Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > NEW CAMARO/OR DODGE CHALLENGER

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
mole

NEW CAMARO/OR DODGE CHALLENGER
Original Message   Mar 5, 2008 10:03 am
Looks like CHEVROLET is going to release the new retro CAMARO soon, I hope that the s.s package is available with the ls3 motor,. And for the dodge camp the retro challenger is out with the HEMI it's a real tuff looking ride.

These cars should bring excitement back to the world of muscle cars.

Who cares about vacuum cleaners...........

MOLE

Replies: 45 - 54 of 63Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
JimRockford

Re: NEW CAMARO/OR DODGE CHALLENGER
Reply #45   Mar 12, 2008 12:29 am
I cant get excited by phony "retro" cars and dont understand why anyone who likes REAL vintage Camaros or Challengers would be doing back flips over a cheaply made over priced plastic imitation with blocky goofy looking styling that loosely apes the originals.

I dont give a damn how fast it is,if its ugly who cares! besides who needs 400hp to drive 15 miles an hour on the freeway?!,as it is we have all the idiots with their jap cars that think they are speed racer who run around killing people,so the cops have cracked down on all that crap...now if you even do a burn out its a thousand dollar ticket in some areas!

I'm sick off all these blocky plastic pseudo retro cars, Its just another sign to me of how creatively bankrupt our current soceity is...we arent producing any future classics,(cars,movies,etc) so we destroy the past with these poorly conceived knock offs.

The only people who buy these things are tattooed idiots with nose rings who put 68" western pioneer wagon wheels on their rides. About all I can say is that people today have very poor taste and will buy anything.there is seemingly nothing  lowbrow enough!.

Rap music,reality shows,Paris Hilton,hog rings,baggy pants and tatoos,plastic mustangs and gay priuses...thats our legacy! Aint life grand?.

When Chrysler came out with its 1957 Forward look cars,there was truly cause for excitement!, here  were futuristic dream cars that the working man could own.

Fenders darted forward,fins soared,rooflines were lowered,torsion aire handling and shifting gears was done by push button! Life was exciting and new,people wondered at the future!

These cars were refreshing,daring and NEW!,they were the product of a better time.they werent tired poorly translated designs from the past.they were NEW!

I am simply amazed at the level of talent and creativity we had in the past....NOW we get fed mangled up tidbits of the past that insult the originals.

The best of today cant compete with the average of the past.

This message was modified Mar 12, 2008 by JimRockford
Just

Reply #46   Mar 12, 2008 10:08 am
JimRockford wrote:

The only people who buy these things are tattooed idiots with nose rings who put 68" western pioneer wagon wheels on their rides. About all I can say is that people today have very poor taste and will buy anything.there is seemingly nothing  lowbrow enough!.

Well I'm off to the Tattoo/Piercing palor just as soon as I finish vacuuming out the retro with my Dyson.

Now if this wasn't a troll post, I've never seen one.

Lucky1

Reply #47   Mar 12, 2008 10:34 am
Can't find much to argue about with most of that rant!

As long as our companies are run by a type of "Financial Aristocracy" and/or "Industrial Family Dynasties" we will never have the drive to create better products for the masses. Economic policy of our Gov't is shaped by the highest corporate campaign donors not what's good for the country. And as I've said before Creative people in corporations are driven out. They are dangerous to status quo thinking. Also type "A" personalities do not take being called wrong very well, especially if it's the truth!

Somewhere in our corporate history "bean counters" became the voice over innovators.

Most people tend to associate with like minds so it stands to reason if creative people are shunned it leaves only non-creative people to run our companies.
mole

Reply #48   Mar 12, 2008 11:55 am
J.R. makes an excellent point about what this society has become. I can unserstand where he's coming from. Some of us have been around long enough to remember the good ol days,but must ask yourself this question were they really that good? New technology does have some real benefits for the human race.

Is it better to work hard or work smart?

MOLE

B.T.W. MY 4TH GENERATION CAMARO IS THE FASTEST, BEST HANDLEING,RATTLEFREE , CAMARO EVER.I also have 69 Z/28.

MOLE

HARDSELL

Reply #49   Mar 12, 2008 9:43 pm
mole wrote:
J.R. makes an excellent point about what this society has become. I can unserstand where he's coming from. Some of us have been around long enough to remember the good ol days,but must ask yourself this question were they really that good? New technology does have some real benefits for the human race.

Is it better to work hard or work smart?

MOLE

B.T.W. MY 4TH GENERATION CAMARO IS THE FASTEST, BEST HANDLEING,RATTLEFREE , CAMARO EVER.I also have 69 Z/28.

MOLE

Hey Mole,

Have to say that you and J.R. make excellent points.  I owned many of those collectable MOPARS before they were valuable.  I do not know if those were better days or if I was just younger and more care free.  I am sure my parents felt then as I do now.

As much as I like the older muscle cars I do not miss the maintenance required to keep them in top running order.  A lot of the fantacies back then are reality today whether J.R. thinks so, or not.

Remember when the Hemi's and 427 Vettes were the ones to beat.  The new Vette will dust them.  Even a die hard MOPAR nut has to admit this.

I think I could enjoy a little time reminiscing with Carmine about the old days.  I know he could give me some very interesting stories.  Some may even be true.

Best wishes to all.

CarmineD

Reply #50   Mar 13, 2008 7:44 am
HARDSELL wrote:

I think I could enjoy a little time reminiscing with Carmine about the old days.  I know he could give me some very interesting stories.  Some may even be true.

Best wishes to all.

Thay are all true my dear man.  I always tell you:  Truth is stranger than fiction.

Carmine D.

mole

Reply #51   Mar 13, 2008 6:52 pm
You know H.S. when Carmine said he had NITRO in his tires,I thought at first it was NITROMETHANE,Thank GOD it was nitrogen.

All i could think of was poor Carmine getting the explorer up to speed and heat up the tires and blow himself into orbit. B.T.W Carmine do you like convertibles[not the HOOVER one]...............

MOLE

HARDSELL

Reply #52   Mar 13, 2008 8:45 pm
mole wrote:
You know H.S. when Carmine said he had NITRO in his tires,I thought at first it was NITROMETHANE,Thank GOD it was nitrogen.

All i could think of was poor Carmine getting the explorer up to speed and heat up the tires and blow himself into orbit. B.T.W Carmine do you like convertibles[not the HOOVER one]...............

MOLE

That's funny.
CarmineD

Reply #53   Mar 14, 2008 3:53 am
mole wrote:

MOLE

Owned a 59 Ford hard top convertible.  Loved it.

Carmine D.

mole

Reply #54   Dec 24, 2008 7:20 pm
JimRockford wrote:
I cant get excited by phony "retro" cars and dont understand why anyone who likes REAL vintage Camaros or Challengers would be doing back flips over a cheaply made over priced plastic imitation with blocky goofy looking styling that loosely apes the originals.

I dont give a damn how fast it is,if its ugly who cares! besides who needs 400hp to drive 15 miles an hour on the freeway?!,as it is we have all the idiots with their jap cars that think they are speed racer who run around killing people,so the cops have cracked down on all that crap...now if you even do a burn out its a thousand dollar ticket in some areas!

I'm sick off all these blocky plastic pseudo retro cars, Its just another sign to me of how creatively bankrupt our current soceity is...we arent producing any future classics,(cars,movies,etc) so we destroy the past with these poorly conceived knock offs.

Rap music,reality shows,Paris Hilton,hog rings,baggy pants and tatoos,plastic mustangs and gay priuses...thats our legacy! Aint life grand?.

When Chrysler came out with its 1957 Forward look cars,there was truly cause for excitement!, here  were futuristic dream cars that the working man could own.

Fenders darted forward,fins soared,rooflines were lowered,torsion aire handling and shifting gears was done by push button! Life was exciting and new,people wondered at the future!

These cars were refreshing,daring and NEW!,they were the product of a better time.they werent tired poorly translated designs from the past.they were NEW!

I am simply amazed at the level of talent and creativity we had in the past....NOW we get fed mangled up tidbits of the past that insult the originals.

The best of today cant compete with the average of the past.

Ask yourself this question.Is this what happened to us when we were not looking,or being DISTRACTED by AMERICAN IDOL????????
Replies: 45 - 54 of 63Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42