Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Breaking the Jinx!

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Steve_Cebu

Breaking the Jinx!
Original Message   Dec 19, 2010 9:55 pm
Oh Gosh I hope it won't snow! I just washed my snowblower and waxed it. It would be terrible if it snowed and got all dirty. I sure hope it doesn't snow this weekend that would be awful! It's too cold to be out blowing snow. I hope we have the lightest snowfall of the decade. Nothing could possibly make it snow. I hope we don't have any snow at all this year that would be great!

This year we will have no snow at all here. We won't get more than a flurry all winter. It's so great when it isn't snowing. There isn't a cloud in the sky!

Now to sit back and wait for the blizzard of 2011

"If you have more miles on your snow blower than your car, you live in New England."  "If you can drive 75 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard without flinching, you live in New England."
Replies: 70 - 79 of 94Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
FrankMA

Re: Breaking the Jinx!
Reply #70   Jan 12, 2011 6:14 pm
I just finished up after 5 hours! 20" the last time I measured (about 12:30 pm) and the snow is still falling. My wife made a nice rabi, sausage and orechetti soup that was delicious after all this hard work.  I'm beat - a little libation and it's off to LaLa land... I'll have to do a quick driveway cleaning tomorrow morning before I head out for the day.

Toro Wheel Horse 522xi GT, Honda HS928TA, Honda HS621AS, Honda HS520A, Toro CCR3000 (work in progress), Honda HS624WA (sold 08/23/2010), Stihl BR550 Backpack Blower, Stihl MS250, McCulloch MS1635, Honda EM6500SX Generator
Steve_Cebu

Reply #71   Jan 12, 2011 6:35 pm
aa335 wrote:
Nice, good amount of snow. I'm still waiting for one of those storms this winter. The last snowfall was a mere 3 inch.

We actually have about 20 inches right now! When I started it was 16" at the edge of our door. It was snowing then and it's still coming down out there. We spent 2 hours doing the driveway because it took time to video everything. I can normally do it in 1.5 hours. Lots of videos being uploaded to YouTube right now. I will post links once they are done in another thread. What is interesting is I got a great video of Toro's Power Max Auger System at work! Very cool! I also have a video on just how fast, quick and easy it is to use Toro's joystick controlled quick chute system. Now that was fun! I did eat some of the small fence under the snow.  Lots of EOD vids and my wife did a couple of EOD vids as well. She also was able to pull start the Toro on one pull on her first try! We have a video of that too! So this was a fun snowstorm. I think we could get another 5-6 inches by morning!  

I hope you get some white gold soon!

"If you have more miles on your snow blower than your car, you live in New England."  "If you can drive 75 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard without flinching, you live in New England."
aa335

Reply #72   Jan 12, 2011 7:32 pm
@steve

That is a lot of snow.  Good thing you took advantage of it to take some videos.  Hopefully Toro can use some of the clips for their promotional material.

I like one of those 20 inch snowfall once a while to take out the big Honda and stretch its muscles.  I want the heavy wet snow so that I can hear the engine load up, and enough snow to block in the neighbor's Hummer H2 that never seen dirt but been to Starbucks everyday.  :)  He's got a itty bitty little snowblower.  Can't wait to see him shovel this load.  I've never seen a 200lb 6 foot tall grown man shovel 2 inch of snow in such a wussy manner. 
This message was modified Jan 12, 2011 by aa335
GtWtNorth

https://t.me/pump_upp

Reply #73   Jan 12, 2011 8:03 pm
Well Steve, at least you share the fun with your videos  & I get to live vicariously through them. Bloody storm passed just south of us again. Didn't get any more than can be handled with a broom. All that washing & waxing didn't help a bit. Maybe I'll get out the leaf blower to get my OPE fix!

Have fun Guys

https://t.me/pump_upp
Steve_Cebu

Reply #74   Jan 12, 2011 8:32 pm
We're glad you are enjoying our vids. I just posted a bunch more on YouTube. I also posted a few links in another thread.

Got some great video, too bad it isn't in Hi-Def!

Sorry to hear that you guys aren't getting any snow. I look forward to seeing your vids when you post them.

Remember if you like them to post a Thumbs up.

Took over 2 hours to do my driveway because of the videos. The plow was nice enough to hit the trash as it was trash day today.

Keep washing and waxing that always makes it snow or rain at least it does in New England!

Paul7

Reply #75   Jan 12, 2011 8:55 pm
GtWtNorth wrote:
Well Steve, at least you share the fun with your videos  & I get to live vicariously through them. Bloody storm passed just south of us again. Didn't get any more than can be handled with a broom. All that washing & waxing didn't help a bit. Maybe I'll get out the leaf blower to get my OPE fix!

Have fun Guys

Or you could get one of these...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvu8HuvSA2s&feature=fvw
rubinew

Reply #76   Jan 12, 2011 9:14 pm
Major snow storm has moved in, blizzard conditions, just ran the Yamaha through 12-16 inches of blown snow, and 30 minutes later, can't tell I was out there!

So tomorrow I expect 2-3 feet of blown snow, at least I get to test out the Yamaha, see if it lives up to my expectations!!

MN_Runner

Reply #77   Jan 12, 2011 9:29 pm
rubinew,

I think the snow gods are granting all of your three wishes: 1) Move you to Canada 2) Buy Yamaha YS928 3) Give you blizzard(s).  Hopefully you didn't have a fourth wish.  Be careful what you wish for.

Steve_Cebu

Reply #78   Jan 12, 2011 10:02 pm
rubinew wrote:
Major snow storm has moved in, blizzard conditions, just ran the Yamaha through 12-16 inches of blown snow, and 30 minutes later, can't tell I was out there!

So tomorrow I expect 2-3 feet of blown snow, at least I get to test out the Yamaha, see if it lives up to my expectations!!

I'm sure it will be awesome! Too bad I'm not closer or I could film it for you.

aa335

Reply #79   Jan 13, 2011 11:25 am
Man, you guys in the east coast are getting some serious snow.  The air here is so dry and we're heading into deep freeze.  I don't' know how else to trick the snow gods except selling off my snowblowers. 
This message was modified Jan 13, 2011 by aa335
Replies: 70 - 79 of 94Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42