Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Yamaha YS624T for sale in Grand Rapids MI

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
jackley

Yamaha YS624T for sale in Grand Rapids MI
Original Message   Dec 2, 2011 12:31 pm
http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/for/2730997044.html

It is not mine, but it just popped up on Craigslist.

<quote>I decided on snow plow service a few years back and this very rare heavy-duty Yamaha YS624T snow blower has been sitting in my garage ever since. This is by far the best machine I've ever owned. This snow blower has a 6 horsepower 4 stroke motor that is deceptive in its output. The "saw-blade auger" chops through snow with amazing agility. The shoot is only 24" wide but this unit outperformed my Honda 828 which is what I used before this one. Unbelievably, this machine is capable of throwing snow up to 46' at a rate of 35 tons/hour. Compare that to any brand-new 2 stage out there and I doubt that you'll match this capacity very easily. This unit is a track-drive system which will go through anything that our winter can throw at us! It can clear a pile of snow up to 22" in one swipe. It has 3 forward gears and 2 reverse gears. I'm also impressed by this unit's 4 step tilt mechanism that allows you to adjust the angle of the auger in case you're plowing different types of hard surfaces. This feature is quite amazing. The unit will run for almost 3 hours on its 1.32 gallon gasoline tank. Just for the record, this is the very same machine that's used extensively in Canada because of their heavy snowfall each year and this is where you can get parts for the unit if necessary. I have information for the parts distributor and I've ordered parts from them for this unit as described below.

Yamaha only sold this unit in the US for a few years because it was such an expensive machine that they couldn't compete with the likes of Honda, Toro, Cub Cadet, Ariens, John Deere, etc. This blower cost $850-900 plus tax when it was new and I acquired this unit from my father-in-law who bought it brand new for that price from Alpine Yamaha (now out of business) back in 1988. As a side note I also have the original owner's manual and sales brochure. Since taking ownership I've had the carburetor cleaned out/refurbished, installed a new NGK spark plug, and had the oil changed at a total cost of $148. I've also installed new skid plates, a new scraper bar, and all nuts & bolts to attach those items at a cost of $138 (I'll be including the original parts in the sale). Furthermore, I installed a brand-new snow clean out tool at a cost of $30 and I also had a light installed for night operation that operates from an on-board 12 volt/21 watt Lighting Coil. Finally, I installed a brand new Classic Snow Thrower Cab. Unfortunately I cannot find my receipt for the cab or the light but I believe the cost was around $100 for the cab and $40 for the light. The quality of this machine blows away anything out there today from what I've seen on the market. I used it from early February of 2009 until the end of that season and didn't use it in 2010. Due to its size and 200 pound weight I'm not able to deliver it so plan on picking it up if you buy it. Please note that you'll need two men and a Boy Scout troop to pick this monster up! I can help load the unit if necessary. If you have any questions or would like to make an appointment to see this snow blower please call me at (616) 292-2878. Thanks for taking the time to read about this very rare and heavy-duty Yamaha snow blower machine! </quote>

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
image 0 image 1
image 2 image 3
PostingID: 2730997044

Replies: 1 - 22 of 22View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 22 of 22View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42