Username Password
Home Discussions Reviews More Guides

Vacuum Cleaners Discussions

Search For:
DysonInventsBig

Dyson on t.v.
Original Message   Aug 15, 2007 2:51 am

This message was modified Dec 27, 2008 by DysonInventsBig

Replies: 56 - 65 of 85Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
CarmineD

Re: Dyson on t.v.
Reply #56   Jul 30, 2009 6:38 am
retardturtle1 wrote:
i say what i gotta say....i stand my ground on what i believe in......all in good fun...nothing better than a debate i say... heck DIB ..id even save you a seat on the lifeboat

when it comes time for you to jump ship. 

Hello 'turtle1'

You're a gentleman and a vacuum man.

Carmine D.

CarmineD

Reply #57   Jul 30, 2009 6:50 am
CarmineD wrote:
I watched the HSN clip.  Takes about 25 minutes.  Very disappointing demoes and pitches.  Gone are the grandiose praises of dyson sales.  Dave had difficulty with picking up some of the materials he spread on th carpets.  Boasting one pass pick up and after several passes w/o luck said the materials must have "static charge."  Welcome to the real world Dave. 

Carmine D. 

CarmineD wrote:

Hello vaclov and Venson:

Procare is right on and is MOLE.  DC28 design could be problematic by sealing too tightly with rugs and stiffling suction power even resulting in overheating.  Note the Aerus write up about the Aerus power brush heads and tools. 

Carmine D.

After thinking on this for a bit, I'm concerned that the reason dyson Dave couldn't pick up the materials he spread out on the rug in one [and even more passes] is the reason Procare and MOLE provided.  Sealed to tightly to the rug.

mole wrote:

Ahh the dc28,the Dyson king of the hill machine.

will seal itself to higher pile carpeting

the normal everyday consumer will over adjust the brush and head, causing big prblems right off the bat.

This should be the straw that breaks the camels back.

regards

MOLE

procare wrote:

The DC-28 sounds like it is not made for the American carpets.With the pneumatic acuator and STIFF brushes going deeper into the pile a couple of things would happen.  ONE ) The carpet would be frayed in a year's use and  TWO) airflow would be deminished because of the seal it would cause. Our carpets, the majority have a plastic moisture barrier to keep water from going through because of hot water extraction. In the earlier carpets they breath due to jute back carpeting. That is why older Kirby s could seal to the floor and clean , today they need air openings to let airflow.

Procare

When I demoed dyson's DC28 at BEST BUY store, the carpetting is their run of the mill flat line pile.  Not typical of what is found in US homes and houses.  Dyson may have an expensive red herring on his hands with this one and perhaps that is the reason for the price wars, since the dyson twins have ignored the questions. 

Carmine D.

This message was modified Jul 30, 2009 by CarmineD
CarmineD

Reply #58   Jul 30, 2009 8:47 am
Acerone wrote:
I don't know... Everytime Dave launches a new model I'm disappointed... And you know I'm a die hard Dyson supporter...

Hello Ace:

The crux of Dave's premise/pitch is that the new dyson airmuscle technology gets more deep down dirt, period.  All the rest is fluff.  Never did he provide evidence to prove this premise.  He made a very feeble attempt by running over an unvacuumed portion of the carpet and showing what the DC28 picks up.  Not good enough.  Any vacuum will do this. 

When I demoed the DC28 at BEST BUY, I dumped a dyson display dirt bin and spread out and walked the contents into the carpet.  Using the default setting of medium [wrong choice by dyson], I vacuumed up the contents.  Didn't get it all in one pass/two.  The remains were vsibly present on the surface.  Imagine the imbedded unseen stuff still lingering.  I lowered the rug setting and tried again.  Much better.  But the drawback is the hard pushing and pulling.  Now, this is the traditional flat line BB pile rug.  Not the norm for US homes.  Upgrade the pile a tad.  What happens?  Again, as others like MOLE and Procare noted here, the tendency of the airmuscle components to seal the nozzle to the rug.  Not only hard to puch/pull but doesn't get up the dirt.

Carmine D.

DysonInventsBig

Reply #59   Jul 30, 2009 4:02 pm
retardturtle1 wrote:
i say what i gotta say....i stand my ground on what i believe in......all in good fun...nothing better than a debate i say... heck DIB ..id even save you a seat on the lifeboat

when it comes time for you to jump ship. 

Likewise.  Although...  my life saving invention will be made off the backs of Dyson’s inventive men and women.  Your life saving invention is likely made (in full/in part) off the back of competitors inventive men and women (using their expired patents), and sold as exclusive, new and exciting.  :)

DIB
This message was modified Jul 30, 2009 by DysonInventsBig

CarmineD

Reply #60   Jul 30, 2009 4:15 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
Likewise.  Although...  my life saving invention will be made off the backs of Dyson’s inventive men and women.  Your life saving invention is likely made (in full/in part) off the back of competitors inventive men and women (using their expired patents), and sold as exclusive, new and exciting.  :)

DIB

As usual DIB, turtle1 responds in a gentleman fashion and you respond like cry baby again.

Carmine D.

DysonInventsBig

Reply #61   Jul 30, 2009 5:05 pm
CarmineD wrote:
As usual DIB, turtle1 responds in a gentleman fashion and you respond like cry baby again.

Carmine D.

I wrote it in fun.  Nice try.

CarmineD

Reply #62   Jul 30, 2009 5:30 pm
DysonInventsBig wrote:
I wrote it in fun.  Nice try.

Me too DIB, didn't you hear me laughing!

Carmine D.

Acerone

Reply #63   Aug 11, 2009 12:02 am
Dave will be back on Saturday and hopefully this time he'll demo the DC22 which now has 4 flex payments....
Acerone

Reply #64   Aug 15, 2009 9:59 am
Acerone wrote:
Dave will be back on Saturday and hopefully this time he'll demo the DC22 which now has 4 flex payments....

No DC22 today.... Only the DC25 Animal...
DysonInventsBig

Reply #65   Aug 15, 2009 10:28 am
Acerone wrote:
No DC22 today.... Only the DC25 Animal...

Thanks Ace.

Have you signed up for HSN's product message alerts?  Although they do not inform if a launch is pending.  I'm not looking forward to Dyson not touting is "worlds best" vacuum filtration.  An early reviewer (editor/mag contributor) wrote and said he was baffled as to $700-$800 price tag (DC22).  Having NIB-like or keeping 100% suction strength (No Loss of Suction) and no filter washing for 4-7 years (under normal use) is a HUGE BREAKTHRU and is something peoplw want to buy.  Only Dyson is not telling them.

DIB

Replies: 56 - 65 of 85Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Vacuum Cleaners Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42