shelters to assist the Hurricane victims by contributing their time and money to the recovery efforts.  Sadly, several dyson campers wallowed in ORECK's tragic events and circumstances.  Boldly declaring ORECK dead, and ready to dance on its grave.   You forget! 

Your foam filter analysis is foolhardy.  The HOOVER TTI "cordless" Linx stick vacuum is for quick pick ups and sells for $179.   Your fave "corded" full sized vacuum sells for $400 plus.  And dyson's false/exaggerated claims that it never clogged with nearly maintenance free lifetime filters and zero costs.  Dyson traditionally likes to match itself up against lesser expensive brands and models.  Rather than equally expensive and, heaven forbid, more expensive brands.   Self-serving comparisons.  Admissions of overpricing.   Lest you forget too, I'll remind you, that the 2 dyson models you cite which require monthly filter maintenance are it's latest and greatest for $400/$500 plus.  Better than reading the funnies.

Carmine D.

Hey Carmine,

Good luck getting traction on your Oreck is selling their 30 year old designed $400, $500, $700 vacuums at discounts/deep discounts because of the 2005 Katrina tragedy, all the while most of the world is discounting during this economic slide.

Hypocritical of you to state it is “sad[ly]” that some used the Katrina tragedy as a opportunity to predict Oreck’s demise all the while you state celebrated predictions of a Dyson downturn during these [tragic] economic times.

I’ll tell you what, Oreck better start inventing cutting edge product and not just advertise it as so. - Sustaining American manufacturing jobs may be dependent on it.

DIB
This message was modified Dec 7, 2008 by DysonInventsBig

CarmineD

Reply #69   Dec 6, 2008 4:42 pm
Hello DIB:

Still upset I see about your 2008 dyson bonus?

Lest you forget, I'll remind you.  For over 45 years ORECK has been made in the USA.  Buy American and keep jobs and money here in the USA.  Lest you forget too, HOOVER produces/sells vacuums in the big box retail stores with prices of $70-$200.  Performance wise, these are better than the more expensive brands and models like yours.  At least American consumers are getting their money's worth from the cheap foreign labor. 

It's pathetic for upstart companies to manufacture products in countries with slave labor wages [w/o guilt].  Then, turn around to sell them at luxury prices.  It's sticking it to consumers.  How?  With spiffy designs, colors, and false/exaggerated claims.  Based on the falling market share for your fave brand in the UK, the Brits agree.  Won't be long and the Americans too!  How much will dyson bonuses be then?  

Carmine D.

This message was modified Dec 6, 2008 by CarmineD
DysonInventsBig

Reply #70   Dec 7, 2008 6:55 am
Lucky1 wrote:
I believe you are approaching my post from a technological stand point, yet I am discussing a marketing strategy. Go back and read my post and tell me where Dyson differs.

Lucky,

I was not commenting or stepping on your entire post, I was not clear. - I was commenting on your first 1 sentence only (below).  And since I was sitting on some “behind the scenes” information that most are unaware of...  that is Hoover/Maytag sued Dyson for $125m for false advertising, which according to the Dyson attorneys was the largest [false advertising] demand in U.S. history. 

[Dyson] innovations hurt Hoover/Matag or at least this is how I read the Maytag lawsuit.  I have no comment on Hoovers business model/practices beyond that.

Lucky said:
"I'm always trying to discern the dynamic of things both visible and behind the scenes."

Anyone...
Here is an old Maytag press release - Maytag credits innovation for Hoovers success.

http://www.prnewswire.com/cnoc/MYGbisiness.html

DIB
This message was modified Dec 7, 2008 by DysonInventsBig

CarmineD

Reply #71   Dec 7, 2008 7:36 am
DysonInventsBig wrote:

Anyone...
Here is an old Maytag press release - Maytag credits innovation for Hoovers success.

DIB

Hello DIB:

Thanks for posting the article/press release from 1998.  Very interesting, especially when put in perspective.  

Banner sales/profit years, tho rarely mentioned by companies, are tied to the economy.  From 1998 and up thru 2000, the US economy was fueled by the hi-tech industry.  [As the article notes, HOOVER launched its internet site in 1998].  The hi-techs were fueling a rapid, some might say rabid unsustainable, economic growth in the USA.  Creating wealth.  Until the bubble burst in 2000.  How?  By greed and excess.  Paying exorbitant bonuses and salaries to the tech employees.   

Since the tech bubble burst, enormous growth in the US housing market fueled banner profit years for companies.  Until it tanked in 2007/2008.  Companies rarely credit their success to the economy.  But are quick to blame bad times for dismal years.  Why? It diminishes their business acumen.  Much sexier to say innovations/advances produce success.  True in good times, but not so in bad. 

Carmine D.

This message was modified Dec 7, 2008 by CarmineD
DysonInventsBig

Reply #72   Dec 7, 2008 3:45 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Anyone...

http://www.prnewswire.com/cnoc/MYGbisiness.html

DIB

CarmineD wrote:
Hello DIB:

Thanks for posting the article/press release from 1998.  Very interesting, especially when put in perspective.  

Banner sales/profit years, tho rarely mentioned by companies, are tied to the economy.  From 1998 and up thru 2000, the US economy was fueled by the hi-tech industry.  [As the article notes, HOOVER launched its internet site in 1998].  The hi-techs were fueling a rapid, some might say rabid unsustainable, economic growth in the USA.  Creating wealth.  Until the bubble burst in 2000.  How?  By greed and excess.  Paying exorbitant bonuses and salaries to the tech employees.   

Since the tech bubble burst, enormous growth in the US housing market fueled banner profit years for companies.  Until it tanked in 2007/2008.  Companies rarely credit their success to the economy.  But are quick to blame bad times for dismal years.  Why? It diminishes their business acumen.  Much sexier to say innovations/advances produce success.  True in good times, but not so in bad. 

Carmine D.

Hi Carmine,

I think the inventor/s (in concept) did a hell of a job with the Windtunnel, although I have no idea if it works or by how much.  It is gratuitous to take credit away from the inventors and the suits who championed it when you imply their profitable year as luck or good fortune.  Undoubtedly Hoover has made much money off this patented system,  I’d guess $100m minimum. - Now that’s sexy!

DIB

P.S.  But!  If science proves the Windtunnel claimed benefits as false (hype) then I do not support it, nor the profits made.

DysonInventsBig

Reply #73   Dec 8, 2008 4:28 pm
Venson wrote:
Hi DIB,

Don't play 'em cheap.  First of all my Kenmore Iridium canister has a foam filter.  The filterless dust collection bin does a very good job of cyclonically containing both the heavy and fine stuff it captures.  It has a foam filter, not at all large in size, that looks in need of cleaning about every few weeks if you empty the bin frequently.  It's all a matter of good design.

In this case we're talking about a lightweight vacuum that has only a 16-minute run time and is really not intended for heavy duty work despite its high price.  It's doubtful that a vacuum intended for light duty will be put to the kind of use to either cause it to or have opportunity to clog up all that much.  If this lightweight had a more impressive runtime, 30 or 40 minutes, I definitely see more of a problem because users might well think it had the same abilities as a full-size corded vac.  Of course we must make exception for users who may believe that "love never means you have to say your sorry," may also believe that  "bagless" means you never have to empty your vacuum.

Venson

Hello,

You may of noticed I go after TTI and some others with fervency. :)  I'll back off on the battery shutting down (early), there seems to be plenty of [advertised] runtime.

As far as filtration goes...  it looks like there's plenty of room for high efficiency cyclone/s, which would of removed MUCH of the fine dust.  I just wonder about TTI and their motives.  They deceptivly put (it looks from the photo I posted earlier) Windtunnel on this stick when it ain't so.        DIB

CarmineD

Reply #74   Dec 8, 2008 5:09 pm
Hello DIB:

I believe that TTI/HOOVER would not say/claim WT technology on this Linx Stick Vacuum, let alone inscribe on the vacuum, if it weren't so.   Plus, I believe the explanation provided by a TTI/HOOVER expert here [TTIpowerT] on two separate occasions and two different posts, who used this product and broke it down for inspection.  He says it is clearly WT technology. 

TTIpowerT wrote:

Carmine,

A quick replay regarding the Linx Stick Vac....Again, the WT technology design follows the same engineering configuration as your WT corded upright and is scaled down to the smaller nozzle/brush roll.

The Linx Stick Vac outperforms traditional CORDED UPRIGHTS Per ASTM F2607.

Lest you disbelieve him too without cause/reason, I would ask what part[s] of his post did you miss/not understand? 

Saying "it ain't so," especially on the WT feature, and accusing the maker of willful deception is risky on your part, lest you have evidence to back up your statements.  Do you? 

Carmine D.

This message was modified Dec 8, 2008 by CarmineD
hoovergroover

Reply #75   Dec 11, 2008 3:36 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hello DIB:

I believe that TTI/HOOVER would not say/claim WT technology on this Linx Stick Vacuum, let alone inscribe on the vacuum, if it weren't so.   Plus, I believe the explanation provided by a TTI/HOOVER expert here [TTIpowerT] on two separate occasions and two different posts, who used this product and broke it down for inspection.  He says it is clearly WT technology. 

Lest you disbelieve him too without cause/reason, I would ask what part[s] of his post did you miss/not understand? 

Saying "it ain't so," especially on the WT feature, and accusing the maker of willful deception is risky on your part, lest you have evidence to back up your statements.  Do you? 

Carmine D.

Hey Carmine,

I am glad you love the WT. It too love the WT. Could Windtunnel just be a name like "SteamVac"? Does it make steam? Does the Windtunnel NOW/TODAY really make a "windtunnel? Does windtunnel refer to a design specification? I already answered verbatim what windtunnel means according to Hoovers own internal description. The friggin stick vac works great is it a WT, well give me about 49 days and perhaps I'll say more. Is it scaled, that means it'd look the same as the fullsized WT Upright "right?"

HooverGroover

This message was modified Dec 11, 2008 by hoovergroover
CarmineD

Reply #76   Dec 11, 2008 5:07 pm
Hello HooverGroover:

Good thinking on the WT model name.  I went to the HOOVER Web Site just in the event that was the case to read the Linx stick vacuum specs.  Lo and behold here's the official words from the HOOVER Web Site:

• Fade Free Power: Interchangeable 18 Volt Lithium Ion battery ensures the battery sustains power until it is completely drained
  • Cordless Convenience with powerful upright performance
  • First cordless stick vacuum with Hoover's patented WindTunnel technology, which utilizes three suction tunnels to lift and remove even the hidden dirt
  • One-touch Brushroll activation makes easy transition from hard floors to carpets
  • Edge Cleaning Bristles allow for closer access to walls and corners 6. Low Profile Base and Extreme Recline Handle allow for easy access under furniture
  • Unique Wide Mouth Opening makes quick work of vacuuming cereal, pet food, etc.
  • Battery Fuel Gauge: Battery Level Indicator instantly registers remaining battery life
  • Best-In-Class Six-Year Warranty
  • Energy Star Rated Environmentally Friendly Appliance

I am a WT tried and true believer.  The difference in carpet cleaning and grooming with the HOOVER WT is self-evident.  My dear Wife always knows when I use the WT vice any other upright vacuum.  It beats all other uprights on rugs and carpets for all time. 

Carmine D.

This message was modified Dec 12, 2008 by CarmineD
Replies: 67 - 76 of 89Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42