Abby's Guide to Community
Username Password
Discussions More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Community > Discussions > Should you have kept that muscle car?

Community Discussions

Search For:
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Should you have kept that muscle car?
Original Message   Mar 16, 2005 7:14 pm
Click here and look at more pics

Year: 1970
Make: Plymouth
Model: Hemi Cuda
Vehicle Location: Summerville, South Carolina - Free auto transport quote!
Price: $360,000 - US Dollars - Finance this car!

Click here for a detailed inspection report on this vehicle

Description:
After Flying out to personally inspect this rare Hemi Cuda. We are pleased to present this Numbers Matching HEMI Cuda, with great honour and respect for a true work of art. Not only was this car done right, I can almost promise you it looks better than it did when it rolled off the assembly line. The underside of this car looks just as good as the top, not too mention how nicely detailed the engine compartment is. Everything on this car is correct as it should be for a car of this caliber. The Cuda comes with tons of documentation, Build Sheet and Fender Tag. It is also a very rare color combo of Rallye Red exterior, Interior with a black vinyl top. Not too mention from what we could find out it is one of 3 with a factory luggage rack. Some of the other cool options are Wood Grain Console, Remote Mirror, Tachometer, Plastic Front Bumper and Dual Chrome Tip Exhaust. If you are looking for a perfect Hemi Cuda, and are tired of your time being wasted with those that think they have one. Call us anytime, We are Brokers for this Rolling Work of Art and can assist with everything it will take too put this in your garage soon. From Wire Transfers to Transportation, we are set up too help in any way possible. Call or email anytime.
Replies: 10 - 19 of 19Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Bill_D

Nice day for a mow!!

Re: Should you have kept that muscle car?
Reply #10   Mar 17, 2005 4:54 pm
Marshalll not to sound stupid, but where did you post it??   I posted a picture of mine on the old site, cant find the thread now.
Marshall

Reply #11   Mar 17, 2005 6:06 pm
Bill_D wrote:
Marshalll not to sound stupid, but where did you post it??   I posted a picture of mine on the old site, cant find the thread now.

From the link in my first post I started the thread with. I saw at least one Hurst Olds on there.

Link

This '75 is bringing 15K. I imagine your '68 is well beyond that.

This message was modified Mar 17, 2005 by Marshall
Marshall

Reply #12   Mar 17, 2005 6:23 pm
Here you go Bill, getting close to 68. $42,500.00

1970 Oldsmobile 442 2-Door Sport Coupe (w-30)

Year: 1970
Make: Oldsmobile
Model: 442 2-Door Sport Coupe (w-30)
Vehicle Location: Pineville, Louisiana - Free auto transport quote!
Price: $42,500 - US Dollars - Finance this car!

Click here for a detailed inspection report on this vehicle

Description:
1970 442 455 W-30 4 Speed Yellow Black W-30 Stripe Package W-35 Rear Spoiler W-27 Aluminum Rear Diff. Cover W-25 Air Induction Hood #'s Matching 455 4 speed Muncie Hurst Shifted Nationwide Shipping Available Located Pineville, LA 71360 Phone: 1-800-716-9635 Call for photos & additional details.
Majorxlr8n

Reply #13   Mar 18, 2005 12:44 am
Marshall wrote:
Marty, nice Goat! What's under the hood?

OK Marshall - since you asked...

Its a 1970 Pontiac 455 block with many modifications. Total displacement is 481 inches - .040" cylinder overbore with steel sleeve inserts, .028" additional stroke on the crankshaft, 6.800" Big Block Chevrolet steel rods, custom Venolia pistons with raised pin height for zero deck clearance, Childs & Albert total seal Zero gap rings - compression is 11.75 to 1, custom billet steel four bolt main caps with ARP high tensile studs. Original heads have been fully ported & flow 280 CFM at 28hg water on the intake, 220 CFM on the exhausts, Ferrea Valves, Crane 1.65 to 1 roller rockers, & Jesel valve stud girdles. Intake is a highly modified, cut, reshaped & rewelded Edelbrock Torquer II with a Holley 950 CFM Pro Series 4 barrel carb, cam is a Lunati Hydraulic with .595" lift intake, .610" exhaust, 250/250 degrees duration, cam lobe centerline is 106 degrees & cam is installed 2 degrees advanced from TDC. Exhaust starts out with a slightly modified set of equal length Hooker headers, 2.5" head pipes with a Dr. Gas "X" crossover pipe, LARGE 21" case Walker Dynomax mufflers (to keep the local constabularies content) with 3" mandrel bent tailpipes. Ignition is a Delco Remy HEI with an Accel module, MSD 75kv coil, Stef's Specialties pickup coil & trigger, Taylor Spiral core ignition wires. For the rest of the drivetrain I run an A-1 10" torque converter with 3500RPM stall speed, Turbo Hydramatic 400 3 speed transmission with manual valve body and the gearing out back is only 3.23 to 1 with an Eaton Severe duty differential.

My engine was actually a combined effort of my thoughts & another long time Pontiac guy in my area. This brainchild was actually composed on paper back in 1991, but didn't see actual assembly until 1997. Many measurements had to be made before ordering many expensive, special order parts. This engine (out of the car) made 587 hp on the dyno & makes 530 hp on the chassis dyno. While this is really not a BIG horsepower engine, it makes an abundance of torque at very low RPM (try 705 Ft/lbs at 2200) & at redline (6600 rpm) still makes 645 ft/lbs. Maximum hp is reached between 6400-6500 rpm depending on weather conditions, altitude, carb jetting & ignition timing. Best quarter mile times to date: 11.90 @ 112 mph with slicks & full exhaust thru mufflers, 11.73 @ 115 with slicks & open exhaust. My car weighs 4250 lbs with me strapped in & 6 gallons of fuel. In 1983, my dad dubbed this car "the refrigerator" due to its heft, white color, and due to the fact that "the light comes on when you open the door". I even have a few of those tacky fridge magnets on the trunk decklid!

This car has been a rolling testbed for my own experimenting with the Pontiac V8 powerplant. I have learned a lot with this car - both what to do & what NOT to do with a Pontiac engine. Many guys over the years attempted to build up their Pontiac engine in similar fashion to that of a Chevrolet, and it almost ALWAYS resulted in a very doggy powerplant. I can't tell you how many Pontiac guys I've helped over the years who had just a bad combo of parts installed & a real poor engine tune.

My GTO has been featured in High Performance Pontiac magazine on 3 occasions, last being October of 1998. In that issue, there is a picture of my car pulling up & carrying the left front tire about 4" off the ground for the entire 60' starting pad. It took a lot of hard work, money, & mistakes to get there, but it's priceless...

Marty

This message was modified Mar 18, 2005 by Majorxlr8n

Marshall

Reply #14   Mar 18, 2005 11:45 am
Marty, sounds like a hellatious engine! All it needs now is a blower.
snowshoveler

tides in dirts out surfs up

Reply #15   Mar 18, 2005 6:50 pm
i always liked the tin indian..

and they seemed to respond quite nicley to a boost in compression.there basic design was pretty good right out of the box.

good heads and good valve train .all you needed on the street was a little extra with the pistons.and you seem to have lots of that.

nice ride .

later chris

craftsman 10/28 snowblower with tracks   husky 372xpg chainsaw   sachs dolmar bc212 bushsaw   mondo trimmer   monster tractor with trailer    cheep wheelbarro and couple shovels and a partridge in a pear tree 
buttlint

Reply #16   Mar 18, 2005 8:15 pm
Sweet rides.
I am sure you feel guys feel the same pride with your rides as I do with my sweet machine. (1995 Saturn SL-1)

I had her all polished up and lookin' fine last summer.
Although you cant see all of the improvements I've made...believe me they are there! This is one "sleeper".
I tricked her out with:
  • 36 month Sears Diehard Battery
  • The exhaust is a high-end  Midas "Gold Series" system.
  • 2 Anco "Micro-edge" wiper blades.
  • 4 Uniroyal Tigerpaw retreads keep this baby glued too the pavement.
Check out what I have done too the interior.

• Fully reclining seats. (Sleeps 2 comfortably)
  • Dual function floor mats that convert into super warm comforters.
  • Totally functional cigarette lighter with custom high capacity "beanbag" ashtray. (Not shown.)
  • AM-FM radio with factory Delco-Remy cassette player.
And talk about performance!
  • 0-60 mph: mid 1:30's.
  • I have had her up too 72 mph......but I had too back off when one of the tire caps let loose.
Highwind

Despite the high cost of living, have you noticed how it remains so popular.

Reply #17   Mar 18, 2005 9:16 pm
LOL Lint.

I can see you are rightly proud of your stead, and the $89.95 worth of performance enhancements you've put into her.  Since she is obviously your pride and joy, you should think about adding cup and liquor bottle holders, unless the wife will hang onto them for you while you wrestle with the loose steering to keep the old rocket more or less going in a straight line. Or was that just you after emptying a bottle of Jack Daniels in a single gulp? Can't blame you as one would have to be drunk or insane to drive where you live.  And we all know you are as sane as a......well.....uh, ....hmmm....going to have to think about it and get back to you.

Honda stable: HS 724 snowblower;  HRS216 lawnmower; BF2 UWWW; 5 HP, 2200 psi/2.9 GPM pressure washer.

Electric: BV2500 B&D Leaf Hog/snow duster; old 12" Weedeater.

Marshall

Reply #18   Mar 18, 2005 10:07 pm
Lint, you crack me up.
buttlint

Reply #19   Mar 18, 2005 11:07 pm
Thanks guys.
I think once I get the left front quarter and hood replaced.....I could probley expect maybe, $500.00-$525.00 at a good auction.
(Not that I would I would ever sell her!)
Replies: 10 - 19 of 19Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Community Guide   •   Discussions  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42