Abby's Guide to Vacuum Cleaners
Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Vacuum Cleaners > Discussions > Sanitaire SC5845 Bagless, Dyson DC14 or other Upright

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
rjg2

Sanitaire SC5845 Bagless, Dyson DC14 or other Upright
Original Message   Feb 17, 2008 5:01 am
Hello,

I am looking at purchasing a good vac for pet hair.  I am considering the above 2 or something else.  I prefer a bagless upright that has attachments.  I like the price of the Sanitaire.  I also would like something that is reliable.  Thanks for any help!
This message was modified Feb 17, 2008 by rjg2
Replies: 28 - 37 of 112Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
rjg2

Re: Sanitaire SC5845 Bagless, Dyson DC14 or other Upright
Reply #28   Feb 20, 2008 2:08 pm
Thanks to all for the replies.  I read Cyclonemans info and it was interesting.  All of the info. made me go and order a Dyson DC07.  I know it isn't exactly what everyone recommended but it should work better than a 10 year old Hoover upright. 
DysonInventsBig

Reply #29   Feb 20, 2008 3:41 pm

rjg2,

My neighbor loves her DC07.  I personally think the DC07 high efficiency filtration is the best Dyson currently offers.  It should filter better than Dyson’s newest uprights that are coming too (the DC24/25).  There are some patent pendings from big corporations out of Asia that are copying James’ proven upward cyclone filtration and putting them into their canisters.  These/this type of filtration configuration/s are here to stay.        DIB

This message was modified Feb 20, 2008 by DysonInventsBig

CarmineD

Reply #30   Feb 20, 2008 7:26 pm
rjg2 wrote:
Thanks to all for the replies.  I read Cyclonemans info and it was interesting.  All of the info. made me go and order a Dyson DC07.  I know it isn't exactly what everyone recommended but it should work better than a 10 year old Hoover upright. 

Congrats on the new dyson.  Good choice IF you snagged it for a good price.  Home Depot is selling the DC07 and DC14 on clearance AND offering an additional 10 percent off through today for Presidents' Day.  The DC07 is the better of the deals IMHO:  $329 on clearance less an additional $33 for final price of $299.  5 year Warranty.  Not bad.

Of course, I wouldn't toss/gift away that 10 year old HOOVER quite yet.  Not until you try out the new dyson and are duly pleased with the results. 

Carmine D.

MrApollinax

Reply #31   Feb 20, 2008 7:40 pm
the DC07 is starting to clearance out of Targets right now. I think they are trying to clear stock before getting the new models in. There are some reports of 50% mark downs from the ticket price of 399.99. If you can find one at the 199-225 range you could try to be industrious and get a picture and manager confirmation and take it to Circuit City, Sears or BBB and try to get a price match less 5%. That puts the 07 in the 190-200 range before taxes. From the reports only the DC07 is clearancing out. The DC14,15 and 17 are all still regular price right now. Good luck!
mole

Reply #32   Jun 6, 2008 6:01 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:

rjg2,

My neighbor loves her DC07.  I personally think the DC07 high efficiency filtration is the best Dyson currently offers.  It should filter better than Dyson’s newest uprights that are coming too (the DC24/25).  There are some patent pendings from big corporations out of Asia that are copying James’ proven upward cyclone filtration and putting them into their canisters.  These/this type of filtration configuration/s are here to stay.        DIB

DO YOU STILL FEEL THIS WAY D.I.B

MOLE
DysonInventsBig

Reply #33   Jun 6, 2008 6:19 pm
mole wrote:

MOLE

I said a few things.  What exactly is the question?        DIB

CarmineD

Reply #34   Jun 7, 2008 8:35 am
DysonInventsBig wrote:

I said a few things.  What exactly is the question?        DIB

DysonInventsBig wrote:

My neighbor loves her DC07.  I personally think the DC07 high efficiency filtration is the best Dyson currently offers.  It should filter better than Dyson’s newest uprights that are coming too (the DC24/25).  [others are] copying James’ proven upward cyclone filtration and putting them into their canisters.  These/this type of filtration configuration/s are here to stay.        DIB

Hello DIB:

Nice try.  Please allow me to facilitate the discussion here for you.

Like MOLE above,  I doubt the innovative success of dyson.  Why?  Simple.  If the most ardent dyson fans like yourself [above] claim publicly that the 6 year old DC07 bests the newest DC24/25.  Is it any wonder that die hard dyson fans [like HARDSELL] don't buy new dysons [in fact return newly purchased DC14-s].  My sense is that all the dyson fans believe new dyson models are lacking and not as good as past.

Over time and experience [15 years as Dsyon LTD], the latest and greatest guru of vacuum filtration [Mr. Dyson] by his own admirers' admissions is not getting better.  What happened to the dyson improvement that HARDSELL boasts about?  Sounds more like failure.

[To quote my esteemed friend and colleague]:

mole wrote:

MOLE

[DIB: Merely re-read your post to discern the question]?

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jun 7, 2008 by CarmineD
dusty

Reply #35   Jun 7, 2008 5:57 pm
CarmineD wrote:

My sense is that all the dyson fans believe new dyson models are lacking and not as good as past.

You could also include all Hoover, Eureka, Electrolux, Filter Queen etc fans in that statement.  Most would agree nobody makes anything as good as they used to whether it be a model from 5 years ago or 30 years ago. Sad.

Dusty

CarmineD

Reply #36   Jun 7, 2008 6:17 pm
Hello Dusty:

Very true.  We know how these brands have deteriorated in quality [not performance] over the years.  Suction power, rug cleaning performance, features, maintenance, and weight of the brands you cite are all much better today than their yester- year models.  They clean better, filter better, require less repair and maintenance, have added amenities and features, etc, etc.  And prices have come down.

Back to dysons.  DIB's post about dyson filtration.  The quintessential feature of dysons.  Filtration!  No need for bags that clog.  Right.  Originally, the dyson mantra was:  Never clogs, never loses suction.   With pre-motor filters needing cleaning annually in the DC07/14, save unusual conditions. 

The revised mantra: Never loses suction.  [True of all vacuums.] 

DIB says that the latest and greatest dysons [and still most expensive big box store brand] don't measure up to the DC07 for filtration.  Why?  In part, because the pre-motor filters call for cleaning every 3-4-5 months.  Hassle!  Like changing a paper bag plus daily/weekly dirt bin dumping with home air pollution!

Is this the new and improved dyson innvovation we all hear about?  Requiring a cadre of 500 engineers and enormous annual R&D spending? 

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jun 7, 2008 by CarmineD
DysonInventsBig

Reply #37   Jun 7, 2008 9:43 pm

If people don’t want to purchase a steerable and pivoting Dyson upright that requires more than normal filter maintenance then they have the choice to purchase a competing steerable and pivoting upright from…  well nobody.        DIB

This message was modified Jun 7, 2008 by DysonInventsBig

Replies: 28 - 37 of 112Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42