Abby's Guide to Community
Username Password
Discussions More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Community > Discussions > I'm in the wrong business!

Community Discussions

Search For:
Vangellis

Dream more easy in the chair that really fits you.

I'm in the wrong business!
Original Message   Mar 19, 2005 11:41 am
I just came across these for sale in E-bay. Would you buy this?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1469&item=5566772697&rd=1

And if you have any hot wheels laying around, you might want to check them out.     

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1172&item=6951960863&rd=1                                                                                        

Kevin

This message was modified Mar 19, 2005 by Vangellis

Simplicity Conquest
Replies: 1 - 16 of 16View as Outline
Majorxlr8n

Re: I'm in the wrong business!
Reply #1   Mar 19, 2005 2:04 pm
1st Item: I can't believe the weirdo stuff people put on Ebay - even more psychotic are the ones who bid on this crap...

2nd Item: Thats an INCREDIBLE price for a Hot Wheels car! I sold a prototype Mercedes 280SL "Gullwing" doored Hot Wheels car with plastic black bottom for $800 about 5 years ago & I thought I did well. I had a friend who's dad worked for Mattel development in Metuchen NJ back in the late 1960's & I used to get these "oddities" as birthday gifts.

Cool stuff Kevin!

Marty

Paula

May you have enough happiness to make you sweet,
enough trials to make you strong,
enough sorrow to keep you human and
enough hope to make you happy.

Reply #2   Mar 19, 2005 2:48 pm
Kevin & Marty

I've done some selling on Ebay as well and its amazing that prices you can get for some items.  It really pays to keep up with the markets (toy, antiques, etc.) with what's hot because if you have any of the stuff and don't have any sentimental attachment to it, you can make some good money on it. 

An example was Martha Stewarts show which always had pictures of her Jade glass collection on the shelves, and, after that, you couldn't touch the stuff....which was a little gold mine if you had any of the stuff, which we did and made out very well on it.  Prior to her show, you practically couldn't give the stuff away.  What's tough is you never really know what is going to be hot and if you buy up the wrong stuff, you can get stuck with lots of ugly, useless stuff...

I wonder if the IRS ever got their clutches into Ebay regarding sales taxes?  I know a few years ago they were working on it but I don't know what the laws are anymore as its been a few years since I've sold on there. 

Paula

This message was modified Mar 19, 2005 by Paula
Highwind

Despite the high cost of living, have you noticed how it remains so popular.

Reply #3   Mar 19, 2005 5:14 pm

Drat! If I had known all those under-the-bed dwelling monsters were valuable I would have set out live traps for them. Instead I put out poison, like carrots and brussel sprouts, and wiped the poor devils out.

All that extra cash from kids, nephews, cousins, brothers and sisters' monsters, all buried in the back yard.

Honda stable: HS 724 snowblower;  HRS216 lawnmower; BF2 UWWW; 5 HP, 2200 psi/2.9 GPM pressure washer.

Electric: BV2500 B&D Leaf Hog/snow duster; old 12" Weedeater.

Vangellis

Reply #4   Mar 19, 2005 8:50 pm
My wifes nephew used to manage a toy store and he was collecting hot wheels as the new ones came out.

About 2 months ago he sold one for...$2000. Unreal.

We call our little piece of heaven here, The Emerald Acre. I think I'll sell bags of sod on E-bay from the

Emerald Acre. Yeah, thats the ticket!
                                                                                                 Kevin

Simplicity Conquest
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #5   Mar 19, 2005 11:56 pm
Geeze, if I only still had all my Hot Wheels from the late 60's, damn.
Walt

Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. -T. Roosevelt

Reply #6   Mar 22, 2005 4:53 am
The Monster story was on the news here in Philly.  The monster kept trashing the girls room but no longer does.  It was the daughter (about 5 years old) that told her mom to sell it on e-bay.  When the story was broadcast, the current bids were only about $375, and although the mom was in disbelief, she said she was most happy that the monster was no longer trashing the room.
Vangellis

Reply #7   Mar 22, 2005 11:48 am
Walt wrote:
The Monster story was on the news here in Philly.  The monster kept trashing the girls room but no longer does.  It was the daughter (about 5 years old) that told her mom to sell it on e-bay.  When the story was broadcast, the current bids were only about $375, and although the mom was in disbelief, she said she was most happy that the monster was no longer trashing the room.

Hi Walt. I just checked and it's up to............$6,600. With 1 day and 4hrs to go. Unreal.

Kevin

Simplicity Conquest
Marshall

Reply #8   Mar 22, 2005 3:39 pm
Vangellis wrote:
Hi Walt. I just checked and it's up to............$6,600. With 1 day and 4hrs to go. Unreal.

Kevin

I don't get it? I mean, are there really people ingorant enought to pay that kind of money for a baggy?

bmwe0692

"Have a great and glorious day"

Reply #9   Mar 22, 2005 5:09 pm
Marshall:
The only way I would pay that much for a baggy,
it would have to have A LOT and I mean a LOT of premo brown leafy substance!

Put it where the Big iron wheel runs!!!
Walt

Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. -T. Roosevelt

Reply #10   Mar 22, 2005 6:04 pm
Wow Kevin!,

$6600...Go ahead monster and trash the place...I'll hire a maid!

Walt

Marshall

Reply #11   Mar 22, 2005 7:08 pm
bmwe0692 wrote:
Marshall:
The only way I would pay that much for a baggy,
it would have to have A LOT and I mean a LOT of premo brown leafy substance
Hahaha, with Lots and Premo being the operative words! 
Majorxlr8n

Reply #12   Mar 23, 2005 1:29 am
Hey Folks: I've been following this too. The current bid is up to $14,900!!! As they say in the car business, there's an a$$ for every seat...

Marty

Vangellis

Reply #13   Mar 23, 2005 12:09 pm
Majorxlr8n wrote:
Hey Folks: I've been following this too. The current bid is up to $14,900!!! As they say in the car business, there's an a$$ for every seat...

Marty

Marty, I was just going to post that update, with 4 1/2 hrs to go. I just realized my teenage sons bedroom is a gold mine.
Heck, you can even have the 2 guitars, 2 amps, and various issues of Rolling Stone strewn about his room. Need clothes for your kid. Theres piles of those too. LOL

Oh Marshall. It's not just a baggie. You get the cloth and a piece of art also. All well worth, ummmm, a nickel.  WooWeee.

Kevin

Simplicity Conquest
Marshall

Reply #14   Mar 23, 2005 1:03 pm
I'm stunned!

if a baggie will bring that much, think how much we could get for Jubol!

Emmo

Reply #15   Mar 23, 2005 5:16 pm
AUCTION JUST CLOSED.

$6600!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UNBELIEVABLE!!    Hope they throw in a few special brownies in that baggie so that the winning bidder does indeed see monsters!

The Hotwheels car brought $20,100!!!!!!!!!!!
This message was modified Mar 23, 2005 by Emmo
Vangellis

Reply #16   Mar 24, 2005 1:54 pm
I just checked that again. Seems there were a bunch of retractions and the girl that won it got a

negative feedback saying someone used her name to bid on it as a joke. The gaul of her!   LOL

Simplicity Conquest
Replies: 1 - 16 of 16View as Outline
Community Guide   •   Discussions  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42