Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
DysonInventsBig

Dyson on t.v.
Original Message   Aug 15, 2007 2:51 am

This message was modified Dec 27, 2008 by DysonInventsBig

Replies: 66 - 75 of 85Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
iMacDaddy

Electrolux UltraOne EL7070, Bissell BigGreen Deep Cleaning Machine

Re: Dyson on t.v.
Reply #66   Aug 15, 2009 12:49 pm
I suspect the price will come down after a year.  When the DC23 was launched, it was sold for $749.  Now the MSRP is $599.  I suspect after a year, the DC22 will be closer to the $600 range.  AAAvacs.com is selling the DC22 Turbinehead/Motorhead for $499/$599, respectively.

I have been using a DC22 for a week now, and it really seems to eliminate any dust bypass , even though a little bit of sands gets through.  Very little dust bypasses the core separator, which tells me it's doing almost all of the particle separating.   
CarmineD

Reply #67   Aug 15, 2009 1:59 pm
I told you so: the DC22 DDM cann is the best kept secret in the vacuum industry in 2009.  Not a waord about it from anyone in the industry.  It's done a Claude Rains since its launch at the VDTA in Feb 2009.  Invisible!

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #68   Aug 15, 2009 2:12 pm
iMacDaddy wrote:
I suspect the price will come down after a year.  When the DC23 was launched, it was sold for $749.  Now the MSRP is $599.  I suspect after a year, the DC22 will be closer to the $600 range.  AAAvacs.com is selling the DC22 Turbinehead/Motorhead for $499/$599, respectively.

I have been using a DC22 for a week now, and it really seems to eliminate any dust bypass , even though a little bit of sands gets through.  Very little dust bypasses the core separator, which tells me it's doing almost all of the particle separating.   

iMacDady:

If little bits of sand get through, more can/will.  As pointed out, if the cyclones are overwhelmed [read have to over work themselves to separate more than average loads of input], the filtration effectiveness falls off.

Carmine D.

dusty

Reply #69   Aug 15, 2009 4:19 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
no filter washing for 4-7 years (under normal use)

Is this the DC22 you're referring to?  Our unit is clearly labeled that both filters require washing every 3 months.

Dusty
DysonInventsBig

Reply #70   Aug 15, 2009 4:42 pm
dusty wrote:
Is this the DC22 you're referring to?  Our unit is clearly labeled that both filters require washing every 3 months.

Dusty

The DDM DC22 label reads wash every 3 months - while on high speed?  Hmmm...

The pre-launch information I received simply echoed what was previously said at the Japanese launch, it’s packaging and what is advertised online at Dyson Japan. 

DIB

dusty

Reply #71   Aug 15, 2009 5:20 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
The DDM DC22 label reads wash every 3 months - while on high speed?  Hmmm...

The pre-launch information I received simply echoed what was previously said at the Japanese launch, it’s packaging and what is advertised online at Dyson Japan. 

DIB

Hi Dib,

Canadian box shows no mention of filter cleaning intervals.  The stickers on the unit and the included instruction manual both state both filters be cleaned every 3 months under normal conditions, more frequently if being used for fine dust.  This said, having run the machine around the store for the past couple weeks the filters are still spotless.

Dusty
Acerone

Reply #72   Aug 15, 2009 5:56 pm
dusty wrote:
Hi Dib,<BR><BR>Canadian box shows no mention of filter cleaning intervals.  The stickers on the unit and the included instruction manual both state both filters be cleaned every 3 months under normal conditions, more frequently if being used for fine dust.  This said, having run the machine around the store for the past couple weeks the filters are still spotless.<BR><BR>Dusty

Dusty, you have the DC22? Is there anyway that you can upload some videos of the 22 on Youtube?
dusty

Reply #73   Aug 15, 2009 6:28 pm
Acerone wrote:
Dusty, you have the DC22? Is there anyway that you can upload some videos of the 22 on Youtube?

Yep, we've had it for a few weeks now.  Nice little unit.  Have to say sorry on the videos, don't have anything to shoot with. 

Dusty
DysonInventsBig

Reply #74   Aug 15, 2009 8:59 pm
iMacDaddy wrote:

The filtration is unbelievable!  To bad Dyson does not sell it as so.

DIB

CarmineD

Reply #75   Aug 16, 2009 7:05 am
DIB:

Have the indies who sell dyson had to correct you again here:  3 months for washing cycles on the pre-motor filters in the DDM DC22 doesn't even come close to 4-7 years that you bragged for this model.  As the number one advocate for dyso, you're burying it into a huge sink hole.  Looks like that neighbor of yours botched up the Japanese translation on the DDM DC22 box as bad as the Congo questioner for poor Mrs. Clinton.  What the box says is wash 4 times a year/every 3 months.  Somebody added the two numbers to get 7?  That's funny! 

The mistake is obvious.  Check out the filter maintenace on the DC30/31 with DDM.  No outlandish claims about cleaning 4-7 years. 

DIB, stop worrying about the indies here and start doing your dyson research and homework and get it right at least once in moon.

Carmine D.

Replies: 66 - 75 of 85Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42