Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > This is my Husqvarna built Craftsman, All ready for 2011-12 winter.

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
royster

" It is the use of power tools that separates man from animals"

This is my Husqvarna built Craftsman, All ready for 2011-12 winter.
Original Message   Mar 31, 2011 8:11 pm
I

This message was modified Nov 18, 2011 by royster

Replies: 27 - 36 of 36Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
royster

" It is the use of power tools that separates man from animals"

Re: This is my Husqvarna built Craftsman, All ready for 2011-12 winter.
Reply #27   Dec 6, 2011 12:07 pm
I had changed the oil at 5 hours, Mobil 5-30..   Changed it again at about 12 hours,   Have a new paved driveway  18x120  with a parking space 25-30  at the rear. 

No Snow yet.

This message was modified Dec 6, 2011 by royster

New_Yorker

Preach the Gospel always, use words when necessary

Re: my snowblower picture
Reply #28   Dec 6, 2011 12:23 pm
aa335 wrote:
That doesn't stop those Prius hybrids from trying to drag race me.  They're still getting 35+ mpg.  :) 

Surprising how aggressive tree huggers drive, with skinny tires and vague electric steering.  I love how those Prius hit a brick wall at 100 mph, can't accelerate any more.

I used to have a Honda Accord with VTEC.  I'm too old now to wait for VTEC to kick in. 

As a prius driver since 2007, I am driving a 2010 these days, I assure you we don't 'drag race' anyone, what you are seeing is the normal way we drive, and you imagine we're racing with you.  We're not ! Oh, and the Prius steers quite perfectly and I drove a 2nd as well as the current 3rd generation models, if anything'sa bit  vague while you're steering the car, its your 'Little Gray Cells' that are doing that, not the Prius.  The Prius is so terrible to drive that only 85% of Prius Owners swear they'll buy another one. The Prius takes one comfortably  50-60 miles on a gallon of $ 4.00 a gallon Gas, it makes them all quite Lovable !  We never race, no need because  We Prius Owners Love PASSING Gas Stations way more than the other cars on the road.
aa335

Re: my snowblower picture
Reply #29   Dec 6, 2011 12:36 pm
New_Yorker wrote:
As a prius driver since 2007, I am driving a 2010 these days, I assure you we don't 'drag race' anyone, what you are seeing is the normal way we drive, and you imagine we're racing with you.  We're not ! Oh, and the Prius steers quite perfectly and I drove a 2nd as well as the current 3rd generation models, if anything'sa bit  vague while you're steering the car, its your 'Little Gray Cells' that are doing that, not the Prius.  The Prius is so terrible to drive that only 85% of Prius Owners swear they'll buy another one. The Prius takes one comfortably  50-60 miles on a gallon of $ 4.00 a gallon Gas, it makes them all quite Lovable !  We never race, no need because  We Prius Owners Love PASSING Gas Stations way more than the other cars on the road.

Well, if a Prius was pushing triple digits speeds, that's pretty much racing, unless I misunderstood "hypermiling"  :)

I drove the first generation Prius a while back.  I tried my best to like it.  After 30 minutes, the best compliment I got going for it was that the car should be named "Kenmore, Maytag, Kitchenaid".  I can't remember the last time I opened a refrigerator door and got excited. 
This message was modified Dec 6, 2011 by aa335
carlb

Reply #30   Dec 6, 2011 2:55 pm
There is really no nice way to say this

Prius = Yawn

If you enjoy driving, a Prius is not for you.

I do my part to help with global warming but I will not drive a Prius.
Dr_Woof

Don't blow into the wind, and don't eat yellow snow. WOOF!

Reply #31   Dec 6, 2011 3:13 pm
My Toyota Echo gets 42 mpg and doesnt need a battery to do it

blumonster

Reply #32   Dec 6, 2011 3:54 pm
I have not driven a Prius at all but I love how they look.Nothing wrong in offering the best utility to customers.

I do not like the cliche way of describing Toyotas as refrigerators/appliances.It is car magazines' way of trying to keep their power-hungry husky readers.

Next year in March Prius Plug-in will come to the US.At a lower price, higher safety than GM's Volt.

There are some Toyotas in Europe with 55 MPG.

Toyota Auris with 1.4lt diesel engine and 6 speed manual.

But Prius has more space inside.And of course it is heavier for the US market.

http://www.toyota.com.tr/cars/new_cars/auris/fullspecs.aspx

This message was modified Dec 6, 2011 by blumonster
MN_Runner

Reply #33   Dec 6, 2011 8:24 pm
I really like the latest generation Prius too but my current Toyota and Honda are working without any issues so why change when not broken.  Just my simple observation: When there is a post or reply from Royster then there is a post by New_Yorker shortly followed by Dr_Woof.

As far as MPG goes, I think people overstate them.  On my Camry I only get 23-25 MPG instead of 30 MPG per Toyota.  My Honda gets around 18 instead of 25 MPG per Honda.  I really doubt that ECHO gets over 40 mpg in the winter time doing 70 mph or 110 kph. 

blumonster

Reply #34   Dec 6, 2011 8:56 pm
MN_Runner wrote:
I really like the latest generation Prius too but my current Toyota and Honda are working without any issues so why change when not broken.  Just my simple observation: When there is a post or reply from Royster then there is a post by New_Yorker shortly followed by Dr_Woof.

As far as MPG goes, I think people overstate them.  On my Camry I only get 23-25 MPG instead of 30 MPG per Toyota.  My Honda gets around 18 instead of 25 MPG per Honda.  I really doubt that ECHO gets over 40 mpg in the winter time doing 70 mph or 110 kph. 

Maybe manufacturers/EPA tests mileage with ethanol added gas which gives lower mileage.

Winter gas blend lowers it also.

One before the last fill up I averaged 22.5 mpg with our 2003 Sienna. When I filled up today mpg amounted to 20.I wonder if the gas station I buy my gas from changed to winter formulation.

I had noticed the pattern. :D

MN_Runner

Reply #35   Dec 6, 2011 9:33 pm
Maybe they changed the gasoline formular already.  My 2005 Oddysey goes from 18-19mpg  to 16-17 mpg in the winter time.  I only drive the car from Dec thru Mar then I bike to work as long as I don't have an experiment at a research lab. It gets better MPG on the freeway but I am going north of 70mph so gas mileage is not as good with the box.  The speed governor trips around 116mph (not bad for a boring box).  The only  reason I like this mini van is that my 928 fits with the seats folded.  No major snow for next 10 days or so but just cold enough to remind me it is winter. 
Dr_Woof

Don't blow into the wind, and don't eat yellow snow. WOOF!

Reply #36   Dec 6, 2011 9:56 pm
MN_Runner wrote:

well, it certainly depends a lot on how you drive and how hard you push it.  But it still does over 40 mpg for me and without a 500 pound battery to lug around.  Not to mention all the environmental disadvantages of producing batteries.

Replies: 27 - 36 of 36Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42