Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Honda HS928 Engine Surging Between Loads

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
MN_Runner

Honda HS928 Engine Surging Between Loads
Original Message   Feb 1, 2011 7:20 pm
Given Situation: Engine has been fully warmed up and the throttle is set to fast.   

Scenario: My Honda snowblower surges when it comes out of the load.  If I blow the snow with the throttle at either low or medium speed then the engine does not surge when the load is light but when the throttle is set to fast, the engine will surge when the load is low or minimum.  As soon as it gets a full load, no surging.   I took the blower to the dealer today (since no snow for few days and the wait is not too long) as I felt this was not right.  I had this problem since it was brand new in Dec 2010.  I will let you know what the fix is or if this is normal.  Any similar experiences from Honda snowblower owners?

Replies: 23 - 32 of 40Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
MN_Runner

Re: Honda HS928 Engine Surging Between Loads
Reply #23   Feb 4, 2011 9:42 pm
Do you think everyone is that dishonest?  Sounds like you have done this before.
friiy

Reply #24   Feb 4, 2011 10:08 pm
     Have you seen how ladys are treated at Midas, FireStone, PepBoys and other places?   

Does the Monster Cable the salesmen at  Best Buy tries to sell you ( that costs $75 dollars), does it  put out a "Better Digital Signal"?----------   Digital is there or it isn't...

Timeshares are worth the money,  The salesman said so.....

Do you shop around when you go to a Auto dealer?,   They all should cost the same right?

And if you leave your car unlocked in a Walmart parking , lot your wallet will still be on the seat when you get back....

Watch your back, ask questions and never be taken advantage of ......

Friiy

MN_Runner

Reply #25   Feb 4, 2011 10:15 pm
if my blower was out of warranty then it is a different story.  I enjoy fixing my own stuff after the warranty is over just like my car or appliances.    I find that people I hang around are honest and trustworthy.  I can diagree with Borat and AA335 but I do see genuine honesty in them.  I would ask trouts to defend them in a heart beat.
This message was modified Feb 4, 2011 by MN_Runner
friiy

Reply #26   Feb 4, 2011 10:15 pm
Yeah,  as a dealer for 12  or so years for Honda...I saw a lot of NEW carbs  (so the customer said)  with rust damage or corrosion on the aluminum tower...

"...But the other shop put a new carb on it a few months ago,  What do you mean it isn't new?"

Friiy

MN_Runner

Reply #27   Feb 4, 2011 10:28 pm
friiy,

my blower is fixed so i am fine.  do you want me to go to the dealer (waste a gallon on gas and my time) and ask them for an old carburetor so I can keep if as a momento.  even if it were true, what do you want me to do - as there was no charge to me.  should I protest at the dealer until they UNEQUIVOCALLY show me the proof. 

This message was modified Feb 4, 2011 by MN_Runner
friiy

Reply #28   Feb 4, 2011 10:34 pm
no no no....

Friiy

borat

Reply #29   Feb 4, 2011 10:39 pm
If and when I bring my vehicles (don't do cars/trucks) to a repair shop for maintenance such as timing belt and pulleys, I advise them that I want to see the old parts before I pay the bill. 

Friiy's point is that, the dealer didn't do you any favours.   Had you been paying out of your pocket, you would have seen the $400.00 charge.  Dealers know they can't hoodwink the manufacturers for more money to do a particular job.  That stuff is basically flat rate for parts and time.  However, they can and probably did bill Honda for a carb/labour and likely only changed or opened up the jet in your original carb.   That way, they put in a $2.00 jet and bill Honda for the full price of a carb, pocketing that money.  It's nothing new.  Actually, I wouldn't doubt that it's pretty much common practice at a lot of dealerships.
MN_Runner

Reply #30   Feb 4, 2011 11:22 pm
friiy and borat,

you are correct - what do you want me to do?

tkrotchko

Reply #31   Feb 5, 2011 2:52 am
MN_Runner wrote:
friiy and borat,

Sounds to me like folks just makin' conversation.
borat

Reply #32   Feb 5, 2011 9:07 am
MN_Runner wrote:
friiy and borat,

Keep $400.00 on hand for when the warranty expires.  
Replies: 23 - 32 of 40Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42