Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Dyson DC24 / DC25 Vacs: Sir James Brings his Ball back

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
M00seUK

Dyson DC24 / DC25 Vacs: Sir James Brings his Ball back
Original Message   Jan 17, 2008 3:54 pm
Replies: 216 - 225 of 535Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
DC18

Dyson, Sebo and Bissell user

Re: Dyson DC24 / DC25 Vacs: Sir James Brings his Ball back
Reply #216   Mar 29, 2008 11:42 am
Your welcome Venson, thought I'd share my findings tot he rest of you all.

DC18

Acerone

Reply #217   Mar 29, 2008 11:50 am
Oh, yes thanks for the review... I still haven't seen the 24 or 25 in our stores yet but I hear it's coming...
DysonInventsBig

Reply #218   Mar 29, 2008 4:05 pm

DC18,

Thank you for your posting, it was most helpful.  James must be legally comfortable with his “No Loss of Suction” tag/claim next to the DC24/25.  He is again running this tag on his U.S. Dyson.com front page.

A question, if I may…

• A lighter handle weight was certainly an engineering goal of the DC25/24, interesting you did not mention this.  Dyson sacrificed filtration (I believe) for a lighter handle weight and to a lesser degree an overall weight.  Was the lighter handle weight/s not impressive enough to notice?

Thanks.        DIB

P.S.  Did you hear of the French inventor who is now said to have invented recorded audio 17 yrs. before Edision?  Edision had the better claim...  a commercially profitable (or the beginnings) recordable audio.  Take a look/read and listen to 2 audio interviews.  Here.

This message was modified Mar 29, 2008 by DysonInventsBig

DC18

Reply #219   Mar 29, 2008 5:34 pm
Hi DIB, Acerone

Your welcome.

In answer to your question DIB.  One thing I suppose I forgot they were both light to use and light in your hand.  I can understand Dyson making lighter uprights.  One question back to you DIB, you say he sacificed filteration for light overall weight and light to use or in use.  I can understand that on the DC24 but not so much with the DC25.  The DC25 has the same watt motor and airwatts give or take a few and the same bin and cyclone setup as the DC18 so there is no sacifice there!  But why is the filteration and filter washing different between the DC25 and DC18?  To me it should be the same!  I believe the bin could have been taller which would not have added much more overall weight to the DC25!   That aside i'm very impressed with the DC25, prefer it over the DC15!

I think the campaign on the uprights in the UK is 'Our don't clog others do'!!

DC18

This message was modified Mar 29, 2008 by DC18
CarmineD

Reply #220   Mar 29, 2008 6:32 pm
"James must be legally comfortable with his “No Loss of Suction” tag/claim next to the DC24/25.  He is again running this tag on his U.S. Dyson.com front page." Source: DIB

"One question back to you DIB, you say he sacificed filteration for light overall weight and light to use or in use.  I can understand that on the DC24 but not so much with the DC25.  The DC25 has the same watt motor and airwatts give or take a few and the same bin and cyclone setup as the DC18 so there is no sacifice there!  But why is the filteration and filter washing different between the DC25 and DC18?  To me it should be the same!"   Source: DC18

Hello:  These two facts are mutually inclusive and co-dependent.  Why?  You can't have one without the other.  The claim "never loses suction", requires users to perform the filter maintenance more often.  Else, dyson can't make the claim.

If a company wants technological innovation with high prices, then give customers a self-cleaning filter that allows a vacuum never to lose suction. 

The consequences of the overblown dyson claim: "Never clogs, never loses suction" is coming back to haunt dyson.  You can go from cleaning every 3 months to every 6; charge more and claim better and improved.  That works.  But... go from 6 months to 3 months; charge more and claim better and improved?  Really?  Are consumers that gullible that they don't know the difference?  Apparently, somebody at dyson thinks so.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Mar 29, 2008 by CarmineD
DC18

Reply #221   Mar 30, 2008 3:11 pm
I don't understand why the DC25 has a 3 month filter cleaning guide but the DC18 which uses the same bin and cyclone setup and same watt motor has a 6 months filter cleaning guide.  That is why I asked the question.  I can understand the guide on filter cleaning on the DC24.  I believe DIB meant Dyson sacified using the latest and most effective Root and Core Combined Technology on the DC24 and DC25 to improve the weight, i.e lighter in weight and use.  Where as the new cyclone technology would have increased weight/size!!  But it still doesn't answer the question about the DC25 filter cleaning, may be a call to the UK helpline may give some answers!?

As for pricing on these new models they in UK sterling prices are no more expensive than current modles to buy.  Take the DC24 £239.99 which is normally the price for the Base DC07 and DC14 when they where launched and they didn't have brush control. The DC25 is £279.99 which is what the base DC18 Slim when launched was and is cheaper than the DC15 Ball when that came out which was over £300.00.  I think the prices of the new models in terms of Dyson pricing of his vacuums is comparable to the rest of the model line up at present. 

DC18

CarmineD

Reply #222   Mar 30, 2008 8:27 pm
DC18 wrote:
I don't understand why the DC25 has a 3 month filter cleaning guide but the DC18 which uses the same bin and cyclone setup and same watt motor has a 6 months filter cleaning guide.  That is why I asked the question.  I can understand the guide on filter cleaning on the DC24.  I believe DIB meant Dyson sacified using the latest and most effective Root and Core Combined Technology on the DC24 and DC25 to improve the weight, i.e lighter in weight and use.  Where as the new cyclone technology would have increased weight/size!!  But it still doesn't answer the question about the DC25 filter cleaning, may be a call to the UK helpline may give some answers!?

DC18

You might learn if you ask that dyson plans to revise all the filter maintenance timeframes on its models, including the DC17 and DC18, to 3 months. 

Carmine D.

DC25

Reply #223   Apr 1, 2008 2:14 am
I've just test driven the new DC25 here in the US.  I agree with DC18 and I am generally impressed with the DC25. There are many improved features over previous models although it does have less cyclones that the Absolute(5 vs. 8). The suction and air-flow were impressive, even with less cyclones, and the handling was light and generally easy to steer. The new valve system which keeps the suction in the floor head until the wand is pulled up is a very welcome addition. The model was fairly quiet when running with or with out the motorized brush bar.

Another couple of interesting things to add about the DC25:

-The motor is located inside the ball, thus giving a lower center of gravity and easier control.
-There is a secondary filter located inside the ball(which is also where the exhaust port is located, thus the new vents.) This filter is a more solid(poly-reinforced) type filter unlike the foam in a frame filter located above the cyclones. It must also be cleaned every 3 months, by rinsing then smacking it down 10 times, then letting dry for 24 hours(as opposed to 12 hours for the foam filter.) To access the filter, the vacuum must be placed in a fully reclined position upon which a tab can be pressed to access the hatch. As a side note, the ball can feel pretty warm directly after use(probably because of the motor and exhaust port.)

Haven't seen the DC24 yet, but I am pretty sure I will purchase the DC25 in the near future.
This message was modified Apr 1, 2008 by DC25
CarmineD

Reply #224   Apr 1, 2008 7:41 am
DC25:

Nice review, thanks.  How much is the DC25?

Carmine D.

DysonInventsBig

Reply #225   Apr 1, 2008 2:37 pm

DC18,

I somehow got it in my head early on, that the DC25 performance was par with all Dyson full sized uprights.  I was wrong, sorry.       

James wants his potential consumers to judge suction strength on “Airwatts (Suction Power)” and so it seems the DC25 is the better choice in terms of handle weight, overall weight and maneuverability compared to the DC15 but the downside is more pre-filter washing.  I’ve read almost all James’ cyclone patents and did some testing and observing on my own, there are a lot of variables that go into making a good or “perfect” cyclonic vacuum cleaner.  Many things I discovered are not mentioned in his patents.  James only used enough verbiage in his patent claims only so to get his physical invention patented but not unnecessarily give away the trade secrets to HIS cyclonic’s.  Certainly the DC22/23 look to be the “perfect” or near perfect cyclonic filtering vacuum cleaner.        DIB

This message was modified Apr 1, 2008 by DysonInventsBig

Replies: 216 - 225 of 535Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42