Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Yamaha YS624T for sale in Grand Rapids MI

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
jackley

Yamaha YS624T for sale in Grand Rapids MI
Original Message   Dec 2, 2011 12:31 pm
http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/for/2730997044.html

It is not mine, but it just popped up on Craigslist.

<quote>I decided on snow plow service a few years back and this very rare heavy-duty Yamaha YS624T snow blower has been sitting in my garage ever since. This is by far the best machine I've ever owned. This snow blower has a 6 horsepower 4 stroke motor that is deceptive in its output. The "saw-blade auger" chops through snow with amazing agility. The shoot is only 24" wide but this unit outperformed my Honda 828 which is what I used before this one. Unbelievably, this machine is capable of throwing snow up to 46' at a rate of 35 tons/hour. Compare that to any brand-new 2 stage out there and I doubt that you'll match this capacity very easily. This unit is a track-drive system which will go through anything that our winter can throw at us! It can clear a pile of snow up to 22" in one swipe. It has 3 forward gears and 2 reverse gears. I'm also impressed by this unit's 4 step tilt mechanism that allows you to adjust the angle of the auger in case you're plowing different types of hard surfaces. This feature is quite amazing. The unit will run for almost 3 hours on its 1.32 gallon gasoline tank. Just for the record, this is the very same machine that's used extensively in Canada because of their heavy snowfall each year and this is where you can get parts for the unit if necessary. I have information for the parts distributor and I've ordered parts from them for this unit as described below.

Yamaha only sold this unit in the US for a few years because it was such an expensive machine that they couldn't compete with the likes of Honda, Toro, Cub Cadet, Ariens, John Deere, etc. This blower cost $850-900 plus tax when it was new and I acquired this unit from my father-in-law who bought it brand new for that price from Alpine Yamaha (now out of business) back in 1988. As a side note I also have the original owner's manual and sales brochure. Since taking ownership I've had the carburetor cleaned out/refurbished, installed a new NGK spark plug, and had the oil changed at a total cost of $148. I've also installed new skid plates, a new scraper bar, and all nuts & bolts to attach those items at a cost of $138 (I'll be including the original parts in the sale). Furthermore, I installed a brand-new snow clean out tool at a cost of $30 and I also had a light installed for night operation that operates from an on-board 12 volt/21 watt Lighting Coil. Finally, I installed a brand new Classic Snow Thrower Cab. Unfortunately I cannot find my receipt for the cab or the light but I believe the cost was around $100 for the cab and $40 for the light. The quality of this machine blows away anything out there today from what I've seen on the market. I used it from early February of 2009 until the end of that season and didn't use it in 2010. Due to its size and 200 pound weight I'm not able to deliver it so plan on picking it up if you buy it. Please note that you'll need two men and a Boy Scout troop to pick this monster up! I can help load the unit if necessary. If you have any questions or would like to make an appointment to see this snow blower please call me at (616) 292-2878. Thanks for taking the time to read about this very rare and heavy-duty Yamaha snow blower machine! </quote>

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
image 0 image 1
image 2 image 3
PostingID: 2730997044

Replies: 13 - 22 of 22Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
aa335

Re: Yamaha YS624T for sale in Grand Rapids MI
Reply #13   Dec 4, 2011 3:44 pm
MN_Runner wrote:
So what you are saying is that if you have a great snowblower and just want to sell it for whateve reason, it should sell on its own without having to say much.  I generally stay away from someone who over-describes what he is selling. 

Usually more detailed pictures, history of ownership, maintenance or work done is all that I need. 
sscotsman

Reply #14   Dec 4, 2011 4:36 pm
What I find most interesting about this thread is: why is this particular snowblower "worthy" to have its own thread? ;)
thousands of snowblowers are for sale on craigslist every day all across the USA and Canada..most of them arent worthy to have an
entire thread dedicated to them! ;) and im not seeing the worthiness of this one either..
so what am I missing that makes this one so special?

Scot
jackley

Reply #15   Dec 4, 2011 7:48 pm
sscotsman wrote:
What I find most interesting about this thread is: why is this particular snowblower "worthy" to have its own thread? ;)
thousands of snowblowers are for sale on craigslist every day all across the USA and Canada..most of them arent worthy to have an
entire thread dedicated to them! ;) and im not seeing the worthiness of this one either..
so what am I missing that makes this one so special?

Scot

It is an elusive Yamaha snowblower.  Something you don't see every day like the other ones.
I just thought if someone was close and looking for this power house.
trouts2

Reply #16   Dec 4, 2011 10:32 pm

Jackley: "It is an elusive Yamaha snowblower".

Indeed, it's an elusive Yamaha snowblower.  A nice one.

For the Unwashed there is Nabble which is a forum for Yamaha snowblowers.  What's so special about a brand of snowblower that it has it's own forum? 

Google Nabble - Yamaha and find out.

One of the best snowblowers ever made and is more special due to their not being sold in the US for many years = = rare.  They hold their value better than a similar year (non-hydrostatic) Honda's.  It would be higher but many out there do not know Yamaha even made snowblowers.  

Yamaha came into the US in the late 80's and left in the early tp mid 90's and developed a very positive reputation with the few that could afford their high price.  Lesser sorts looking for second hand stuff stumble on them and become smitten with them.   

Just about ever model of Murray, MTD, Ariens or Toro can be had withing a month.  If you want to pickup a YS624 track you'll have to wait 3-6 months;  that is,  if there were Yamaha outlets around where you live. 

This message was modified Dec 5, 2011 by trouts2
blumonster

Reply #17   Dec 4, 2011 11:08 pm
     Somebody was selling 2 of these together on craigslist.

I think it is impossible to find some parts and that plays a part in people wanting to get rid of these before they totally die on them.

blumonster

Reply #18   Dec 4, 2011 11:12 pm
borat wrote:
This is obviously off topic but...

Politicians who compromise meaningful relationships to seek sexual conquests obviously have a character flaw.   It's bad enough to have to appease an ego by achieving sexual conquests when nothing is at stake.  However, when such conduct causes undue hardship and pain to wives and children, the integrity of the  responsible individual stoops to new lows. 

Ask yourself a simple question.  Would you leave a person with a reputation as a philanderer alone with your spouse?   If the answer is "No.", then that should help you decide who to vote for.

I completely agree.If you are a 'conservative' especially, you should have a spotless personality and spic and span past.

I can not imagine how a 'conservative' person with strong belief in God and ethics cheats on his wife countless times.

MN_Runner

Reply #19   Dec 5, 2011 6:59 am
blumonster wrote:
I completely agree.If you are a 'conservative' especially, you should have a spotless personality and spic and span past.

I can not imagine how a 'conservative' person with strong belief in God and ethics cheats on his wife countless times.

that is why we are called conservative cheaters and pray extra hard on Sundays.
iLikeOrange

Reply #20   Dec 5, 2011 8:19 am
blumonster wrote: .

How the hell do you know he did cheat on his wife countless times?

I suppose if you were told the sky is green that makes it so?

You can not beleive what you hear or read unless you have independant FACTS. Christ almighty.

blumonster

Reply #21   Dec 5, 2011 9:46 am
iLikeOrange wrote:

How the hell do you know he did cheat on his wife countless times?

I suppose if you were told the sky is green that makes it so?

You can not beleive what you hear or read unless you have independant FACTS. Christ almighty.

Cain was born in Kenya.
This message was modified Dec 5, 2011 by blumonster
iLikeOrange

Reply #22   Dec 5, 2011 12:10 pm
The sky is green

Replies: 13 - 22 of 22Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42