Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Engine not running smooth, stalling

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
beastieboy

Engine not running smooth, stalling
Original Message   Jan 30, 2011 2:34 pm
I have a Toro 1028 OXE that I purchased two years ago. Admittedly I've not done the year end routine of maintenance and now it seems to have come back to bite me. The engine has been running very rough this year so today I drained the fuel and added new premium 93 octane fuel, changed the spark plug and for good measure changed the oil. Still the same problem, engine will not run smooth and actually is stalling now after a few minutes at idle. Normally I would just have it in for service but with the amount and frequency of snowfall this year, I can't be without it for a week. Any suggestions for what I should try next would be appreciated.
Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
MN_Runner

Re: Engine not running smooth, stalling
Reply #1   Jan 30, 2011 2:37 pm
Can you show us a picture or two of your Toro 1028 snowblower?
bus708

Reply #2   Jan 30, 2011 4:31 pm
You have a carb problem. You need to clean it. Try some sea foam / mix it with REG gas. reg gas is better for small engines it  burns faster than high octane. Run it until it smoothes out. If it does not then you may need to clean and blow out your orffaces. When it is running add choke to keep it running. I here seafoam is a good cleaner. Keep your rpm up as high as you can wile running seafoam through it.
This message was modified Jan 30, 2011 by bus708
MN_Runner

Reply #3   Jan 30, 2011 4:34 pm
do you really think beastiboy has a snowblower?  he sounds like DNJ or New_Yorker positing for FUN.
borat

Reply #4   Jan 30, 2011 5:13 pm
bus708 wrote:
You have a carb problem. You need to clean it. Try some sea foam / mix it with REG gas. reg gas is better for small engines it  burns faster than high octane. Run it until it smoothes out. If it does not then you may need to clean and blow out your orffaces. When it is running add choke to keep it running. I here seafoam is a good cleaner. Keep your rpm up as high as you can wile running seafoam through it.

Yeah..... Just run some SeaFoam in it man..... Guaranteed to work!!!  NOT.

Fuel additives do squat.  Been down that road and learned my lesson.  Check the fuel system for water/debris, pull the carb, completely disassemble and clean.  Get back to us after you do that if you still have problems.  Then we'll go to the next step(s).
Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42