Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > NEW!!! TTI releases HOOVER PLATINUM COLLECTION

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
TTIpowerT

NEW!!! TTI releases HOOVER PLATINUM COLLECTION
Original Message   Oct 25, 2008 9:43 pm
http://www.hooverpressroom.com/

The Hoover Platinum Collection according to ASTM608 carpet testing includes the best cleaning bagged upright and best cleaning cyclonic bagless upright on the market today!

Includes:

*Linx cordless system with 18v Lithium ion technology on a hand and light/stick vac.

*Bagged Upright: Most powerful lightweight vacuum in the marketplace removes more dirt in one pass than other uprights(ASTM F-608)

*Baggless Upright : Removes more dirt than any other bagless vacuum on the market using multi-stage cyclonic filtration system and Hoover’s patented WindTunnel™ technology which utilizes three suction tunnels to lift and remove even the hidden dirt (Per ASTM F608)

*New Carpet Cleaner Removes more dirt from carpet than any other leading brand of carpet cleaner (test FCTP-0024)

*Best in class 6 yr warranty!
Replies: 57 - 66 of 89Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
CarmineD

Re: NEW!!! TTI releases HOOVER PLATINUM COLLECTION
Reply #57   Dec 5, 2008 2:51 pm
Hello Lucky1:

You eloquently synopsized the reasons for HOOVER's fall from grace.  Goes back to a conscious decision to kow tow to the big box retailers at the expense of the authorized HOOVER dealers.  A decision that was made for the most part in the mid 60's and executed since then by HOOVER, slowly descimating and desecrating the quantity and quality of the network of authorized HOOVER dealers throughout the country.  The ones on the front line who picked up the slack when products failed. 

All the bad business decisions that ultimately diminished the HOOVER brand can be traced back to THE one that put the big box retailers and chains on a pedestal for selling HOOVER product.  It is and was a failed marketing strategy for the HOOVER brand name's reputation. 

Carmine D.

This message was modified Dec 5, 2008 by CarmineD
DysonInventsBig

Reply #58   Dec 5, 2008 3:17 pm
Lucky1 wrote:
I'm always trying to discern the dynamic of things both visible and behind the scenes. I can't help but think the Internet, Big Box Stores and myopic "sales numbers at any cost" mentality as entirely to blame for the demise of what was once a premier name.

This aforementioned business model is also being done by Dyson....we shall see the results shortly....

There is enough money to be made in the vacuum business giving the public a quality product at a good mark up if everyone didn't try to cutthroat each other for sales numbers!

Everyone from consumer to dealer to manufacturer would do well enough if....

1. They made a quality, durable, repairable product.

2. It were sold through a Reputable Dealer network at the lowest price that makes economic sense to both dealer & Mfg

3. Vacuums were NOT available on the Dealer Website!!!!!!! This goes for parts as well (DYSON)

4. Internet dealers must charge a MINIMUM of $50 more per vacuum than that could be bought on the internet. (this prevents undercutting price by no sales tax & free shipping)

5. Big Box Stores could only carry stripped down models

The Mfgs would have solid reputations that consumers would align themselves with as lifetime customers. There would be a reliable chain of Dealer/Service?repair network to maintain Customer Loyalty
The landfill from disposable vacuums would be spared as well!
There is a huge difference between Dyson and Hoover.  Dyson invented product that had a built-in, ready and waiting market to sell to. - People who wanted better performing products.  Dyson and no/few others delivered real-world, radical and measurable innovations.  But that’s changing, the slow-pokes are finally awaking from their NIH slumber.  Steve Jobs brought Apple back from the brink of extinction and did it primarily by out inventing and/or building products people want.  And consumers gladly pay Jobs a premium for it (just like Dyson).        DIB
This message was modified Dec 5, 2008 by DysonInventsBig

DysonInventsBig

Reply #59   Dec 5, 2008 5:21 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Re: Hoover Linx Platinum Stick Vacuum.

Would anyone with knowledge care to discuss...
  •  The choke point (i.e., the weakest link in the filtration chain)?  So how does it filter exactly?
  •  What is the filter maintenance schedule and how is it performed (how to clean)?
  •  The battery shutting down/off instead of running down like most vacuums - smells of marketing "hype".  Am I missing something, where is the mechanical benefit?  Anyone?

DIB

Venson wrote:
Hi DIB,

One -- the "no fade" supply of power simply assures peak suction instead of using a decreasing supply of power for the cleaner to run on.  A degrading power supply leads a situation where you're merely pushing around dirt and possibly grinding it into your flooring.  What's that worth? As in all things -- when you can't do it anymore it's time to stop.

Two -- Cleaning the filter each time you empty the dirt cup is recommended.

Three -- The filtration method is a combined one.  "Cyclonics" spin off the heavier stuff and a foam filter catches finer particles.

URL for the user manual PDF is here -- http://www.hoover.com/pdfs/manuals/BH50010.pdf

Hi Venson,

Thanks for the pdf link and the many other articles you post too!  It is appreciated.

I'm going after Hoover (not you)...
Wow!  Red Hoover sure put their billions and engineering heads down and came up with some high tech and forward thinking filtration...  a piece of foam.  How much dust re-enters the room I wonder?  But when the foam clogs it should answer the problem of the dust re-entering the environment. - Problem solved.

If TTI were to offer the same arrangement in their power tools, that is - cut off all power in their cordless tools and alike instead of a gradual depletion they would be the laughing stock of power tools.  When the stick’s foam clogs, a depleting battery (lower air speeds) will make the vac look worse than it really is..  It will not suck/barely suck.  Hoover is famous for finding work-around (fixes) to their own engineering ineptness by having their marketing department figure out ways to turn ineptness into a marketable feature (i.e. “hype”). There is no science that explains why shutting down the batteries is a better idea when there is still plenty of energy left in them.  These guys (Maytag and Red) lie thru their teeth and do it over long periods of time.

DIB

CarmineD

Reply #60   Dec 5, 2008 5:45 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Dyson and no/few others delivered real-world, radical and measurable innovations.  Steve Jobs brought Apple back from the brink of extinction and did it primarily by out inventing and/or building products people want.  And consumers gladly pay Jobs a premium for it (just like Dyson).        DIB

Hello DIB:

Seems you are subject to Freudian slips and like to refer to dyson in the past tense.  Not the first time!  Did the 2008 dyson bonus money dry up, leaving you high and dry? 

Jobs also brought Apple to the brink of the precipice in his first stint there and was "fired" and replaced by Sculi [Pepsi].  Seems inventors and founders are not always the best to run their own companies.  This is Job's second chance.  Amazing what a firing does for one's humility!  Like the song says:  Love is lovelier the second time around. 

Glad to hear you say that dysons sell at a premium [read: overpriced].  Tho, I suspect not for the reason you say as good as it sounds.  Buyers determine the products they want, not the company and its marketing department.  Retailers lower prices from MSRP and offer buyer incentives until buyers take the bait.  I've noticed retailers' prices for your fave brand getting discounted from MSRP by 10, 15, 20 percent and the incentives going up: $50 and $100 Gift Cards.  Both indications buyers are staying away and inventory is mounting up.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Dec 5, 2008 by CarmineD
DysonInventsBig

Reply #61   Dec 5, 2008 6:56 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Dyson and no/few others delivered real-world, radical and measurable innovations.  Steve Jobs brought Apple back from the brink of extinction and did it primarily by out inventing and/or building products people want.  And consumers gladly pay Jobs a premium for it (just like Dyson).        DIB

CarmineD wrote:
Hello DIB:

Seems you are subject to Freudian slips and like to refer to dyson in the past tense.  Not the first time!  Did the 2008 dyson bonus money dry up, leaving you high and dry? 

Jobs also brought Apple to the brink of the precipice in his first stint there and was "fired" and replaced by Sculi [Pepsi].  Seems inventors and founders are not always the best to run their own companies.  This is Job's second chance.  Amazing what a firing does for one's humility!  Like the song says:  Love is lovelier the second time around. 

Glad to hear you say that dysons sell at a premium [read: overpriced].  Tho, I suspect not for the reason you say as good as it sounds.  Buyers determine the products they want, not the company and its marketing department.  Retailers lower prices from MSRP and offer buyer incentives until buyers take the bait.  I've noticed retailers' prices for your fave brand getting discounted from MSRP by 10, 15, 20 percent and the incentives going up: $50 and $100 Gift Cards.  Both indications buyers are staying away and inventory is mounting up.

Carmine D.

Hey Carmine,

So I did.

I remember Lou Dobbs laughingly scoff at Jobs (in a live interview @ MacWorld) when he returned to Apple and predicted his new translucent [Dyson inspired] blue iMac was going to save Apple Computer.

Overpriced is a relative term.  What’s wrong with premium pricing when alternative products (not saying with the same capabilities) can be had?

Dyson or whomever not selling thru or as well during this time in history is not unusual.  Have you not noticed Oreck and his lipstick wearing 30 year old namesakes?  The bricks have been marked down (giveaways) 3 times in the last month. - Take a look. Does it please you to hear Oreck has to do whatever it takes to survive too?

What?  No complaining when Red requires their Linx stick vac users to clean their high tech filtration-foam after every use?  But only complaining when it is Dyson requiring monthly cleaning on 2 of their many products?

DIB

Venson

Reply #62   Dec 5, 2008 9:09 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Hi Venson,

Thanks for the pdf link and the many other articles you post too!  It is appreciated.

I'm going after Hoover (not you)...
Wow!  Red Hoover sure put their billions and engineering heads down and came up with some high tech and forward thinking filtration...  a piece of foam.  How much dust re-enters the room I wonder?  But when the foam clogs it should answer the problem of the dust re-entering the environment. - Problem solved.

If TTI were to offer the same arrangement in their power tools, that is - cut off all power in their cordless tools and alike instead of a gradual depletion they would be the laughing stock of power tools.  When the stick’s foam clogs, a depleting battery (lower air speeds) will make the vac look worse than it really is..  It will not suck/barely suck.  Hoover is famous for finding work-around (fixes) to their own engineering ineptness by having their marketing department figure out ways to turn ineptness into a marketable feature (i.e. “hype”). There is no science that explains why shutting down the batteries is a better idea when there is still plenty of energy left in them.  These guys (Maytag and Red) lie thru their teeth and do it over long periods of time.

DIB

Hi DIB,

Don't play 'em cheap.  First of all my Kenmore Iridium canister has a foam filter.  The filterless dust collection bin does a very good job of cyclonically containing both the heavy and fine stuff it captures.  It has a foam filter, not at all large in size, that looks in need of cleaning about every few weeks if you empty the bin frequently.  It's all a matter of good design.

In this case we're talking about a lightweight vacuum that has only a 16-minute run time and is really not intended for heavy duty work despite its high price.  It's doubtful that a vacuum intended for light duty will be put to the kind of use to either cause it to or have opportunity to clog up all that much.  If this lightweight had a more impressive runtime, 30 or 40 minutes, I definitely see more of a problem because users might well think it had the same abilities as a full-size corded vac.  Of course we must make exception for users who may believe that "love never means you have to say your sorry," may also believe that  "bagless" means you never have to empty your vacuum.

Venson
Lucky1

Reply #63   Dec 5, 2008 10:35 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
There is a huge difference between Dyson and Hoover.  Dyson invented product that had a built-in, ready and waiting market to sell to. - People who wanted better performing products.  Dyson and no/few others delivered real-world, radical and measurable innovations.  But that’s changing, the slow-pokes are finally awaking from their NIH slumber.  Steve Jobs brought Apple back from the brink of extinction and did it primarily by out inventing and/or building products people want.  And consumers gladly pay Jobs a premium for it (just like Dyson).        DIB

I believe you are approaching my post from a technological stand point, yet I am discussing a marketing strategy. Go back and read my post and tell me where Dyson differs.
CarmineD

Reply #64   Dec 6, 2008 6:05 am
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Does it please you to hear Oreck has to do whatever it takes to survive too?

What?  No complaining when Red requires their Linx stick vac users to clean their high tech filtration-foam after every use?  But only complaining when it is Dyson requiring monthly cleaning on 2 of their many products?

DIB

Hello DIB:

Lest you forget, I'll refresh your memory.  ORECK suffered a direct hit on its New Orleans LA plant in August 2005 by Hurricane Katrina. It didn't miss a beat.  First, ORECK accounted for all its employees:  Paid them their full salaries and benefits during all the ORECK down time; moved its Headquarters operations temporarily to Texas; conducted business operations out of its network of 500 Clean Home Health Centers; and permanently relocated its production facilities to Tennessee.  During the aftermath of the Hurricane, ORECK family members reached out to the medical facilities and shelters to assist the Hurricane victims by contributing their time and money to the recovery efforts.  Sadly, several dyson campers wallowed in ORECK's tragic events and circumstances.  Boldly declaring ORECK dead, and ready to dance on its grave.   You forget! 

Your foam filter analysis is foolhardy.  The HOOVER TTI "cordless" Linx stick vacuum is for quick pick ups and sells for $179.   Your fave "corded" full sized vacuum sells for $400 plus.  And dyson's false/exaggerated claims that it never clogged with nearly maintenance free lifetime filters and zero costs.  Dyson traditionally likes to match itself up against lesser expensive brands and models.  Rather than equally expensive and, heaven forbid, more expensive brands.   Self-serving comparisons.  Admissions of overpricing.   Lest you forget too, I'll remind you, that the 2 dyson models you cite which require monthly filter maintenance are it's latest and greatest for $400/$500 plus.  Better than reading the funnies.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Dec 6, 2008 by CarmineD
CarmineD

Reply #65   Dec 6, 2008 7:51 am
TTIpowerT wrote:
Carmine,

A quick replay regarding the Linx Stick Vac....Again, the WT technology design follows the same engineering configuration as your WT corded upright and is scaled down to the smaller nozzle/brush roll.

The Linx Stick Vac outperforms traditional CORDED UPRIGHTS Per ASTM F2607.

Thanks TTIPowerT for the follow up response to set me straight.  I'm amazed whenever I use the WT vice any other vacuum for carpet cleaning.  The difference is glaring.  Nothing bar none compares with the HOOVER WT for rug and carpet cleaning and grooming.  A smart poster here said that the WT is the Gold Standard for carpet cleaning.  He is right.  And it wasn't me.

Carmine D.

Actionvac

Reply #66   Dec 6, 2008 1:11 pm
Anyone buying a Hoover now with its service network gone would be foolish or uneducated or both
Replies: 57 - 66 of 89Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42