Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > NEW CAMARO/OR DODGE CHALLENGER

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
mole

NEW CAMARO/OR DODGE CHALLENGER
Original Message   Mar 5, 2008 10:03 am
Looks like CHEVROLET is going to release the new retro CAMARO soon, I hope that the s.s package is available with the ls3 motor,. And for the dodge camp the retro challenger is out with the HEMI it's a real tuff looking ride.

These cars should bring excitement back to the world of muscle cars.

Who cares about vacuum cleaners...........

MOLE

Replies: 35 - 44 of 63Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
CarmineD

Re: NEW CAMARO/OR DODGE CHALLENGER
Reply #35   Mar 7, 2008 7:18 pm
mole wrote:
Hi Carmin, kidding 

I believe you are correct, And money will be worthless also

mole

We knew all along.  The truth always comes to light.  Interesting the way the facts and circumstances come to light.  Like thieves, in time, liars get caught.  

Carmine D.

This message was modified Mar 7, 2008 by CarmineD
HARDSELL

Reply #36   Mar 7, 2008 8:06 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Due time my man.  Seeing is believing.  Or in BEST BUY"s case, not seeing [dysons] is believing.  BEST BUY management has a decision to make.  It wants to keep one high price vacuum line: Will it be ELectrolux or dyson?  Can't be both.  Which one will it be?  Ummm? 

Didn't you tell me once that you wanted to buy an Electrolux for a friend/family member with a BEST BUY Giftcard?  

Carmine D

You already set the time frame a year or so back  and missed it.  I predict BB to go out of business in the next 1000 years.

I am certainly glad I did not get the Electrolux.  Got the Bissell HH which was returned.  Spent the card on useful electronics instead.

CarmineD

Reply #37   Mar 8, 2008 7:06 am
HARDSELL wrote:
You already set the time frame a year or so back  and missed it.  I predict BB to go out of business in the next 1000 years.

I am certainly glad I did not get the Electrolux.  Got the Bissell HH which was returned.  Spent the card on useful electronics instead.

Hey my man:

I underlined the relevant part of your post.  Prima facie evidence for BEST BUY's culling and dropping high end vacuums from their inventories.  BEST BUY did this in the Spring of 2006 with the Electrolux line.  Then brought it back later in the year.  New vacuum vacuum sales were booming then.  On the contrary now, high price vacuums are not selling.  BB could abandon both high price vacuum lines from their stores [dyson and Electrolux] and/or Web Sites.  Or a combination of both.  Keep the mover in the store and the laggard on the Web.  My sense is that the BEST BUY stores will keep one full line [Electrolux] and one or two of the laggard brand for customer sales.  Electrolux in the store, dyson on the Web Site.  Time will tell.

Dyson needed BEST BUY in 2005 and 2006 to buy up and sell all the DC07 All Floors that Wal*Mart kicked back [after dyson and Wal*Mart parted ways the first time over the bruhaha with the All Carpets price].  Sales of dysons were decent then.  No more.  BEST BUY and Circuit City are in a fight for survival.  And they know it won't be vacuums that save them.  It's electronics.  You can vouch for that.

Carmine D.

This message was modified Mar 8, 2008 by CarmineD
CarmineD

Reply #38   Mar 8, 2008 8:48 am
HARDSELL wrote:

A post script:  On Wickes Furniture.  A brand new store opened here in North Las Vegas less than one year ago.  Huge.  Supposed to be an anchor store to draw.  In the same mall as the BEST BUY store which opened in August 2007.  Wickes nationwide is going out of business including this new store in NLV.  Over $75 MILLION in unsold inventory.  No doubt a casualty of the sub-prime slime which peaked in August 2006. 

I never thought that the sub-prime slime had enough strong wind to carry it through to August 2006.  I thought the bubble would burst months earlier.  But it moved by its own momentum well into 2007 [June] before bursting and petering out.  Probably due to government intervention.  Sure up election campaigning.  Have to put on a  face and do and say whatever is necessary to help the incumbents in power stay in office.  Even the seasoned democrats and the learned people in the know missed the coming doom.  My timing was a tad bit off, I'll grant you.  But I was right on with the underlying facts and circumstances.   

Like a smart man once said: "You don't know who's swimming naked until the tide goes out.  Then all are exposed."  You can't always predict with exact precision when it will be.  The key is to make sure you are properly covered when it does. 

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #39   Mar 8, 2008 9:16 am
CarmineD wrote:
Hey my man:

I underlined the relevant part of your post.  Prima facie evidence for BEST BUY's culling and dropping high end vacuums from their inventories.  BEST BUY did this in the Spring of 2006 with the Electrolux line.  Then brought it back later in the year.  New vacuum vacuum sales were booming then.  On the contrary now, high price vacuums are not selling.  BB could abandon both high price vacuum lines from their stores [dyson and Electrolux] and/or Web Sites.  Or a combination of both.  Keep the mover in the store and the laggard on the Web.  My sense is that the BEST BUY stores will keep one full line [Electrolux] and one or two of the laggard brand for customer sales.  Electrolux in the store, dyson on the Web Site.  Time will tell.

Dyson needed BEST BUY in 2005 and 2006 to buy up and sell all the DC07 All Floors that Wal*Mart kicked back [after dyson and Wal*Mart parted ways the first time over the bruhaha with the All Carpets price].  Sales of dysons were decent then.  No more.  BEST BUY and Circuit City are in a fight for survival.  And they know it won't be vacuums that save them.  It's electronics.  You can vouch for that.

Carmine D.

BB and a lot of other stores could do a lot things.  Make enough predictions and you should get at least 1 right.  Regarding your underlined prediction:  At different times you said that Electrolux and Bissell would replace Dyson in BB.  You gave deadlines that I do not intend to search for.  They are past and Dyson is still there. Those who followed you will probably recall.  .

According to guru Carmine each new model Hoover introduced in the past 3 years would be the demise of Dyson.  Bad predictions.  Has anyone found brand new in box Dysons that sell for $50 like the Hoover Z?

CarmineD

Reply #40   Mar 8, 2008 2:18 pm
Yes, the dyson DC11 cann.  All I wanted for $50, new in the boxes.  I posted when BEST BUY had them on weekly clearance aisle marking them down more each week until they sold.  I turned them down.  They're collectibles now.  I think thay actually gave some away.

Don't forget the Electrolux line which BEST BUY offered to me for 20 percent on the dollar in the spring of 2006.  Only to bring them back in the winter at full price and still. Why? The CR reviews [I think I mentioned that to you several times.  You keep forgetting.]

BISSELL HEALTHY HOME, HOOVER WT 2, and Elite Rewind are the bagless brand uprights still at COSTCO now.  Not dysons.  With a bag, Eureka Smart Vac.  Did I mention that BISSELL HH ties and/or beats all the dysons, save the $550 DC17 Absolute Animal [according to CR]?  Wonder if that had an impact on the COSTCO decision to scrup dysons?  What do you think?

This is old stuff HS, my man.  You and your dysons are going down.  You can't stop it.  

Carmine D.

HARDSELL

Reply #41   Mar 8, 2008 4:28 pm
CarmineD wrote:
Yes, the dyson DC11 cann.  All I wanted for $50, new in the boxes.  I posted when BEST BUY had them on weekly clearance aisle marking them down more each week until they sold.  I turned them down.  They're collectibles now.  I think thay actually gave some away.

Don't forget the Electrolux line which BEST BUY offered to me for 20 percent on the dollar in the spring of 2006.  Only to bring them back in the winter at full price and still. Why? The CR reviews [I think I mentioned that to you several times.  You keep forgetting.]

BISSELL HEALTHY HOME, HOOVER WT 2, and Elite Rewind are the bagless brand uprights still at COSTCO now.  Not dysons.  With a bag, Eureka Smart Vac.  Did I mention that BISSELL HH ties and/or beats all the dysons, save the $550 DC17 Absolute Animal [according to CR]?  Wonder if that had an impact on the COSTCO decision to scrup dysons?  What do you think?

This is old stuff HS, my man.  You and your dysons are going down.  You can't stop it.  

Carmine D.

If your foresight is so good why didn't you buy the Electrolux?  They still do not rate so good by owners.

Dyson would never be great in COSTCO.  They do not sell hi end if you ever noticed.  A wise shopper can avoid COSTO and get better bargains.

You know my sentiments about CR ratings so I will not bore the others explaining.  Did I mention that the HH did not perform as well as the DC07 in my home?  I think that COSTCO shoppers are looking for bargains and will continue to buy the entry level stuff that they sell and that they can afford.

I hear an echo as you continue to fall.  I have stopped it so far.

CarmineD

Reply #42   Mar 8, 2008 5:44 pm
I didn't take BEST BUY up on the offer in spring 2006 because we were in the midst of a move across country.  [This is now the 6th time I told you].  Maybe we can make it 10?

Dyson and COSTCO agreed to 3 Exclusive models in 5 years: DC07, 14, and 15.  The 15 was the worse and didn't last a season at COSTCO for $519.  Didn't sell.  Dumped in early 2006.  The DC07 was a much better seller and subsequently replaced by the DC14 Exclusive for $469.  It was not as good a seller.  The reason that the DC18 with the 3 extra tools is now on clearance for $399 at COSTCO stores.  

The BISSELL HEALTHY HOME [still at COSTCO] beat out all the dysons in the CR ratings save the DC17 for $550.  All the HOOVER WT's bagged and bagless beat out the dysons [COSTCO has the WT-2] save the DC17.  The only HOOVER dyson beats is the HOOVER Elite Rewind [also at COSTCO for $89].  But this $89 HOOVER beats all the dysons in the Pet Hair removal category.  And it ties the DC17 [best rated dyson] in the Pet Hair Removal with a Very Good.  AND unlike the dysons [even the DC17], the HOOVER Elite for $89 has a cordwinder, headlight, and a turbo tool on board.  Do you think these are features that vacuum buyers who shop at the big box retailers like ?  Probably.  No doubt the reason that other retailers sell the model too.  And HOME DEPOT has an exclusive Elite called the HOOVER Legacy Elite for $90.   That's what's selling my man.  Things are tight.  People don't have alot of money to blow on high price mediocre bagless vacuums.  That's what dysons are.

COSTCO shoppers, averaging $70,000 plus per year, are savvy.  They aren't fooled by higher prices. 

Did I mention that COSTCO stores sell Consumer Reports magazines.  At 30 percent off the newsstand price.  Do you think COSTCO management actual reads the magazine too?  From the vacuums still standing, I'd say most definitely.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #43   Mar 9, 2008 7:36 am
HARDSELL wrote:
BB and a lot of other stores could do a lot things.  Make enough predictions and you should get at least 1 right. 

Well, you're right there my man.  BEST BUY stock price took a drubbing this past week.  Down over $10 a share in one week.  From $49 plus to $39.  Whew!  Hold your breadth.  Hang on to your hat.  It's stock price is down over 25 percent for the year.  Investors are not going to be happy.  That's a big hit my main man.  Expect drastic changes to come from BEST BUY.  JUST suggested that car dealers can give away new vacuums with their car sales to jump start car sales.  Maybe BEST BUY stores can give away new automobiles with the purchase of its high price vacuums? 

Wal*Mart sales for February 2008 were looking good.  Exceeded analysts expectations.  Led and elevated the retail sales for the rest of the retailers who report monthly sales [recall these are the ones doing okay since the ones doing poorly have stopped reporting monthly].  WM stock price is hanging tough at $49.  Up for the year.  And it RAISED it's quarterly dividend 25 percent giving investors back $3 BILLION dollars of profits.  Go figure.  Wasn't there a poster on one of the now defunct vacuum Forums who said Wal*Mart was the retail stock to buy?  I'm almost positive I read that by him.  

Carmine D.

This message was modified Mar 9, 2008 by CarmineD
CarmineD

Reply #44   Mar 10, 2008 2:42 pm
mole wrote:
Hi Carmin, kidding 

I believe you are correct, And money will be worthless also

mole

Hello Mole:

You're exactly right about the worthless dollars.  The risk that the Fed faces monetarily by cutting the Fed funds rate, on which all other US intererst rates are gauged, is lessening the value of US dollars here and abroad.  Fueling inflation.  But, 2008 is an election year.  Despite the Fed's supposed independence, the Fed Chief is a politician first and an economist second.   

Last week the European Central Bankers convened and decided not to cut the ECB rate below 4 percent.  This goes contrary to Ben Bernanke's actions in the USA to cut rates.  Bernanke on one side of the pond is fighting the recession by fueling inflation.  The European Bankers are fighting inflation and ignoring the recession.  No doubt the reason that the Euro hit an all time high against the dollar last week:  $1.59 US to the Euro. 

There will be another rate cut in the next week by the Fed to bring the Fed Funds rate below 3 percent and another Administration stimulus package next year for Americans.  In addition to the one this year.  Both are inflationary.   It's going to get very interesting in the months and years ahead.

Carmine D.

Replies: 35 - 44 of 63Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42