Abby's Guide to Community
Username Password
Discussions More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Community > Discussions > Should you have kept that muscle car?

Community Discussions

Search For:
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Should you have kept that muscle car?
Original Message   Mar 16, 2005 7:14 pm
Click here and look at more pics

Year: 1970
Make: Plymouth
Model: Hemi Cuda
Vehicle Location: Summerville, South Carolina - Free auto transport quote!
Price: $360,000 - US Dollars - Finance this car!

Click here for a detailed inspection report on this vehicle

Description:
After Flying out to personally inspect this rare Hemi Cuda. We are pleased to present this Numbers Matching HEMI Cuda, with great honour and respect for a true work of art. Not only was this car done right, I can almost promise you it looks better than it did when it rolled off the assembly line. The underside of this car looks just as good as the top, not too mention how nicely detailed the engine compartment is. Everything on this car is correct as it should be for a car of this caliber. The Cuda comes with tons of documentation, Build Sheet and Fender Tag. It is also a very rare color combo of Rallye Red exterior, Interior with a black vinyl top. Not too mention from what we could find out it is one of 3 with a factory luggage rack. Some of the other cool options are Wood Grain Console, Remote Mirror, Tachometer, Plastic Front Bumper and Dual Chrome Tip Exhaust. If you are looking for a perfect Hemi Cuda, and are tired of your time being wasted with those that think they have one. Call us anytime, We are Brokers for this Rolling Work of Art and can assist with everything it will take too put this in your garage soon. From Wire Transfers to Transportation, we are set up too help in any way possible. Call or email anytime.
Replies: 1 - 10 of 19NextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Emmo

Re: Should you have kept that muscle car?
Reply #1   Mar 16, 2005 7:41 pm
Nice car and all that but that A LOT OF DOUGH!!

Granted, mine was not mint and very used up by the time I was done with it, not worth much today (although the price of scrap is pretty high right now)

This was similar to mine. Sold it in 1978, $800 if I remember.

This message was modified Mar 17, 2005 by Emmo
bbwb

Less is more...more or less

Reply #2   Mar 16, 2005 8:43 pm
No question that the muscle cars from the 60's and 70's are getting premium prices right now.   What really turns my crank (no pun intended) would be a 1959 Buick Electra.  Those delta wing units are way cool.  Pedestrians need to run for cover with this one coming down the road, the fins would cut them in two!

bbwb

Marshall

Reply #3   Mar 16, 2005 10:36 pm
Emmo, that's a bad azz pic man!    Can you believe $360,000.00 for that Cuda? Damn!

bbwb, something like the following?

Boy, you're right, those wings are mega.

Looks like they came with either a 364 V-8 or a 401 V-8.

BTW, I didn't realize the Buick made a 425 with 2) 4bbl carbs on it in the 60's.
I also didn't know that a 455 meant 455 ft lbs of torque.
Learn something everyday.

Buick Engine Identification
bbwb

Less is more...more or less

Reply #4   Mar 16, 2005 11:40 pm
Yep, thats it.  However, I prefer the 4 door sedan over the hardtop model in  the pictures.  I never did care for the eyebrow over the rear window.  My dad had one of these and always had to replace the rear resonators because they  were directly behind the rear wheels, and that the short trips to work never heated them up enough.  The triple turbine tranny was rebuilt at least two times that I can remember (sold with 70,000 miles).  The next owner drove it to the twin cities and lost the car due to fire.  A fuel line broke and sprayed gas on the hot exhaust.  Oh well.

bbwb

Paula

May you have enough happiness to make you sweet,
enough trials to make you strong,
enough sorrow to keep you human and
enough hope to make you happy.

Reply #5   Mar 17, 2005 12:24 am
bbwb

I had a 1966 Buick Electra in my college years...picked it up for $600 if I remember right.  And for good reason....the tie rods were shot and every time I hit a bump, the wheel would start shaking and I'd have to slow down until it stopped before I could speed up again.  The heater didn't work so I drove to school with the windows down to keep the windshield from frosting up.  The distributor cap had a hairline crack so if there was any moisture in the air, I had to take it off and blow it dry with a blowdryer.  And the alternator went out shortly after buying it.....remember driving home in the rain without using the wipers because lights were getting so dim and I wound up coasting into the driveway.  

My memories of that car were a little less than happy ones....I used to refer to it as my boat without the oars...

Paula

Majorxlr8n

Reply #6   Mar 17, 2005 1:41 am
Still got mine!

If I decided to sell my GTO, I'd be LUCKY to get 2% of what that Hemi 'Cuda is worth! But I know my battered & tattered "Goat" would leave that trailer queen hemi in the dust...

Marty

Bill_D

Nice day for a mow!!

Reply #7   Mar 17, 2005 1:43 am
Still have my 68' Hurst/Olds, appreciating by the minute!
Marshall

Reply #8   Mar 17, 2005 10:17 am
Marty, nice Goat! What's under the hood?

Bill, you're right, that Hurst Olds is getting more valuable every day. Did you check out the other Hurst Olds on the site I posted? If not, do so.

MissSnowshoveler

If you don't have free speech, what do you have?

Reply #9   Mar 17, 2005 11:17 am
Boy now this is a thread after my own heart.  I love the cars (well most of them) from before my time. 

I've been to a lot of car shows and have been with a car that has been in the shows.  I love the feel and atmosphere.  Just as long as the people don't go ape crazy cleaning.  When I have to lay under the car to clean it - I give up!

I have a lot of pics of the cars that I used to hang out with.  Love for you guys to see them.  But here at work we are on slow, slow dial up, so that really isn't an option.  But take my word for it - they're awesome.

Sherri

If you don't have free speech, what do you have?
Bill_D

Nice day for a mow!!

Reply #10   Mar 17, 2005 4:54 pm
Marshalll not to sound stupid, but where did you post it??   I posted a picture of mine on the old site, cant find the thread now.
Replies: 1 - 10 of 19NextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Community Guide   •   Discussions  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42