Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Dyson DC24 / DC25 Vacs: Sir James Brings his Ball back

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
M00seUK

Dyson DC24 / DC25 Vacs: Sir James Brings his Ball back
Original Message   Jan 17, 2008 3:54 pm
Replies: 169 - 178 of 535Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
HARDSELL

Re: Dyson DC24 / DC25 Vacs: Sir James Brings his Ball back
Reply #169   Mar 12, 2008 3:18 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Do you think jaydee needs a wardrobe consultant?  Nehru jacket

and banded shirt collar.  Really!  Talk about retro look.

Carmine D.

I thought you liked retro.  How about all fhose old vacs.
bucks03

Reply #170   Mar 12, 2008 5:15 pm
Its a cute looking product and very stylish!!
CarmineD

Reply #171   Mar 12, 2008 7:11 pm
HARDSELL wrote:
I thought you liked retro.  How about all fhose old vacs.

Hello HS:

Ah but those old vacuums are classics.

As a high ranking retired exec of a Fortune 500, you can appreciate the importance of maintaining the proper business attire for your prospective clientele.  The Japanese business men are very conventional in their dress.  Suits, shirts, preferably white, with ties. 

I like jaydee's use of the banded collar white shirt.  However to attain a more classic business look, he should have combined the banded collar with a traditional single/double breasted suit.  Then he has the business professional look by buttoning the collar without the need for wearing a tie.  My preference in fact to the conventional shirt and tie for almost 20 years.  Then removing the jacket and unbottoning the collar allows him to become casual dress without the need to change clothes.  Excellent for those dress down/casual Fridays when you have a morning meeting with the CEO, CFO, and/or COO.  But still want to have lunch at the local favorite place and toss down a couple of cold ones with the rank and file.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Mar 12, 2008 by CarmineD
HARDSELL

Reply #172   Mar 12, 2008 9:24 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Hello HS:

Ah but those old vacuums are classics.

As a high ranking retired exec of a Fortune 500, you can appreciate the importance of maintaining the proper business attire for your prospective clientele.  The Japanese business men are very conventional in their dress.  Suits, shirts, preferably white, with ties. 

I like jaydee's use of the banded collar white shirt.  However to attain a more classic business look, he should have combined the banded collar with a traditional single/double breasted suit.  Then he has the business professional look by buttoning the collar without the need for wearing a tie.  My preference in fact to the conventional shirt and tie for almost 20 years.  Then removing the jacket and unbottoning the collar allows him to become casual dress without the need to change clothes.  Excellent for those dress down/casual Fridays when you have a morning meeting with the CEO, CFO, and/or COO.  But still want to have lunch at the local favorite place and toss down a couple of cold ones with the rank and file.

Carmine D.

I am sure you would know about corporate dress code.  Which corporation did you work for?  I forgot.

Acerone

Reply #173   Mar 12, 2008 9:32 pm
M00seUK wrote:
I saw the DC24 in the shops yesterday - it looks good and certainly stands out alongside the other bagless vac clones.<BR><BR>As mentioned, a sticker on the cyclone unit reminds you to check the filter every 1month... is this because with the reduced bin size, there's more chance of the user overfilling?<BR><BR>I like the multi-purpose bin release / trapdoor switch - simple and effective.

Didn't get a chance to compare it to the 25...
DysonInventsBig

Reply #174   Mar 12, 2008 11:14 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Do you think jaydee needs a wardrobe consultant?  Nehru jacket

and banded shirt collar.  Really!  Talk about retro look.

Carmine D.

The guy looked sharp.  Although he probably had more suits onboard his jet.        DIB

CarmineD

Reply #175   Mar 13, 2008 7:31 am
HARDSELL wrote:
I am sure you would know about corporate dress code.  Which corporation did you work for?  I forgot.

From 1992 until I retired in 2006, I was a consultant to industry and government on all matters related to vacuums.  Dress was important to me as well as to them.  If I walked into a Board room meeting, I dressed accordingly.  If I walked onto the factory floor, and into the break out area to mingle, I did the same.  Know your clients and customers and meet them on their level, including dress. 

How soon you forget. 

Carmine D.

This message was modified Mar 13, 2008 by CarmineD
DysonInventsBig

Reply #176   Mar 13, 2008 3:13 pm
DC18 wrote:
I believe the DC24 has been designed for apartments and flats and small houses.  With the DC24 being small and lite in a small hoise cleaning the stairs th euser would have to hold/rest the vacuum on the stairs and they vacuum with the hose.   I had the same issue with the DC15 as the hose on that is smaller in length to the other models (DC04/07/14) which when I spoke to Dyson (UK) helpline they sent me out a flexible hose extension to solve this issue!

DC18

DC18,

I had no idea Dyson had hose extensions available.  I have never seen hose extensions on Dyson’s web sites in the past.  Were they similar (thick heavy connectors and spring) to the hose that comes on Dyson vacuums or where they more lightweight (better for dusting)?  Fantom hose extensions looked identical or near identical to the hose on the vacuum except (of course) one end had a male fitting.  Thanks.        DIB

This message was modified Mar 13, 2008 by DysonInventsBig

DC18

Dyson, Sebo and Bissell user

Reply #177   Mar 15, 2008 10:48 am
DIB

I know they are not on the Dyson website, I'm sure they do them if you call the helpline.  I called to make them aware of the shorter hose lenght on the DC15 to the DC07 etc.. which they knew about (I'm assuming other customer called in too!), they where at the time producing an extension hose to fit onto the main hose.  I took a while to come but I was sent one free of charge.  It the same size and about the same length (extendable too) as the hose on the DC15 clips onto the main hose then you can attach the wand or the toold dircetly onto the end.

I can't see them doing this the DC24!

DC18

Trilobite

Reply #178   Mar 16, 2008 9:00 pm
DC18 wrote:
DIB

I know they are not on the Dyson website, I'm sure they do them if you call the helpline.  I called to make them aware of the shorter hose lenght on the DC15 to the DC07 etc.. which they knew about (I'm assuming other customer called in too!), they where at the time producing an extension hose to fit onto the main hose.  I took a while to come but I was sent one free of charge.  It the same size and about the same length (extendable too) as the hose on the DC15 clips onto the main hose then you can attach the wand or the toold dircetly onto the end.

I can't see them doing this the DC24!

DC18

They might, actually.

Consider someone living in a semi-detached, tired of lugging $#%*bersome cleaners about; wants a lightweight machine, buys a DC24, complains to Dyson about the short hose. Suppose Dyson addresses this problem? It has been done before, with the DC15.

I always liked the UK Hoover machines - they had the longest hoses on test, according to WHICH?

Speaking of Hoover, what happened to the Anniversary Centenary model that was touted?

(I see we have a ridiculous 'bot intercepting valid words and phrases. Might I suggest that the interception profiles be updated in some way?)

This message was modified Mar 16, 2008 by Trilobite
Replies: 169 - 178 of 535Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42