Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Dyson DC24 / DC25 Vacs: Sir James Brings his Ball back

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
M00seUK

Dyson DC24 / DC25 Vacs: Sir James Brings his Ball back
Original Message   Jan 17, 2008 3:54 pm
Replies: 226 - 235 of 535Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
DC25

Re: Dyson DC24 / DC25 Vacs: Sir James Brings his Ball back
Reply #226   Apr 1, 2008 11:44 pm
Carmine,

The DC25 is $499.99 while the DC24 is $399.99.
CarmineD

Reply #227   Apr 2, 2008 7:27 am
Thank you, DC25. 

Carmine D.

Acerone

Reply #228   Apr 2, 2008 7:27 am
CarmineD wrote:
Thank you, DC25.  </p><p>Carmine D.

But you knew that already didn't you Carmine ;-)
bucks03

Reply #229   Apr 2, 2008 10:39 am
So that means Dyson has changed the valve design for the 3rd time.  The first Dyson DC01 and DC03 used to have no suction until the wand was unclipped from the main body but the valve had already transferred the suction to the wand but there was a seal preventing any suction which meant handly any anirflow going to the motor so the motor pitch would rise quite a but (My old DC03 was VERY noisy with its tiny 700 watt motor).

Dyson then went to the DC04, 07 and 14, 15, 18 etc etc with havig full suction at the wand with just a Cap covering this which I felt created extra noise also.

The addition with this new valve design in the DC24 and 25 - Suction at the head until the wand is unclipped is a welcome addition,  I suspect its to help keep the machine quiet and is safer than having full suction at the wand when upright or the extra strain on motor as on the first models.

Dyson seems to be getting better with reliability which were big issues in UK with the first generation models.

This message was modified Apr 2, 2008 by bucks03
CarmineD

Reply #230   Apr 2, 2008 12:48 pm
Acerone wrote:
But you knew that already didn't you Carmine ;-)

No Ace, I didn't.  If it was mentioned already, I missed it.  The last I looked at the dyson site, it wasn't there.  And I didn't see it on the comparative dyson uprights' post.  So I asked.

I looked at the dyson site and see the prices.  Also appears that the "ball" technology is dyson's signature upright IMHO.  They get top billing and exposure.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Apr 2, 2008 by CarmineD
DC18

Dyson, Sebo and Bissell user

Reply #231   Apr 3, 2008 5:33 pm
Hi DC25

Nice write up on the DC25 model by the way.  I forgot to mention about the filter in the ball housing!  So you where impressed by this model.  Now that I have test driven the DC25 I have to say I prefer it over my DC15!

DC18

DC18

Dyson, Sebo and Bissell user

Reply #232   Apr 3, 2008 5:36 pm
Hi DIB

Thats ok.  I have to say the DC25 is very impressive and it a very welcome leap forward from the DC15.  Yes the filter washing is a downside but the performance is a leap forward from previous models.  As for the filter washing I don't always wash mine every 6 months, i can go longer and the filter is not that dirty.  I think it depends on what your using the vac for and the area you live in.  So the 3 months on the DC25 I could probably get away with 6 months!!

DC18

This message was modified Apr 3, 2008 by DC18
CarmineD

Reply #233   Apr 3, 2008 7:29 pm
DC18 wrote:
Hi DIB

...  Yes the filter washing is a downside but the performance is a leap forward from previous models.  As for the filter washing I don't always wash mine every 6 months, i can go longer and the filter is not that dirty.  I think it depends on what your using the vac for and the area you live in.  So the 3 months on the DC25 I could probably get away with 6 months!!

DC18

The manufacturer's instructions for maintenance are generally based on average usage.  For vacuums, I suspect that's 2 times a week.  I would be very reluctant to make a general statement about circumventing the manual's guidance for the purpose of convenience especially from 4 times to 2 times in a 12 month period.  Why?  Sometimes you vacuum more than 2 times per week.  Or vacuum longer periods of time.  Eyeballing a filter to determine if it is clean/dirty is a very primitive means of knowing if it is.  Why? By the time the dust and dirt accumulates on the filter surface for the eye to see, the filters' pores are already saturated and degraded.  Heat from the motor's operation degrades the filter material/operation also.  Failing to perform the filter maintenance as recommended by the user guide, causes the motor to run hotter than usual.  Hotter running causes premature motor failure.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Apr 3, 2008 by CarmineD
DysonInventsBig

Reply #234   Apr 4, 2008 1:07 pm
DC18 wrote:
I don't understand why the DC25 has a 3 month filter cleaning guide but the DC18 which uses the same bin and cyclone setup and same watt motor has a 6 months filter cleaning guide.  That is why I asked the question.  I can understand the guide on filter cleaning on the DC24.  I believe DIB meant Dyson sacified using the latest and most effective Root and Core Combined Technology on the DC24 and DC25 to improve the weight, i.e lighter in weight and use.  Where as the new cyclone technology would have increased weight/size!!  But it still doesn't answer the question about the DC25 filter cleaning, may be a call to the UK helpline may give some answers!?

DC18

Carmin D.  wrote:

You might learn if you ask that dyson plans to revise all the filter maintenance timeframes on its models, including the DC17 and DC18, to 3 months. 

Carmine D.

The pre-filter on Dyson's clog over time.  Since Hoover sued Dyson and Oreck is currently suing Dyson over his "No Clogging" and/or "No Loss of Suction" claim etc., it has been interesting to watch and see how Dyson comes out.  "No Clogging" has been dropped from Dyson's marketing since the Hoover/Dyson settlement.  And for months following (Dyson's presented on HSN) there seemed a noticeable lack of mention or hesitancy saying  "No Loss of Suction" from "Dyson Dave" and the HSN hosts, until recently and today.  Today on HSN, the DC17 is being marketed as "No Loss of Suction" machine, and “The pre-filter needs to be cleaned every 6 months”.        DIB

CarmineD

Reply #235   Apr 4, 2008 1:31 pm
DIB:

I understand there is a new DC17 launched recently.  Is this the one on HSN?

Or is HSN selling the earlier model?

Carmine D.

Replies: 226 - 235 of 535Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42