Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
Acerone

Dyson DC23
Original Message   Mar 20, 2008 10:19 pm
The launch of the DC23 from the Canadian website is up.

Dyson DC23
Replies: 59 - 68 of 68Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
CarmineD

Re: Dyson DC23
Reply #59   Feb 24, 2011 7:29 pm
Less than 3 years old and it appears now to become part of dyson vacuum history.  SEARS is selling dyson's DC23 Motorhead, once the top of the line dyson cann with an MSRP of $599, for $299.  That's a whopping 50 percent off MSRP. 

Carmine D.

mole

Reply #60   Feb 26, 2011 9:18 am
CarmineD wrote:
Less than 3 years old and it appears now to become part of dyson vacuum history.  SEARS is selling dyson's DC23 Motorhead, once the top of the line dyson cann with an MSRP of $599, for $299.  That's a whopping 50 percent off MSRP. 

Carmine D.

Hi Carmine.

Dont worry there will be plenty left over for years to come,might want to buy a few for parts, You know about closeouts and warehouse reduction FIRE sales?

We have been waiting for DYSON to dominate the canister market since the dc-11,You know the ones that sold on E-BAY for 39.95.

Where have all the dyson troops went to.Maybe working for TACO-BELL.

regards

MOLE

CarmineD

Reply #61   Feb 26, 2011 1:54 pm
mole wrote:
Hi Carmine.

Dont worry there will be plenty left over for years to come,might want to buy a few for parts, You know about closeouts and warehouse reduction FIRE sales?

We have been waiting for DYSON to dominate the canister market since the dc-11,You know the ones that sold on E-BAY for 39.95.

Where have all the dyson troops went to.Maybe working for TACO-BELL.

regards

MOLE

Hello Jimmy the OT:

You know the saying:  It's now where you start out the race that matters, but where you finish.  When it comes to canns, dyson is finished in most markets except maybe in the UK and Japan.  Started badly with DC11 and went down hill after.  It's hard if not impossible to recover from a failed product launch once you have a bad track record. 

Carmine D.

iMacDaddy

Electrolux UltraOne EL7070, Bissell BigGreen Deep Cleaning Machine

Reply #62   Feb 26, 2011 9:57 pm
I think it's rather telling that Dyson is replacing their DC23 Motorhead with the new DC23 Animal that comes with a air-turbine floor head rather than a more proper motorized cleaning head. Those air-turbine nozzles generally do not deep clean or pick up matted down pet hair all that well. Selling the purple Animal version with the turbine head is a complete joke in my eyes. I guess it goes to show you that Dyson really doesn't give a damn about cleaning performance more so than marketing gimmicks.
This message was modified Feb 26, 2011 by iMacDaddy
CarmineD

Reply #63   Feb 27, 2011 7:08 am
iMacDaddy wrote:
I think it's rather telling that Dyson is replacing their DC23 Motorhead with the new DC23 Animal that comes with a air-turbine floor head rather than a more proper motorized cleaning head. Those air-turbine nozzles generally do not deep clean or pick up matted down pet hair all that well. Selling the purple Animal version with the turbine head is a complete joke in my eyes. I guess it goes to show you that Dyson really doesn't give a damn about cleaning performance more so than marketing gimmicks.

Actually to me it's a joke.  The DC23 Turbine Head sells for an MSRP of $399 while most can buy now for $319, with 20 percent off as most retailers discount, and the Motor Head has an MSRP of $599 so with 50 percent off is $299.

I have heard the power nozzles [motor heads] were problematic on the DC23 models and failed within months of purchase.  Just quit running.

Carmine D

vacmanuk

Reply #64   Feb 27, 2011 7:16 am
iMacDaddy wrote:

Actually when tested in the UK the Dyson turbo brush was proved to pick up deep down and pet hair especially. Its just that owners have to go slowly with these brushes compared to the motorized ones.
iMacDaddy

Electrolux UltraOne EL7070, Bissell BigGreen Deep Cleaning Machine

Reply #65   Feb 27, 2011 11:23 am
vacmanuk wrote:
Actually when tested in the UK the Dyson turbo brush was proved to pick up deep down and pet hair especially. Its just that owners have to go slowly with these brushes compared to the motorized ones.

I think that's subjective to regional carpet types. Aren't carpet piles in the UK and elsewhere across the pond considerably lower than the carpets we have here in the United States? I always thought that was the reason turbine nozzles are more popular overseas: because you do not need an electric power brush to clean lower pile European carpets.
CarmineD

Reply #66   Feb 27, 2011 4:43 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Actually to me it's a joke.  The DC23 Turbine Head sells for an MSRP of $399 while most can buy now for $319, with 20 percent off as most retailers discount, and the Motor Head has an MSRP of $599 so with 50 percent off is $299.

I have heard the power nozzles [motor heads] were problematic on the DC23 models and failed within months of purchase.  Just quit running.

Carmine D

Air turbine brush rolls date back to the mid 1950's in the vacuum industry with the very first P/N attachment made by Preco.  At the time the tooth belt driven revolving brush tool was an after market add on attachment for $30-$40 for straight suction tanks and canns which at most had 1/2 to 3/4 horsepower motors.  That translates into about 500-700 watts which was the standard for the time.  As Procare noted in a post here recently Lux came out with the first electric driven brush roll power nozzle in 1957 with the Model AF and SEARS Kenmore copied about a year after.  It is sad that over 50 years later, a company founded by an engineer which prides itself on leading edge technology can't replicate this old technology successfully in a standard current day full size canister.   It's a joke to me on that company.

Carmine D.

vacmanuk

Reply #67   Feb 27, 2011 6:14 pm
iMacDaddy wrote:
I think that's subjective to regional carpet types. Aren't carpet piles in the UK and elsewhere across the pond considerably lower than the carpets we have here in the United States? I always thought that was the reason turbine nozzles are more popular overseas: because you do not need an electric power brush to clean lower pile European carpets.

Turbo nozzles on canisters/cylinders as we call them aren't actually that popular - certainly not on bagged cylinders - more so on Dyson machines of late. Most UK buyers prefer the traditional upright - we have deep pile, velvet, synthetic, Berber and thick wool carpets to clean up- basically because aside from the South of England, most parts in the UK are colder than most.
hooverman

Reply #68   Sep 13, 2011 5:29 pm
I have the TurbineHead version & been happy with it, does a nice job on plush carpet.  Even outperformed the XXX Royal Crown Signature Series cyclonic, which was pathetic junk.
Replies: 59 - 68 of 68Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42